What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This morning I am having left eye cataract surgery.. The right eye was done a few weeks ago and the improvement is beyond what I had hoped for..

Who knew I'd actually be looking forward to surgery?
:ermm:;)

Ross

I remember feeling the same way when my second eye was done Ross!
It darn near brought me to tears with "I Can See Clearly Now".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FscIgtDJFXg

Sounds like things are going well with the surgery, Ross. Good luck on the second surgery.

My BIL will be having cataract surgery in the next week or two. Meanwhile, Himself has his annual eye exam tomorrow, where he'll be making plans for his own surgery sometime next year. Sounds like the artificial lens manufacturers will be in business for a while.

Sounds like things are going well with the surgery, Ross. Good luck on the second surgery.

My BIL will be having cataract surgery in the next week or two. Meanwhile, Himself has his annual eye exam tomorrow, where he'll be making plans for his own surgery sometime next year. Sounds like the artificial lens manufacturers will be in business for a while.

Thank you... It went well.. :)

Ross

Wow, PF - glad everything went well and you're home. Take care. Hugs.

Thank you, GG! Sure is nice to know what has been making me feel lousy and getting it fixed.

Gosh PF I hope there is someone there with you? You ARE supposed to take it easy for a while now. Let someone else do it for you.

If you feel a little heat in your butt, it is my dragonettes giving a warning for you to stop what you are doing.

Speedy recovery!!

Thanks, Dragn! Mom and Dad are looking after me, had a two hour walkathon in Walmart this afternoon. Finished up that trip just in time and let Mom push my cart out to the truck. I feel the dragonettes hanging out and watching me do nothing.

Holy cow PF !!!!! These hearts of ours sure have been acting up but your trouble is so much more serious. You know how to take care of yourself with your recovery, but I sure hope there is someone in the house with you to help. I guess looking on the bright side of being "fixed" has some comfort but I'm sending all good wishes for a quick and pain free recovery. Hugs..(gently)

Thanks, KL! I am hoping for your speedy recovery, too!

LOL! I had Dad put my new pillows in the cases, took him 15 minutes, would have taken me 2 hours. I'm doing well, taking breaks and sitting down when I get tired. Tomorrow, will be going for a walk. I have neighbors who are watching out for me and co-workers who are fixing me meals.The biggest problem right now is food prep. M&D will be bringing me lunch and friends bringing me dinner, breakfast on my own.

Mom says it best, I was two weeks old when I started telling everyone I could do it myself. Getting dressed this morning was an exercise in frustration, but I got it done with the help from 3 cats and a dog.

The Walmart trip was mainly so I could buy some tops that were not pull-overs. Ended up with men's flannel shirts.

I'm sitting in the opthalmologist's office with Himself, waiting for his annual eye check-up. I'm tagging along into the exam room so I can see his cloudy lenses. My SIL to see her hubby's when he had his examined and said it was pretty interesting. I have to not kibbitz, though, so I don't know how long I can stay...

I'm sitting in the opthalmologist's office with Himself, waiting for his annual eye check-up. I'm tagging along into the exam room so I can see his cloudy lenses. My SIL to see her hubby's when he had his examined and said it was pretty interesting. I have to not kibbitz, though, so I don't know how long I can stay...

Too funny.. :LOL:

Jeannie was asked if she wanted to watch my cataract surgeries... She said, "No, I'm not sure I can be quiet".. :ROFLMAO:

Ross

Spreading a little fertilizer today. IMG_20191210_144304.jpgIMG_20191210_144309.jpg

I was at Aldi's this morning and had about $8 worth of groceries. And before I knew it the lady ahead of me paid for them. She wouldn't take no for an answer. So I thanked her and said can I at least give her a hug and she smiled and said sure. She sure made my day with her kindness.

I was at Aldi's this morning and had about $8 worth of groceries. And before I knew it the lady ahead of me paid for them. She wouldn't take no for an answer. So I thanked her and said can I at least give her a hug and she smiled and said sure. She sure made my day with her kindness.

Very kind of her.. :)

Ross

Waiting to hear from Amazon about an order I placed.
Something isn't right here.
They say it was delivered yesterday. Security cameras show that a truck did stop at my home. Saw the driver open the sliding back door to do something. He was here about 10 minutes. Then he drove off without delivering my orders. I tracked it.The package was signed for.He left his name. It certainly wasn't mine!

So, I guess it's a wait and see kinda day.
Weird huh?:ermm:

Munky.

Waiting to hear from Amazon about an order I placed.
Something isn't right here.
They say it was delivered yesterday. Security cameras show that a truck did stop at my home. Saw the driver open the sliding back door to do something. He was here about 10 minutes. Then he drove off without delivering my orders. I tracked it.The package was signed for.He left his name. It certainly wasn't mine!

So, I guess it's a wait and see kinda day.
Weird huh?:ermm:

Munky.

:ohmy:

Maybe someone went over to the truck and accepted the package "on your behalf".

:ohmy:

Maybe someone went over to the truck and accepted the package "on your behalf".

No....
I saw him get into the back.Nobody approached the truck.
He was parked right in front of my home. I saw everything.
When he got out of the back. I did see him type something into a scanner type machine.
I also know what he was wearing and what he looked like and the name of the truck.

Whoa! I'm turning into Nancy Drew!:LOL:
The case of the "Office chair disappearance"

Munky.

No....
I saw him get into the back.Nobody approached the truck.
He was parked right in front of my home. I saw everything.
When he got out of the back. I did see him type something into a scanner type machine.
I also know what he was wearing and what he looked like and the name of the truck.

Whoa! I'm turning into Nancy Drew!:LOL:
The case of the "Office chair disappearance"

Munky.
Maybe the driver accidentally delivered it to the wrong house and didn't notice until the package wasn't there when arriving at your house? If that was the case, the driver should have admitted the mistake. Or, maybe the driver is a thief.

Maybe the driver accidentally delivered it to the wrong house and didn't notice until the package wasn't there when arriving at your house? If that was the case, the driver should have admitted the mistake. Or, maybe the driver is a thief.

I have no idea what happened except it also said it was delivered at my door step. Maybe Amazon contacted the seller and delivery co and found them. If that's the case,they worked quick.

Anyways The chairs just arrived. He left them at the door and walked away.
Would it have been such a problem to ring the doorbell?:rolleyes:

That's how a lot of ppl get ripped off.

Getting those chairs in the house was not an easy thing to do. No way am I going to be the one that puts them together.:ohmy:

Un merry oh,oh,oh..... :ROFLMAO::LOL::ermm:

Munky.

I just finished making the dough for my apple pie for tomorrow's dessert. I'm using the Cooks Illustrated recipe, which includes vodka to help make the dough tender - less water means it will make less gluten.

Well, the only vodka we have is lemon flavored and I didn't want to use that. DH usually has gin on hand - I used it for Thanksgiving and it was fine. Well, DH is unexpectedly out of gin! The only 80 proof liquor in the house is apple brandy or tequila. I went with the brandy. Will let you know how it turns out [emoji520] [emoji3050] [emoji16]

I just finished making the dough for my apple pie for tomorrow's dessert. I'm using the Cooks Illustrated recipe, which includes vodka to help make the dough tender - less water means it will make less gluten.

Well, the only vodka we have is lemon flavored and I didn't want to use that. DH usually has gin on hand - I used it for Thanksgiving and it was fine. Well, DH is unexpectedly out of gin! The only 80 proof liquor in the house is apple brandy or tequila. I went with the brandy. Will let you know how it turns out [emoji520] [emoji3050] [emoji16]

Apple brandy in a crust for apple pie. Sounds like a natural!

Back
Top Bottom