"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-17-2013, 04:05 AM   #15651
Chef Extraordinaire

Right now I am having a massive sinus attack. This is something new for me. I have never had a sinus problem in my whole life. I can't help wondering if it may have something to do with my earache.

I have had a chronic earache since birth. I was born with my adenoids down where my nostrils are. As you all know, babies breath through their nose. So when I was three hours old I had my first surgery to remove them. Then at three months I had to have my mastoids removed as I got an infection from the first surgery. Since then I have always had an earache. I am so used to the earache, that about every ten years I will develop an abscess in both ears at the same time and have to have them drained. That is when I really miss my low key earache. I lose my balance big time. I can't walk straight and can hardly wait until my ear fills up again.

So for the past couple of weeks every since the real cold weather has set in, my earache has increased. It just may be the reason for the sinus pain. Oh Joy. Just what I need. Another health problem. Well, I took a Vicodin. Hope it works.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:44 AM   #15652
Chef Extraordinaire

I took a little walk out to the end of my driveway. It's blowin', but it didn't do much snowin' (finally). And that means no snow blowing this morning!
Later on this morning I'll be getting the trailer hitch put on my Jeep then going to my BIL's and taking a look at the smoker I got him last Christmas. He can't get any smoke from it, it just cooks.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #15653
Master Chef

Making a pot of soup out of some musgoes, cheating the garbage pail out of another meal!
Old 12-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #15654
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Trying to get my feet warm...
Old 12-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #15655
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I do eat healthy. But I have also been smoking since I was ten years old. Why quit now? So I can live longer? How long do you want me to live? 'Til I am on life support? My job is done. My kids are grown and successful. I don't want to spend my last days cleaning. I enjoy smoking.

Oh, I was not criticizing or requesting that you quit. Smoking is not illegal and you have every right to do it. It just surprised me. You enjoy smoking.... some of us enjoy eating.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #15656
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Oh, I was not criticizing or requesting that you quit. Smoking is not illegal and you have every right to do it. It just surprised me. You enjoy smoking.... some of us enjoy eating.
Oh I didn't take it as criticism. It doesn't bother me what folks think about my smoking. I do make an effort to not smoke in anyone's home that doesn't like it. Nor do I blow smoke in someone's face. I do try to be a considerate smoker. One of the nice things about my doctor is that he never mentions it except to ask how many I smoke a day so he can put it in the record. I once mentioned to him that I think my body would have a seizure if I quit smoking. He laughed and said I was probably right.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #15657
Chef Extraordinaire

I was sitting here and Spike showed up with Teddy. All of a sudden I became really cold. I had been sitting here all night in my nightgown and was feeling very comfortable. I checked the temp outside. It had dropped down to 10F. And the wind was picking up. I had to push the thermostat up a notch. I even put my sweater on. I hate wearing a sweater in the house. And the temp is still falling.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #15658
Executive Chef

My sister-in-law was trying to get her 82 year old mother to quit smoking. She would smoke in the bathroom in her own home when her kids were visiting so they wouldn't see her smoke. Her doctor told the kids to let her smoke. If she made it to 82 as a smoker it wasn't going to kill her now! She eventually passed away, but don't we all?
Old 12-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #15659
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
My sister-in-law was trying to get her 82 year old mother to quit smoking. She would smoke in the bathroom in her own home when her kids were visiting so they wouldn't see her smoke. Her doctor told the kids to let her smoke. If she made it to 82 as a smoker it wasn't going to kill her now! She eventually passed away, but don't we all?
Three of my kids are smokers. We all want a pack of cigarettes to go with us at the end. We figure where we are going there will be plenty of fire to light them up with.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #15660
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Three of my kids are smokers. We all want a pack of cigarettes to go with us at the end. We figure where we are going there will be plenty of fire to light them up with.
Well, now I will know where to get some if I get the hankering to start back up...