What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheryl, I sure hope your frayed nerves have a chance for complete recovery while you're relaxing in the Cabin. And a very happy birthday to Tyler, too.

Short answer: Family

Long answer (you didn't expect me to stop at the short one, did you? :LOL:): I never wanted to leave OH. Moving to MA was a corporate move. Himself's job got relocated, so we figured MA was better than unemployment. :ermm: Jury's still out on that one. :LOL: Anyway, the first couple of years were fun. We acted like tourists, seeing what we wanted to see, vacationing to places further away (Stowe, VT, Acadia National Park, Conway, NH, The Cape), and learning new things. That was fine...for the first couple of years. Fast forward to 2006, and Himself's sis and BIL move up here. Fun FUN for a couple more years, but then *blah*. The older I get, the less I want to be away from my kids. And their friends. And MY friends - because I never really made the same kind of close friendships like I had back home. Some of it is culture, some is resistance on my part. But my plan was always to get back. Get back. Get back to where I once belonged. :mrgreen: I've finally resigned myself to the fact that my highly intellectual husband isn't much for manual labor. Before we married, my Mom warned me of the same. She said "he'll be a good husband and take care of you, and support you and the family you might have comfortably, but he's not much of a worker. A hard day of labor and a cold glass of water will kill him." :LOL: Bob Vila he's not.

Besides, drivers are nicer in greater Cleveland. Houses and insurance and, depending where you live, taxes are cheaper in greater Cleveland. And there's no such place as the West Side Market around here. I wanna go home. And that ain't Pittsburgh to me. :cool:

Bob Vila? He never did any work. He just talked about people doing work. :ermm::LOL:

The current TOH host, Kevin O'Conner, actually does work.

CD

I recently opened a South Indian restaurant in Edinburgh, United Kingdom. Feel the culture and taste of Indian food. My restaurant name is Nilgiri Spices hope everything is going good.

Perhaps this should be in the TV thread but, to me it isn't a TV show..

Just caught the end of an infomercial..

Emeril Lagasse selling an (its his apparently) Air Fryer.. :ohmy:

An infomercial... Never thought I'd see the day.. :ermm:

Ross

I suppose it's OK, Ross, as long as that air fryer doesn't go *BAM!* when it's cooking. :shock:

I'm listening to the craziest baseball game I've heard in a...well, probably forever. Three calls overturned in the first three innings. Batter hit-by-pitch pushing in a run, all sorts of really crazy stuff I can't even recall! All I know is, unless the Indians completely choke away the top half of the ninth inning, there will be a lot of happy Tribe fans watching the post-game fireworks show tonight. They pretty much got a double-header of fireworks!

Kgirl - I don't have a lot of experience with fires but my first thought would be to choose several routes in all directions. I hear they have a habit of circling around.

My next thought would be what essentials to throw in the car. and maybe my last thought would be - do I have gas in the car?

Be safe!

and why is it called a Cellar Fire

oops OK just went to Arizona website and guess that is what the area is called. It shows the burn area - is that headed towards you? or sideways?

Last edited:
I have way too much experience with fire here Kgirl. Nothing scares me more than a wild fire. Keep a good eye on it and hope for the best. I really dread the fire season approaching here in the west.

I am in NJ for the weekend, helping my uncle and aunt celebrate there 50th anniversary. My dad as 14 years older than his brother, so they are a bit behind my parents. Their oldest kid is ten years younger than me, and I haven't seen him in at least 15 years. I spent the day at his house with his family and his three sisters and their families. Wow! What a great day. Mike is a diehard Steelers fan, like me. We are going to check off a mutual bucket list item and go to a Steelers home game as soon as we can get tickets (not easy).

It was also great to see my other cousins, although I see them every few years when I go to Denver, or when they come to Dallas. Mike's wife has never been to Texas, so we are working on that, too.

Basically, an awesome weekend and today was incredible.

CD

What a great weekend for you Casey! There's nothing like touching down with extended family celebrating a happy occasion and finding some common ground to continue some future good times together. I'm really happy for you.

I "+1" Kayelle's post. That sounds like a family get-together with Himself's Allentown folk. I have no idea where most of my cousins are, but they've never been a welcoming bunch. I feel more like family when I'm with his side. Funny how life works out sometimes.

Today will be fun. I'm going to put a plastic cover on my mattress. I have one on the box spring but tore the mattress one putting it on. I got another one and I have a different plan of attack this time.

Then it's on to getting the garbage out, last night's groceries put away, laundry, and then making supper. So a busy day.

I put up another batch of dill pickles today - I think this is the third one this summer, making up for only one (or none?) last year. In less than a week I'll have to pull them from the basement and put into jars to age in the fridge. By then the jar that is currently curing should be just right. :yum:

I also cleaned the feeders for the hummingbirds and Baltimore orioles/catbirds. Just that short trip out-and-back to the shepherd's hook made me decide to not go out anymore today. Ugh weather.

I just finished grilling flatbread for dinner. Not sure exactly how I'll serve it but I'm leaning Middle Eastern tonight. 0728191816.jpg

We just got done sitting up some raised beds, or raised tubs to be more accurate.

These hot tubs have been sitting around for years, so we finally decided to make use of them.

Should do great for leafy greens and root vegetables this fall. Integrated drip irrigation is next, plus a lot more regular raised beds.20190728_144416.jpg

Last edited:
What did you end up pairing with that nice flatbread, GG?

With mere days worth of beans left in the hopper, I finally got around to ordering my next (probably) three months worth of Dean's Beans. I can go to sleep now knowing that I'll have plenty of wake-up juice in the days ahead. It's so nice to be able to enjoy a tasty cup of coffee from a responsible, farmer-friendly coffee source. Love this guy! Some businesses talk about being socially responsible, but Dean Cycon does one better - he goes to the small farms and works with villagers to improve their villages (building safe water sources, schools, and medical clinics) and living conditions.

I'm waiting for the groceries that I ordered online.

They arrived before I finished writing this reply and are put away. I got a call back from the ophthalmology clinic. I convinced the receptionist to fax the new 'script to my pharmacy.

Back
Top Bottom