"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #15671
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
It's a 35" x 50" tapestry of the painting The Accolade , by Edmund Blair Leighton (the picture on the top right of the webpage).
That is gorgeous! Yes, Shrek has good taste.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #15672
Proud American

OH! That is beautiful! Thank you. Shrek did very well!

With love,
~Cat

Old 12-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #15673
Senior Cook

I'm with the Cat and the Dawg. It's very lovely, Fiona. Shrek, indeed, made a very nice choice!

MammaCat
Old 12-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #15674
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

My other choice was a $600 espresso machine Shrek gave me a stack of catalogs and said, "Whatever you want, Babe!"
Old 12-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #15675
Senior Cook

Quote:
It's a 35" x 50" tapestry of the painting The Accolade , by Edmund Blair Leighton (the picture on the top right of the webpage).

Oh it's lovely!
Old 12-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #15676
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I'm monitoring my grandson's homework completion. He has assignments on three different websites every day, one for math, one for reading and another for spelling. Then he has to read aloud for twenty minutes. Plus the teacher assigns other homework several times a week.
The amount of homework a child gets today really concerns me. Do adults bring home as much work as a child is given on a daily basis for homework? Secretaries don't bring their work home, nor do nurses bring home the patient's charts to finish up. Construction workers certainly don't bring their work home. Yet we expect children who have just entered the educational system to not only put in a full day at school, but two or more hours at home. When do they get a chance to continue being just a child.

I commend you Andy for being there for your grandson. A lot of children are left on their own to see that their assignments are completed. What would happen if a computer were not available to him. There are some homes that heat for the winter is more important than a computer. Unfortunately.

Rant over! Glad to see that someone is there for the little one. He has a great Grandpa!
Old 12-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #15677
Certified Cake Maniac

That is gorgeous, your Ogreness. TB ordered my gifts and they come on Friday but I am not supposed to look.

I am more than a little upset with my doctor. I phoned at 10 am this morning and said that I needed more of my version of Tylenol 3 (Emtech has no caffeine which gives me migraines). I have been feeling like I have yet another kidney stone and I said while I didn't think I needed to come in to see her, could the doctor send in a new prescription as the pharmacy doesn't seem to have one on record (I only take it when I really need it which is only when the pain is beyond my management techniques). They never did it so the pharmacy found one that was 4 years old and faxed it to the doctor well before office closing time. I never did get it and am working with my Tylenol arthritis. I can manage the pain, but would really prefer some relief. There is no point in going to the hospital because it feels like a small one and they usually pass on their own.

So, I am sitting in my chair with my kitty on my lap and my mutt at my feet with the heating pad TB got for me. If this doesn't help me through, nothing will!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #15678
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
That is gorgeous, your Ogreness. TB ordered my gifts and they come on Friday but I am not supposed to look.

I am more than a little upset with my doctor. I phoned at 10 am this morning and said that I needed more of my version of Tylenol 3 (Emtech has no caffeine which gives me migraines). I have been feeling like I have yet another kidney stone and I said while I didn't think I needed to come in to see her, could the doctor send in a new prescription as the pharmacy doesn't seem to have one on record (I only take it when I really need it which is only when the pain is beyond my management techniques). They never did it so the pharmacy found one that was 4 years old and faxed it to the doctor well before office closing time. I never did get it and am working with my Tylenol arthritis. I can manage the pain, but would really prefer some relief. There is no point in going to the hospital because it feels like a small one and they usually pass on their own.

So, I am sitting in my chair with my kitty on my lap and my mutt at my feet with the heating pad TB got for me. If this doesn't help me through, nothing will!
Oh no. I'm sorry you are hurting. Cats and mutts are very nice when you hurt. What is TB?

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #15679
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

TB is LP's Ogre...
Old 12-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #15680
Proud American

Quote:
TB is LP's Ogre...
Oh! Thank you. One of my classmates has a stepmother she doesn't like and calls her TB. It means, "The Beast."

I was a bit worried.

With love,
~Cat