"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #1551
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Got back from the eye doctor, have cataracts forming, but not a problem, yet. Retinas look good, no diabetic changes. And I was able to get new lenses with Transitions and frames. Now if my pupils would just cooperate...
I am glad everything checked out for you PF!

I tried transitions lenses but part of my problem is my eyes don't change focus properly between light and dark, far and near. Between my peripheral lenses and the transitions I was getting bad dizzy spells so I had to get new lenses without Transitions. Since it was the eye doctor that suggested it to my and I bought the glasses from him, he gave me new lenses and deducted the price of the Transitions. Normally if you have gotten a feature on your lenses and change your mind they will replace them for free but not return the cost of the feature - that's here anyway and not just at the one office.

I need new lenses and frames and now that we finally have extended medical I can get them!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #1552
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am glad everything checked out for you PF!

I tried transitions lenses but part of my problem is my eyes don't change focus properly between light and dark, far and near. Between my peripheral lenses and the transitions I was getting bad dizzy spells so I had to get new lenses without Transitions. Since it was the eye doctor that suggested it to my and I bought the glasses from him, he gave me new lenses and deducted the price of the Transitions. Normally if you have gotten a feature on your lenses and change your mind they will replace them for free but not return the cost of the feature - that's here anyway and not just at the one office.

I need new lenses and frames and now that we finally have extended medical I can get them!
I always had photo-gray when I was a kid and got out of having it when I had to start buying my own glasses. I got some single vision sunglasses a couple of years ago and they were a PITA. So this time I had it added in and told them to put it on Shrek's credit card They were still cheaper than a lot of the glasses I've purchased over the years.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #1553
Chef Extraordinaire

J have had transition lenses for eons. I am on my fifth or sixth pair now. I will be getting new lenses in March and they too will be transitions. I love them and never notice when they change.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #1554
Master Chef

Trying to get over a cold. My nose was so stuffy about 1:00am that I got out of bed and heated up a pan of water so I could breathe in the steam vapors. It did help, thank goodness. Feeling a little better today.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #1555
Everymom

I'm not sure what I'm doing today. The weather looks palatable, I'm feeling well and healthy, my girls are both home today...gotta do SOMETHING.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #1556
Executive Chef

Sitting here in painful discomfort. I picked up a set of Kettle Bells a few days ago with a gift certificate my mother gave me for xmas. I have done a couple of days of workouts with then and I seem to be seized up. They really make you use muscles you never knew you had.

Somebody said to me once "The reason I exercise is because it feels good when I stop"
Old 01-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #1557
Executive Chef

Cleaning the house. I have a bad habit of putting things down where ever I finish using them. 96% humidity out there today and also in the house due to the windows being open with fans in them.

I worked up a good sweat vacuuming. Whew! Am I glad that's over!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #1558
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Sitting here wondering if I'm getting a cold now. have had laryngitis for most of the day.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #1559
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Sitting here wondering if I'm getting a cold now. have had laryngitis for most of the day.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

I am trying to decide what to make for supper....
Maybe this new mexican place that just opened up.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #1560
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
God bedring (Danish for good bettering)