"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #15661
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Aw Laurie (((gentle hugs))). I'm sending healing vibes in your direction and towards your sister. Is that the same direction?

I just got back from taking Shreddy to the vet. It is frelling cold out there, -18C.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #15662
Senior Cook

I'm snooping on Cat's desktop computer (I do have her permission) as she and PapaCat are outside riding their bikes with Azia. The day after their spat, he bought a cheap bike so they could spend more time together.

Their relationship is much closer now. This morning he told Cat that she would always be his little girl, no matter how old she got. A month ago, Cat would have had a fit if he had said that. But now, she just hugged him and said, "Aren't you lucky, Papa? You have a little girl and a big girl now. That's two for the price of one!"

Cat showed me how to upload an avatar, and she found this kettle for me. I was looking at some of her documents and came across a folder titled: "Don't Look Mamma!" They came in for water and I asked her what that folder was and she said, "Don't look in that one, please. You'll find out what that is on Christmas." It's her Christmas list, I'll bet.

I dread the day we'll leave her. Lakisha has offered to accompany us to the airport and lend her support to Cat. That does make me feel a little bit better, but not very much.

Christmas is coming very quickly! Carl is taking us Christmas shopping tomorrow. He's a very good driver, and we're comfortable with him. He's a very nice young man. I can see he cares deeply for Cat, which doesn't surprise me at all. He's also sensitive as she is. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Well, I'm off to water the plants and see what Aunty Stela is up to.

MammaCat

Old 12-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #15663
Chef Extraordinaire

Leave it to Cat to find just the right words to say to her Papa. Love the tea kettle.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #15664
Certified Pretend Chef

I'm monitoring my grandson's homework completion. He has assignments on three different websites every day, one for math, one for reading and another for spelling. Then he has to read aloud for twenty minutes. Plus the teacher assigns other homework several times a week.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #15665
Chef Extraordinaire

I just made a reservation to board Shreddy while we spend Xmas in Cornwall, ON with my mummy-in-law. It's a lady who lives not far from me. I got her name at the vet. She works there one day a week, so she knows when she needs to bring a cat to the vet.

I also found the space heater and plugged it in. I put a heating pad on the sofa for Shreddy. It's cold out and not all that warm in the house.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #15666
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Leave it to Cat to find just the right words to say to her Papa. Love the tea kettle.
Thank you, Addie. Mamma's right, and I'm learning so much about Papa that I never knew. When I was home, he was away very much on business. This is the first time I've had him all to myself, and he's very fascinating!

He still pats me on my head when he walks past me in the house. He has done that for as long as I could remember. Sometimes I walk past him on purpose for that little pat. I'll do that to my children someday.

I'm trying to figure out dinner right now. I have some very nice chicken leg quarters I bought yesterday. Carl is staying here until the 21st, when he goes home to his Mamma for Christmas. Today he was gone in Joy to see Lakisha and do his Christmas shopping and he had a doctor's appointment for his asthma. He called and will be here in a few minutes. He didn't wreck Joy and he put her through the car wash for me. He is so very kind!

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #15667
Chef Extraordinaire

We needed milk and coffee cream. It's so cold that neither of us was willing to walk one block to the convenience store. We finally decided to drive. It was 0.3 km there. And since we live on a one way street, the trip home was longer. Total distance: 1.3 km.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #15668
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Just got done ordering my Christmas/Anniversary present from Shrek...he has good taste!
Old 12-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #15669
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Just got done ordering my Christmas/Anniversary present from Shrek...he has good taste!
What is it, my redheaded Ogress? I know it's something very, very nice.

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #15670
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

It's a 35" x 50" tapestry of the painting The Accolade , by Edmund Blair Leighton (the picture on the top right of the webpage).