What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished roasting a small batch of coffee beans. Had gotten lazy and not done it in a while but running low on bought roasted so had to remember how to do it. Luckily I keep notes. Looking forward to brewing some tomorrow.

In the unlikely event that anyone is interested in these particular beans there is information on them here.

brazil-santa-luzia-campos-altos-coffee-8_1.jpg

Okay, Cooking Goddess. Here are pictures of the knitted basket I made last week.

Only took me 2 days to do it, including leaning a new technique. It's all one piece and is about 12 inches high and about 26 inches around. The first picture is the basket. The second one is a closer view of the bottom and the final one shows the detail of the "braided" corners. It's my favorite color and I love it.

I started another one on Saturday using some scrap yarn and 3 different colors. It's going to be a bit squishy but that's because of the yarn I'm using.

Attachments

• IMG_1768.jpg
    IMG_1768.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1770.jpg
    IMG_1770.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1769.jpg
    IMG_1769.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 77
That is so cool, Katie! Do you know what you'll be using it for? It looks like the perfect size to me for bringing up potatoes and onions from the basement. Or a couple of canned goods. ~ I have a bit of pantry stock on shelves in the basement...

Pretty much have decided to use it as a knitting basket. I always have something going and like to take things along to do in the car (when I'm not driving) or when I have to wait at the doctor's office. It's much prettier than a plastic grocery bag.

Love it Katy! Very nice!

I need to find my crocheted shopping bags, one of my kitties liked sleeping on them so I stashed them in a corner in the dining room (by the fireplace where he liked to lay) and have since blocked off that corner with furniture. Bet they are embedded with cat hair!

SO and I took a ride today. The car has been sitting idle and needed some exercise so we hopped in and drove to my eldest daughter's home to visit with her and our grandson. They came out to their back steps and we stood in the driveway. We visited for about 15-20 minutes then left.

Then we drove to my 85 YO sister's condo and called her to come out to play. She stood on her balcony and we stood on the sidewalk and visited for a bit. The drive home was quick and easy. Lunch was delicious.

SO and I took a ride today. The car has been sitting idle and needed some exercise so we hopped in and drove to my eldest daughter's home to visit with her and our grandson. They came out to their back steps and we stood in the driveway. We visited for about 15-20 minutes then left.

Then we drove to my 85 YO sister's condo and called her to come out to play. She stood on her balcony and we stood on the sidewalk and visited for a bit. The drive home was quick and easy. Lunch was delicious.

What was lunch?

I am canning 13 quarts of poultry stock today and watering one blue spruce tree.

I'm waiting for the grocery order that was supposed to arrive on Thursday. They phoned and asked about some substitutions and said that they were assembling it now. They also said I should expect it within an hour. Because of the pandemic, stores in Quebec that are allowed to stay open at all, are now having to close on Sundays to give the workers a bit of a rest. They didn't open the store, but some of the staff went in to catch up on the backlog.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the grocery order that was supposed to arrive on Thursday. They phoned and asked about some substitutions and said that they were assembling it now. They also said I should expect it within an hour. Because of the pandemic, stores in Quebec that are allowed to stay open at all, are now having to close on Sundays to give the workers a bit of a rest. They didn't open the store, but some of the staff went in to catch up on the backlog.

I would like to see that, in bold, here...

Ross

I would like to see that, in bold, here...

Ross

It's a good idea, eh?

My groceries arrived. They have been brought into the house; wiped down with disinfectant (there was no produce); and ticked off the receipt. Hands are washed and doorknobs and surfaces are disinfected. I put stuff in the fridge and freezer. Now, I am pooped out. I will go downstairs and put stuff away later.

Another day trying to bring back the planting bed and the garden. I did get my greenhouse cleaned out and organize so I can get some seeds started and repot the herbs I bought. Progress by inches. 20200405_135005.jpg20200405_135302.jpg20200405_135022.jpg

Just finished work for the week. I am sitting on the backyard swing listening to the wind in the trees, the wind chimes, and the birds. No traffic, no one in the street.

Contemplating a cold beverage...

Oh...now a woodpecker somewhere.

Currently making a pot roast - more accurately waiting for it to finish cooking.

We went for a drive around town today. We did not get out of the car at all. We just drove around looking at things. It was kind of sad. This is a very very busy time of year. Easter is the biggest holiday in Mexico and our town is usually filled to the brim with people. Not this year. I feel so bad for all the folks who depend on tourist money. They are not having a good time.

Waiting in a very very long line at Aldi to check out. Only allowing 50 people in the store and only two checkouts running. I was done shopping I'm 15 minutes. Been in line 20 now...

Just rolled out of bed... Drinking mornin coffee...listening to the ocean outside my front window and some very happy little birds out my back window. Perfect start to the day.

Back
Top Bottom