What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got done chopping up some onions for in the freezer. Its nice to have them already for when I make soup. I was at Sams the other day and they were giving samples of toasted cheese sandwiches, instead of regular butter they used a garlic butter spread. It was very good. I never thought of doing that.

Well, vacation is over, time to leave dear SIL and her hubby. *sniff* 1300+ miles from now we'll be sleeping in our own beds... for about three weeks. Then we'll be heading to the kids' places to spend the holidays with them. [emoji813]

We're spending our 45th anniversary driving from Hillsville VA towards home. With about 720 ahead of us, I think we'll end up in a hotel tonight... just like 45 years ago. [emoji38]

Happy Anniversary CG and hubby.

45th-Wedding-Anniversary-Greetings-Card-Sapphire-Anniversary-0.jpg

Happy anniversary, CG!

Just dropping in to let people know what's going on.

I have a small trailer (19 ft) and the guy sold it with two filled propane tank and a new 12 volt battery. So I have lights that I can use, but the only one I use regularly is the one over the stove.

One of the propane tanks is hooked up to the stove and oven, and the other is a spare. I bought one of my own, so now if mine runs out, I can just switch to the spare while I fill the empty one.

I use the propane about 3 to 4 hours a day, but we're due to have some really cold weather in a couple days. High of 37 and a low of 25 and if it rains, we'll have snow. Somehow I'm not quite as excited about snow as I used to be. Anyway, I may be using a bit more propane than I have last month. On the bright side, I leave my cooler outside and I won't need ice this week.

I keep really warm at night. I have a light blanket under a sleeping bag, and then a couple blankets over that. Sometimes I don't want to get out of bed in the morning. My nose runs constantly and I keep a little garbage pail next to the bed so I can just throw my kleenexes into it and not have to get up. One morning I had the heat on and threw the kleenex into the Mr. Buddy heater. That was exciting.

The water is cold but there's plenty of it. The only problem is and I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but the pressure is too high. I put a hose on the faucet and when I turn on the water, it sprays out from every connection and I get soaked. Gotta do something about that.

Today I'm on the library computer, then I have to finally drop off that modem. Then I'm going to the store and finally back home. The worst thing about living up there is how bored I am. I do about 10 crossword puzzles a day and I read at least a book a day. I'm running out of books.

That's about it. Nothing new is happening and there's not much to report. All I do is eat, sleep, read, and do crosswords. I'm saying this for the first time in my life: I can't wait till summer!

Glad to see you are safe and relatively comfortable, rodentraiser..

I don't know if a Kindle would be practicable in your situation but, using your library, you would have a constant supply of free books to read without having to leave your trailer.. I use mine constantly..

Keep us informed..

Ross

Happy Anniversary to you and Himself, CG!

Good to hear from you again, RR. I always enjoy reading about your adventures. Best wishes to you.

Glad to see you are safe and relatively comfortable, rodentraiser..

I don't know if a Kindle would be *practicable in your situation but, using your library, you would have a constant supply of free books to read without having to leave your trailer.. I use mine constantly..

Keep us informed..

Ross

*practical... :rolleyes:

I thought "practicable" was a perfect word in the perfect place! :)

hey RR - I think a Kindle would be a good idea!

Congrats CG!

I just looked out the window while typing this and.... see the weather...

Took advantage of Black Friday sales to purchase 2 laptops for Jeannie and myself..

Our present ones are fine but tired and good old Microsoft won't be supporting Windows 7 after January so we replaced them..

Interesting, to me, is that the cost of two really good laptops is less than that of my first PC, by itself.. :ermm:

Ross

Took advantage of Black Friday sales to purchase 2 laptops for Jeannie and myself..

Our present ones are fine but tired and good old Microsoft won't be supporting Windows 7 after January so we replaced them..

Interesting, to me, is that the cost of two really good laptops is less than that of my first PC, by itself.. :ermm:

Ross

My very first personal computer, bought in the early 1980s, cost about five or six thousand dollars. It was over seven thousand with a "near letter quality", dot matrix printer. I have watched them get cheaper and more powerful ever since. Now, I can buy a good laptop computer for less than what a decent smart phone costs. :ermm: :LOL:

We're spending our 45th anniversary driving from Hillsville VA towards home. With about 720 ahead of us, I think we'll end up in a hotel tonight... just like 45 years ago. [emoji38]
Happy Anniversary! Have you ever been to the huge flea market in Hillsville? I’ve been a couple of times :)

Hi, Merlot! No, I have never heard of it. If it doesn't happen during November, I won't see it either. We drive through VA on our way to and from FL every November, otherwise, it's not on our route.

Hi, Merlot! No, I have never heard of it. If it doesn't happen during November, I won't see it either. We drive through VA on our way to and from FL every November, otherwise, it's not on our route.
Nope you definitely won’t see it in November! It basically shuts their whole town down, it’s a huge event!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom