"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-20-2013, 02:39 AM   #15751
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
I'm sure some may be offended at this, and I apologize if anyone is. It was just very funny as I was being taken to the emergency room after being run over by my new boyfriend.

It's our way of making Carl understand this wasn't his fault......
I love your way of looking at things! I'm pretty much a find-the-funny-side-person most of the time. MOST of the time! Then, as Snoopy sang in the musical "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" "I feel every now and then that I have to bite someone!" I hope you feel better soon, Cat. And as far as us figuring these are your medicines talking? Nah, you've been this way all along! And we wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
The "three o'clock wall" is when most post surgical patients (regardless of what type of surgery) become extremely tired and in need of a nap. It strikes almost every patient of surgery...
News flash Addie: You don't have to be recovering from surgery to want that 3:00PM nap. Especially if you have a cat laying on you.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:13 AM   #15752
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I love your way of looking at things! I'm pretty much a find-the-funny-side-person most of the time. MOST of the time! Then, as Snoopy sang in the musical "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" "I feel every now and then that I have to bite someone!" I hope you feel better soon, Cat. And as far as us figuring these are your medicines talking? Nah, you've been this way all along! And we wouldn't have it any other way.

News flash Addie: You don't have to be recovering from surgery to want that 3:00PM nap. Especially if you have a cat laying on you.
I take naps all times during the day. And I haven't had any surgery lately.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #15753
Executive Chef

Addie, my surgery was 5 years ago and I still take naps, anytime I can!

Before leaving the hospital, I had to demonstrate that I could walk up and down stairs, get in and out of bed, etc. That was to show that I was allowed to go home.

I didn't HAVE to go to cardiac rehab, but I wanted to. Since I exercise at home, I liked knowing that they were monitoring my heart while I exercised. After that, I felt comfortable that I could also exercise at home and feel safe. There were other patients who did not do as well. They had to make them stop, and then called their doctor to let them know what was going on with the monitor. Something wasn't looking right. I went to cardiac rehab after getting a stent, too. I enjoyed it.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #15754
Senior Cook

It's funny how as kids...we were made to take naps when we didn't want to. (I wanna play!) Now as adults, a nice little snooze midday is a wondrous joy.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #15755
Senior Cook

Oh no Cat! I hope you feel better soon! Take it easy, and laugh lots :D laughter is sometimes the best medicine!

I'm so glad you and Carl have spoken to each other, and that Mamma & Pappa Cat like him :) You are a very sweet young lady, and deserve a nice young man.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #15756
Senior Cook

I'm taking it easy today. I am officially on holiday until Jan 6, and I slept in later than I have in ages! Usually up by shortly after 5, and I slept in until just before 9
Old 12-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #15757
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm getting ready to take a drive in the rain. Better than taking a drive in the snow I suppose. I need to pick up my pup's parvo vaccine at the vet and stop at a few other places.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #15758
Certified Pretend Chef

In the middle of making a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies (with walnuts).

Chocolate chip cookies (with walnuts) next. Either this afternoon or tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #15759
Chef Extraordinaire

DH and I are driving out to South Hill, VA, about two hours west of us, so I can have a pre-Christmas lunch with my mom, 2 aunts and cousin. Almost there!
Old 12-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #15760
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
DH and I are driving out to South Hill, VA, about two hours west of us, so I can have a pre-Christmas lunch with my mom, 2 aunts and cousin. Almost there!
Have a great time.