What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had awards night for the Cub Scouts. Zane is a Bear now.
Also Jasper graduated pre School. He will be in Kindergarten next year and joins Cub Scouts. Some of you will remember that he was allergic to almost everything when he was born. That was one reason why I joined this group. Now he has outgrown all of them. View attachment 34917View attachment 34918

Great pics of your handsome little guys, Jon! So glad to hear that little Jasper has outgrown his allergies. :flowers: My grandson Tyler had a couple of food allergies as well when he was little, but not to the extent of your little Jasper. Now that Tyler is almost 9, he's outgrown them as well. :)

Good news, Addie. Keep up the work.

Had awards night for the Cub Scouts. Zane is a Bear now.
Also Jasper graduated pre School. He will be in Kindergarten next year and joins Cub Scouts...
Your boys look like the sweetest, Jon! I bet they're both "all boy", though. They sure are growing up. Very happy that Jasper's allergies are all gone.

I can't remember if I told anyone here I bought a trailer. Well, what with one thing or the other, it will really be too much for me to work on by myself. So I've decided to sell it. The buyer gave me a down payment for it and will pay me the rest next week.

Naturally, one of my friends rounded up four of her relatives who said they would help me fix it up for free just two days later. But one of the people she talked to is her BIL and his house burned down not too long ago. I know he has his hands full, so I don't want to put this trailer thing on him. They absolutely refuse to accept payment.

Once the trailer is gone, the person who will be doing my water will be able to get up to my lot and start that (no, there still isn't water on my lot yet - URK!).

Once the water is on the lot, I have a tent I'll live in for the rest of the summer and then sometime this fall, I'll buy a storage shed to put my stuff in. After that, I'll move into my car like I had originally planned.

Meantime, it looks like I might be here in subsidized housing a little longer, something I'm not at all happy about.

So things are still sort of going to plan, just a lot slower than I had hoped for.

Last edited:
Too bad about the trailer not working out, rr, and too bad about all the problems with being stuck in your apartment.

It was a busy day around here, what with a doctor appointment for me (bad news for Himself: he's still stuck with a healthy me), other errands...and then I painted our wooden porch rocker while listening to a very exciting baseball game. Oh, and two loads of laundry, too - but truth be told, the machines do most of the work since I no longer have to beat our clothes on a rock in the stream behind our house. :mrgreen:

I'm sitting here in stun mode. A very sweet friend went into the hospital a few days ago for heart surgery. She was in intensive care after the surgery and she died tonight. She was half a year younger than me.

Her poor husband must be devastated. They would have been married for 40 years this August. He was absolutely devoted to her. I really don't know how he is going to cope emotionally. I'm just glad that they have three, sensible, young, adult children here in Montreal. My heart is breaking for that family.

I'm sitting here in stun mode. A very sweet friend went into the hospital a few days ago for heart surgery. She was in intensive care after the surgery and she died tonight. She was half a year younger than me.

Her poor husband must be devastated. They would have been married for 40 years this August. He was absolutely devoted to her. I really don't know how he is going to cope emotionally. I'm just glad that they have three, sensible, young, adult children here in Montreal. My heart is breaking for that family.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend :(

If it is true that "it comes in three's" I hope #3 does not show up. I got news today that a very dear friend lost her father recently. He was in the late 90's. When I went to visit her, he let me sit in his wife's chair. Nobody was allowed to sit in that chair after she died. He started his own very successful business regarding insurance rates for companies. And still was working up to his death. In fact he had just finished writing a complicated scientific paper that was published in insurance magazines. I called her today and the both of us were crying as we tried to talk. A very difficult call to make. I am proud to say he was one man I truly admired.

May your friend and mine both rest in peace. So sorry to hear about "your" loss. I know what you mean when we use the word "stunned."

I'm sitting here in stun mode. A very sweet friend went into the hospital a few days ago for heart surgery. She was in intensive care after the surgery and she died tonight...My heart is breaking for that family.
So sad! I'm sorry that happened, taxy. Something like that is totally unexpected. Hugs to you, and good thoughts being sent to that dear husband of hers.

Wow, taxlady! Not sure how I can follow your post and, be assured, I'm sorry about your friend. However, perhaps, on a happier note..........

Just finished all the planting for the season. All kinds of tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, and, I'm sure, some veggies I've forgotten.

As for flowers.......fun, fun, fun.

Planted 16 hanging baskets (some for front, some for back), 4 window boxes, two strawberry pots (don't use for strawberries) filled, in the tops with ageratum and the "balconies" stuffed with portulaca. Planted 3 more big pots, along with a toilet "pot" and a few more assorted pots.

Let the games begin!!!!

Katie, I don't know how you do it! :ermm: I'd be tired from reading your post if I wasn't already worn out. Please, tell me your secret.

Cleaned the work side of the kitchen today. I haven't moved the 5x8 area rug to wash the entire floor in I don't know how long. It's not like it gets dirty under the rug, but it's hard to clean the floor where it abuts the rug. Everything is so sparkly! And the area rugs in front of the sink work area and the stove are so fluffy! And every part of me that could ache, does. I'm not cut out for housework. I should have been born into money. :cool:

I see what you did there, dragn. [emoji38] I'm not much of a shopper, unless you're talking food. If I were rich, I'd hire out every job around this place - except for cooking and grocery shopping. ;)

10am this morning just as I'm opening my eyes. The Navy base just a couple blocks from my building has an active shooter drill. They start off with what sounds to me exactly like a tornado siren, something this raised-in-the-Midwest woman does NOT like to hear.

An hour later, I think my heart finally settled down. Habit is so strong, though - I was this close to grabbing a pillow and flying for the interior bathroom.

Katie, I don't know how you do it! :ermm: I'd be tired from reading your post if I wasn't already worn out. Please, tell me your secret.

Cleaned the work side of the kitchen today. I haven't moved the 5x8 area rug to wash the entire floor in I don't know how long. It's not like it gets dirty under the rug, but it's hard to clean the floor where it abuts the rug. Everything is so sparkly! And the area rugs in front of the sink work area and the stove are so fluffy! And every part of me that could ache, does. I'm not cut out for housework. I should have been born into money. :cool:

I have found over the years, when you are doing something your really enjoy doing, you don't get as tired as when you are do the necessary chores. I love to plant and do yard work, but it is second to cooking. I also love a clean kitchen. So I always have tried to keep my kitchen clean, so I can enjoy cooking even more. But once the daytime meals are done with, the dishes get soaked, the counters wiped off and then weather permitting, outside to work on the yard and plants. Otherwise I would pick up my embroidery in the winter months.

If I got upset with something concerning any of the family members, I took it out on the soaking dishes and got them done. It always seemed they were cleaner when I was upset or angry. Hmmm.

As much as I want a clean kitchen, my yard always looked better than the kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom