What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We will be having butternut squash soup with turkey-Havarti-cherry sauce panini tonight. I'm waiting for the oven to heat up so I can bake the focaccia for the panini and I'm also making vegetable broth in the Instant Pot to use in the soup. Perfect for a cool, drizzly day.

Sounds delish, GG. I wish we lived closer so I could invite ourselves over to you place! I'd bring wine...

I'm waiting on Himself to decide it's safe to make a quick run to the local grocery store with Coke on sale. (College football happens around here every Saturday in fall. Go Buckeyes!) He needs to replenish his stock - and I hate HATE dealing with returning bottles to the store. If we don't take them back, the state gets to keep the 5 cents deposit on each and every pop bottle or can. Presented under the theory that bottle deposits reduce litter, I see way more TVs and couches tossed at the side of the road around here than I've seen most every other place we've traveled. *shaking my head*

Sounds delish, GG. I wish we lived closer so I could invite ourselves over to you place! I'd bring wine...
So do I!

He needs to replenish his stock - and I hate HATE dealing with returning bottles to the store. If we don't take them back, the state gets to keep the 5 cents deposit on each and every pop bottle or can. Presented under the theory that bottle deposits reduce litter, I see way more TVs and couches tossed at the side of the road around here than I've seen most every other place we've traveled. *shaking my head*
I have to say, in my experience, it does reduce litter. We grew up in Michigan which has a bottle deposit law. I knew people - including DH - who would scour parks and other places where bottles were left and return them for the deposits. Kept them cleaner, and him in gas money.

My pet peeve about bottle deposits is that they haven't gone up in 30 years. 5 cents for a 2 litre bottle! Not worth the effort. 20 years ago kids would come to the door asking for empty bottles to fund this or that school project. It just isn't worth it for them now. Heck, we can't be bothered to bring them back to the store. You fill up an entire Ike bag and get back less than $2. We just put them in the recycling.

I'm waiting on Himself to decide it's safe to make a quick run to the local grocery store with Coke on sale. (College football happens around here every Saturday in fall. Go Buckeyes!) He needs to replenish his stock - and I hate HATE dealing with returning bottles to the store. If we don't take them back, the state gets to keep the 5 cents deposit on each and every pop bottle or can. Presented under the theory that bottle deposits reduce litter, I see way more TVs and couches tossed at the side of the road around here than I've seen most every other place we've traveled. *shaking my head*
I traveled from my home to the edge of California. We were in Southern Mississippi and the trash on the interstate was horrible!

So glad to hear you're doing OK after all that, Princess! Hugs and well wishes to you for a speedy recovery.

Scary stuff PF. So glad to hear you're OK.

Thanks, Andy!

:shock: Quad bypass surgery? You don't do anything halfway, do you? Just kidding, dear. I hope you have an easy and complete recovery. Make sure you check in and let us know how things are going.

Thanks, CG!

Why go half when I can go whole hog?
:pig::pig:

The weather kept me in the hospital 2 extra days, some good recovery time. Will need to get some things to make it easier and get some rest. No sleep tonight.

This morning I am having left eye cataract surgery.. The right eye was done a few weeks ago and the improvement is beyond what I had hoped for..

Who knew I'd actually be looking forward to surgery? :ermm:;)

Ross

This morning I am having left eye cataract surgery.. The right eye was done a few weeks ago and the improvement is beyond what I had hoped for..

Who knew I'd actually be looking forward to surgery? :ermm:;)

I was definitely looking forward to my hip surgery last summer. It was exhausting just to do daily activities when I was in constant pain. What a relief it was to have it over with.

Gosh PF I hope there is someone there with you? You ARE supposed to take it easy for a while now. Let someone else do it for you.

If you feel a little heat in your butt, it is my dragonettes giving a warning for you to stop what you are doing.

Speedy recovery!!

Holy cow PF !!!!! These hearts of ours sure have been acting up but your trouble is so much more serious. You know how to take care of yourself with your recovery, but I sure hope there is someone in the house with you to help. I guess looking on the bright side of being "fixed" has some comfort but I'm sending all good wishes for a quick and pain free recovery. Hugs..(gently)

Back
Top Bottom