"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #15641
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Okay, I have a date for surgery! The nurse said she's get me in after the new year...January 2nd, I check in at 1030 for surgery at 1230. It's not getting here fast enough...
And that is the date I have with the surgeon for my gall bladder. I will be thinking happy thoughts for you.

Don't think about it. Just enjoy Christmas and before you know it, the day will arrive.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #15642
Head Chef

I'm trying to finish up my synopsis for my first novel so that I can submit it to James W. Hall for the workshop he's teaching in January while I'm in Key West. Final editing on the first ten pages of the book and I should be good to go. Crossing my fingers that he likes it but butchers it so that we can make it even better.

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #15643
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
And that is the date I have with the surgeon for my gall bladder. I will be thinking happy thoughts for you.

Don't think about it. Just enjoy Christmas and before you know it, the day will arrive.
I'll be thinking of you right up until they put me under! Good thoughts and prayers for your surgery!
Old 12-17-2013, 12:53 AM   #15644
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I'll be thinking of you right up until they put me under! Good thoughts and prayers for your surgery!
PF, I always go into surgery with an upbeat attitude. "Okay, lets get started and get this over with." And when I came to after my heart surgery, my son Poo was standing there. I gave him and the surgeon two thumbs up. Still had the intubation tube in. I even tried to give a smile. The surgeon started to laugh and said, "She is going to be all right." He took the tube out right then and there. The next day I was sitting up in a chair doing my needlework. I was out of the hospital in less than ten days and four weeks later back at work. I refuse to be sick. I don't have time.

Hey, how many folks do you know that come our from the anesthesia and start singing Christmas Carols and have everyone in the OR join in while I sang the harmony? It is all in your attitude going into it.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:53 AM   #15645
Master Chef

Quote:
Okay, I have a date for surgery! The nurse said she's get me in after the new year...January 2nd, I check in at 1030 for surgery at 1230. It's not getting here fast enough...
And a very Happy New Year to you PF! Great way to start it off, getting rid of the detritus from the previous year. Be safe, be well. You (and Shrek, your family, and the entire surgical and hospital team) are in my prayers.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:57 AM   #15646
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post

Oh Addie! I'm thinking of you and we will be praying for you. Mamma saw all of this and we are with you and our Ogress in our thoughts and prayers.

Please, Addie, tell us how you are doing. I'm so worried for you, my dear friend and my precious Ogress.

With very much love,
~Your Cat
Old 12-17-2013, 02:50 AM   #15647
Certified Cake Maniac

I just found out that my sister's radiation treatments have failed to stop the more aggressive form of her cancer and she is looking at more surgery in the new year. This time they will have to remove organs - a colostomy for sure. She has been battling this for a year now and after her initial surgery to remove the tumour in her tailbone, she had 7 more to drain the wound as it wouldn't heal. They fear that this might happen again.

I have gotten to see a whole different side of her during all of this. We were never really close because of an age difference (we both say we grew up as only children ) however, our Dad's illness and passing and now her illness and mine have really brought both of us closer together.

With the news of Ma's passing as well as that of another friend's husband and now this, I am feeling very sad. But I have my kitty and faithful mutt here keeping me company!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:57 AM   #15648
Master Chef

Not to mention TB, right? Not much I can say but I'll keep your sister in my thoughts and prayers - and an extra one for strength for you.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:20 AM   #15649
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Not to mention TB, right? Not much I can say but I'll keep your sister in my thoughts and prayers - and an extra one for strength for you.
I actually didn't mention TB because he was in his office working on his new hobby (Christmas music and light shows) . But he did give me a huge hug and dried my tears when we got the call. He cares about my sister too so I know he is hurting and the best way for him to deal is to keep himself busy.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. That's all I ask of anyone. It is just nice that I can come here and vent it out. I am really kicking myself that I stayed away so long. But I really wasn't ready physically or emotionally.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:53 AM   #15650
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Oh Addie! I'm thinking of you and we will be praying for you. Mamma saw all of this and we are with you and our Ogress in our thoughts and prayers.

Please, Addie, tell us how you are doing. I'm so worried for you, my dear friend and my precious Ogress.

With very much love,
~Your Cat
I am doing fine. This coming surgery is a preventive measure. I have had two gall bladder attacks. They are very painful and I don't want another one. No need to worry. If and when I should become disabled in any manner, my kids have been instructed to notify the forum immediately.