What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
You know how nuts he would make me because he is bored? I could set him up in the dining room with his guitars and amps. He could play mood music all day!

Ya know, that might work. Especially if Shrek and Patron get matching outfits. Patron could be the monkey.

I just got home from my first time back at the pool since before my kidney stone (almost 2 weeks). I walked 500 meters in 1/2 hour. The best I have ever done and I feel great! :)

Just finished putting together all the ingredients for potato salad for tonight's meal and I'm about to head to my studio to "play."

I promised Glenn's mother I'd design and make the window treatments for her new digs and, after a couple of days of thought, I've settled on what to do for her bedroom and the guest room.

I have all the measurements and some fabric I can use. All I need is the incentive and desire. I'm pretty excited about what I've come up with for her bedroom and I think I'll begin with that. Neither of the two bedroom treatments shouldn't take me too long to complete. If I was the least bit energetic today I could get either one done today.

But....it's a holiday and I'm going to take my time.

Or in the very wise words of my maternal grandfather, "Take it easy. Make it nice."

I just got home from my first time back at the pool since before my kidney stone (almost 2 weeks). I walked 500 meters in 1/2 hour. The best I have ever done and I feel great! :)
Way to go sweetie. I'm so happy for you.
ma

It's 95F out there today, and right now I'm luxuriating in the air conditioned, cool air here in the house, result of the new a/c unit that was installed about 10 days ago. Dear, dear son and I are just back from Home Depot where we got me a pressurized tank to replace the old sick one -- for the well-water system. Gotta water the tree we replanted yesterday 'cause some no-brain hit it with his truck Saturday night. Brother, can you spare a dime .... And I'm hoping my dear, dear son doesn't suddenly decide to move to Alaska (or somewhere else just as far away from my house as he can get). :wacko:

Just got home. We spent memorial weekend at my mom's in SW Minnesota. It was nice to spend some time with my mom. 2 of my sisters & 1 of my brothers were there. We all went & put flowers at the cemetary on the family graves. It meant so much to mom to go back to the homeplace where she was raised in the 40's. A great weekend overall. Feels good to sit back & relax with my feet up. Early day at work tomorrow.

Mom did a short vid for us of the Cemetery in Torrington with Grandpa and Grandma. I used to drive Grandma every year, the last time was the year she died. Now Mom and Dad live only 15 minutes away. Shrek's brother sent us pics of their parents graves.

Went out for pizza today and then spent some time at a local rose garden downtown.

Original plan was to see a movie, but when we saw the line at the theater, we decided to just wing it and go downtown, turned out to be a great alternative.

Went out for pizza today and then spent some time at a local rose garden downtown.

Original plan was to see a movie, but when we saw the line at the theater, we decided to just wing it and go downtown, turned out to be a great alternative.

There's a nice thought -- literally stopping to smell the roses. I've always liked the deep red Mr. Lincoln rose that has the most heavenly fragrance.

It's 95F out there today, and right now I'm luxuriating in the air conditioned, cool air here in the house, result of the new a/c unit that was installed about 10 days ago. Dear, dear son and I are just back from Home Depot where we got me a pressurized tank to replace the old sick one -- for the well-water system. Gotta water the tree we replanted yesterday 'cause some no-brain hit it with his truck Saturday night. Brother, can you spare a dime .... And I'm hoping my dear, dear son doesn't suddenly decide to move to Alaska (or somewhere else just as far away from my house as he can get). :wacko:

Hang on to that cell phone! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Taking a 15 minute break on DC before I go to my aqua chi class. Missed it last week, I am looking forward to it, my knees are killing me.

simonbaker said:
Taking a 15 minute break on DC before I go to my aqua chi class. Missed it last week, I am looking forward to it, my knees are killing me.

Aqua chi. Sounds interesting. We were just talking about tai chi today in pain program. I think the comination of water and tai chi would be good for me. I will have to see if it is offered anywhere around here.

I went to see my vascular doctor this morning. Came home exhausted. More tests ordered. I scheduled them for the end of June. the eye surgery is next. thursday I go for the eye scan so they can map the eye. Whatever that is. Then I guess they will schedule the surgery in the next couple of weeks.

took a nap and slept for four hours. :ermm: Think I was tired?

Back
Top Bottom