"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #15781
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Yeah Cat. I have had a beating or two from her. Not very good fun!
Absolutely, I made her WANT those pain pills!!!

Old 12-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #15782
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Now I want antipasto...

10 Things We Love About Italy from The Perennial Plate on Vimeo

Old 12-21-2013, 01:18 AM   #15783
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
<nursey hat on>

Pain talk!!!~Cat Dear! The doctor gave you pain medicine to help you heal. You will have stiff scars and take longer to heal if you do not take the pain medicine and you hurt, because you will not want to move. Not moving can also cause you to develop pneumonia, take the pain medicine. Go for walks and enjoy the fresh air.

I know they make you feel drowsy and woozy, but as long as you are not taking them for drowsy and woozy feelings but for pain...and stop taking them when you stop having pain, you will not become addicted.

On a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst pain ever!!!! Where is your pain on that scale? If it is 4 or over...TAKE the PAIN Medicine!!! Over 4 and you start moving differently, not freely like you should be.

Don't make me come beat you like I do my step-kids...

<nursey hat off>

Love you more,
Fiona
This is very awful pain. It is probably very much 9. The gash was very deep and showed my vertebra. I'm having troubles sleeping and only nap when I take these medicines. I'm trying to move as much as I can and although it hurts very much, I must keep moving as I can, when I'm not knocked out by these drugs.

I'll take these, Ogress. I was worried of addiction, but I will take them as they are prescribed. It does make me feel better when I take them. But I hate that woozy, odd feeling I get. Carl told me there are some guys who buy this Vicodin on the street to get high of it. He said they enjoy the high feeling.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to feel woozy and very odd. I don't trust myself to drive my precious Joy because of this awful feeling. This is very hard to deal with.

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #15784
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
This is very awful pain. It is probably very much 9. The gash was very deep and showed my vertebra. I'm having troubles sleeping and only nap when I take these medicines. I'm trying to move as much as I can and although it hurts very much, I must keep moving as I can, when I'm not knocked out by these drugs.

I'll take these, Ogress. I was worried of addiction, but I will take them as they are prescribed. It does make me feel better when I take them. But I hate that woozy, odd feeling I get. Carl told me there are some guys who buy this Vicodin on the street to get high of it. He said they enjoy the high feeling.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to feel woozy and very odd. I don't trust myself to drive my precious Joy because of this awful feeling. This is very hard to deal with.

With love,
~Cat
Cat, I am sure you know this, but you CANNOT drive when you take your pain medications. It is against the law in every state. Joy will still be there when you are better.

And don't even think of selling any of your medication on the street. Not unless you like the idea of being in jail. Those people Carl mentioned are drug addicts. You don't need anyone like that to associate with.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:35 AM   #15785
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

For now, take the pain pills on a schedule, once the pain lets up you can move them farther apart. If the doctor said every 4 or 6 hours, take them every 4. You also need the sleep they provide, not just naps. When you hurt so bad, it takes so much longer to "catch up" with the pain relief. Keeping on schedule, you don't have to play that "catch up" game and feel less pain for longer periods of time.

If I can get a 95 year old to take a walk on her new hip, we should be able to get you pain-free so you can function during the day and get rest/sleep at night.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:19 AM   #15786
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I never said I would sell this. I never said I drove Joy today. I never said I was involved with drug addicts.

This discussion has ended.

With love,
~Cat
I never did say you did say those words. I just want you to be aware! And I still luv ya!
Old 12-21-2013, 02:36 AM   #15787
Proud American

I understand. I'll take them as PF said, and Addie is correct.

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-21-2013, 03:00 AM   #15788
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I never did say you did say those words. I just want you to be aware! And I still luv ya!
I understand.

I do know ones of my age are a little different from me.

I still luv ya too, Addie. You are such a blessing.

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-21-2013, 03:07 AM   #15789
Proud American

And by the way, I'm taking the pills as all of you have advised. I still feel woozy and odd.

Maybe I didn't pay the gravity bill, which is why I feel woozy and odd.

Uck.

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-21-2013, 03:16 AM   #15790
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
And by the way, I'm taking the pills as all of you have advised. I still feel woozy and odd.

Maybe I didn't pay the gravity bill, which is why I feel woozy and odd.

Uck.

With love,
~Cat
Cat, if you knew anyone who knows me, the will tell you I born woozy. And I haven't changed yet.