What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, am back home finally from driving allover the countryside for doctor and dentist.

Doctor has put me on a third antibiotic and has ordered a boatload of lab tests. She thinks there is something underlying causing all these infections, stones, etc.

Dentist was for cleaning and a root canal. It went well - using my techniques from the pain program sure helped sitting in that chair for 3 hours! They said I fell asleep for a few minutes and even snored! Good thing they had a bite block in my mouth :LOL:

I am not doing too bad tonight other than being tired. And (drumroll please) I am actually hungry! :)
Hopefully they will get to the bottom of things with all those tests. Take care!:)

Hoping to be able to log on here but probably not so much for a week or so. Got a 6 day stretch without a day off & some 12 and 16 hour shifts thrown in. Happy cooking all. I will miss your delicious posts, but gotta work to eat.

I have been on Gabapentin for a number of years now. It is a drug that is used for pain and seizures. I was put on it for my leg before I had the graft surgery and the wound was wide open. If the word "seizure" wasn't there, I would have no problem taking this drug. It is a life saver when my leg wants to act up. It is worse than restless leg syndrome. My leg starts to jerk all over the place and not good thing when you are walking. So, brilliant me, I decide to wean myself off and see if I can't control my leg with just my mind and will power. Can you say Stupid Idiot? :ohmy::huh:

So I was about 48 hours without taking the drug. I think I left my mind with the untaken pills. From here on in, I don't care what label is attached to this drug. I will not be missing any more doses. I woke up in such pain and my leg going :wacko: on me. I could not get it under control with my mind or will power. So much for that bright idea. If I come up with any more, I will pass them on, and one of you can try it out for me. :rolleyes:

So glad to see you wanting to eat honey. Please take care and know I love you. I've been thinking of you and worried about your health. Are things easing a bit with the pain management ?
hugs,
ma
Yes, Ma, I know you love me and it means the world! I am getting a lot from the pain management classes. We only have three left and tomorrow afternoon is my discharge plan meeting. I am working on it tonight - all the steps I am going to take and what safeguards are in place if I have a flare up or can't handle the plan for other reasons. I am actually having fun with it - it is exciting to know that with just a few decisions and commitments I can live a fairly normal life despite my pain. :)

I am heading to the farmers market in search of Memorial Day pots for the various cemeteries.

This year the timing is perfect, I can get in early to spend a few minutes with my dead relatives and miss the living ones!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I am getting ready to head to my pain program. Today is my discharge interview (then just 2 more sessions next week) and I think I have gotten everything ready for that. I am starting to feel like it is making a difference in my life. I will never be without the pain and some forms of it will only get worse, but I know I can handle it now and still have a great quality of life. :)

Yes, Ma, I know you love me and it means the world! I am getting a lot from the pain management classes. We only have three left and tomorrow afternoon is my discharge plan meeting. I am working on it tonight - all the steps I am going to take and what safeguards are in place if I have a flare up or can't handle the plan for other reasons. I am actually having fun with it - it is exciting to know that with just a few decisions and commitments I can live a fairly normal life despite my pain. :)
I'm so glad this is working for you LP. This is what you've needed for a long time. Thanks to be it has come to you. Enjoy it, hold it close and it will be for your good. Yippeee.
Go for it girl.:)
ma

I should've posted this waaaaay earlier, but I've had a busy day.

I spent most of the morning potting some "starts" my best friend gave me yesterday and adding an eggplant plant and a straight-neck squash to my upside down planters.

I discovered as I was inspecting the upside down planters that some critter completely removed my orange bell pepper plant. There's not a whisper of it anywhere, just the little stick with it's identifying name on it. Grrrrr! Birds? Squirrels? I have no clue. Gotta replace the pepper plant.

My friend, Suzanne, and I have been best friends for 58 years and yesterday was her first day of retirement. I spent most of the day with her and treated her to a super lunch at one of my favorite places and it was one she'd never been to, so.....

We had a blast all day and I came home with three jade plants, one huge aloe plant, two variegated spider plants, and a huge handful of hummingbird vine.

Everything's been planted and they all look quite happy and perky.

Love my plants.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Just turned 26. I hate it when I don't get carded anymore, but just the other day I had I customer think that the reason another server brought his beer out was because I'm too young to serve liquor lol. That made my day. Or week. Maybe even my month lol

Happy Birthday, Skittle!

images

Last edited:
It is such a beautiful morning here. I am hoping that later I can get out in the yard this morning and do some much needed clean-up.

But right now I am going to make some gluten free muffins for breakfast! We have some fresh blueberries that will go perfect in them! :chef:

Having my coffee and being lazy. I took most of yesterday and today off from work. It's a beautiful day and I have lots to do outdoors, several planters to get put together and some tomato plants to get in the garden.

Happy birthday Skittle!

:LOL: Enjoy it now!

Filling the huge ruts in our road from the last big rainstorm. Had to get bigger rock and more Dricrete.

Down in Texas, they use ground up oyster shells for filler. Sometimes whole driveways are paved with them. I have to admit that seeing a driveway filled with white shells does look pretty. :)

Just got home from work...haven't told Shrek yet that I have to work tomorrow. He'll either be upset or glad to get rid of me for the day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom