"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-21-2013, 03:24 AM   #15791
Chef Extraordinaire

Every month I get a newsletter from the Administrator of our family tree. She lets us know who is having a birthday each month. I just had to notify her that one of my uncles is dead. He is not 108 years old. In fact he died in his late fifties. But I do have two grandkids that are in their late 20's this month. And they are two of the younger ones. I have a few in their thirties. Late thirties! YIKE!

Old 12-21-2013, 03:46 AM   #15792
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Cat, if you knew anyone who knows me, the will tell you I born woozy. And I haven't changed yet.
Good. I like you very much, so perhaps woozy is a compliment to me.

Right now, I'm taking my woozy self off to bed. These medicines are very odd and they make me feel very strange and sleepy.

With love,
~Cat

Old 12-21-2013, 04:01 AM   #15793
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post

Right now, I'm taking my woozy self off to bed. These medicines are very odd and they make me feel very strange and sleepy.

With love,
~Cat
Good night and remember, while you are sleeping, your body is resting and healing itself. You will feel better tomorrow.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:34 AM   #15794
Executive Chef

Quote:
Every month I get a newsletter from the Administrator of our family tree. She lets us know who is having a birthday each month. I just had to notify her that one of my uncles is dead. He is not 108 years old. In fact he died in his late fifties. But I do have two grandkids that are in their late 20's this month. And they are two of the younger ones. I have a few in their thirties. Late thirties! YIKE!
My mother's youngest brother (in other words my uncle) who died 2 years ago would have been a great grandfather if he had lived. I was at his wedding when I was 3. Evie, his great grand-daughter is 6 months old.

Frightening, isn't it.

Mind you, in the scheme of things I could be a great grandma and I'm only 64. (And if any sweet young things are reading this don't you dare boggle at "only 64" )
Old 12-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #15795
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
The cookies are done and delicious. Gotta love that Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Quaker Oats. It's the best.
Well where's the recipe then! We have QO here but I've not seen a recipe on the packet. (Which isn't surprising as I don't buy QO. I buy the organic ones from Mornflake.)

I'll swop you my "Ginger Oaties" recipe. The recipe says "Jumbo" (ie whole) oats but QO will do only the cookies may not be as crisp.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #15796
Executive Chef

Quote:
I reached a milestone today. I have lived here for seven years. When I moved in, I brought with me a roll of Cut Rite wax paper. I had it for a couple of years when I was living at my daughter's house before here.

I FINALLY reached the end of the roll. I only use it mostly to sift out flour and other baking stuff and then just use it as a funnel to add to the bowl.
I have just finished a bottle of *gravy browning which I bought when I moved into the first house I bought in 1984.

*If you don't have it where you are gravy browning is basically burnt sugar caramel syrupy liquid and used buy the drop to give colour to pale "pour on" gravy served with "red" meat (or anything that needs a bit of brown colouring). I only use it when I have visitors.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #15797
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
My other choice was a $600 espresso machine Shrek gave me a stack of catalogs and said, "Whatever you want, Babe!"
Where did you get Shrek from and have they got any left?
Old 12-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #15798
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
He sure will be, he's on a 3 week vacation (just because he can), that stinker!

If it makes you feel better Addie, not too long ago, I poured iced tea into my cereal!
Just before I moved from the old house to here I found myself half way up the stairs with a jug of milk in my hand.

Hmm?

Went back to the fridge and found my make-up bag in the milk compartment!
Old 12-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #15799
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post

With love,
~Cat
I've only just found your message about your accident. I hope you're feeling a bit better now. Keep taking the pills - they'll do you good.

Pain killers often make you a bit dozy. It shows they're doing their job.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #15800
Executive Chef

I've spent the morning wrapping presents. I've been putting it off and putting it off but can't do so any longer. I'm off to my aunt's on Monday morning to spend Christmas with 4 generations of the family - 11 of us counting the latest baby. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'd enjoy giving you a rundown of the characters who will be there but one of my cousins "lurks" on this site and I don't want to offend anyone!