What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope you have a wonderful day! ��

We are self isolating here in our condo and have been for over two weeks. Our friends down the hall have been too... We are going to risk a dinner tonight! �� large kitchen table and we will sit at opposite ends.

Hope you have a wonderful day! ��

We are self isolating here in our condo and have been for over two weeks. Our friends down the hall have been too... We are going to risk a dinner tonight! �� large kitchen table and we will sit at opposite ends.

Maybe have one person do all the serving, so the outsides of bowls and platters of food and the handles of serving implements don't spread possible contagion.

And I'm sure you know this, but lots of hand washing for everyone.

Waiting in a very very long line at Aldi to check out. Only allowing 50 people in the store and only two checkouts running. I was done shopping I'm 15 minutes. Been in line 20 now...

That would make me crazy, you'd think they would want some turnover and add additional cashiers

Maybe have one person do all the serving, so the outsides of bowls and platters of food and the handles of serving implements don't spread possible contagion.

And I'm sure you know this, but lots of hand washing for everyone.

Yes, that is what we did! I also through all the napkins and place mats in the wash as soon as we stood up from eating.

Waiting not very patiently for our groceries to be delivered. They were supposed to be here at 11:00 but this is Mexico and time goes much slower here. I expect that they will arrive tonight around 5 - 6. Mañana doesn't really mean tomorrow, it means some other day at some unknown time and place. LOL! You learn quickly not to look at the clock too often. :)

Waiting for the dogs to finish their dinner so I can go make ours.

You know you are encouraging their idea of being the boss by doing that (supposedly according to canine behaviorists) by feeding them first don't ya? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Shhh, we do the same thing, and they know they are the boss here.

An exhausting but ok day. Went for our grocery pick up today. 12-1 pm timed pick up. First, our personal shopper? person started texting at 11 w/ ??;s. That moved on to substitutions and cancelling items. No can do any add-ons. SO, who likes to talk in real life, kept giving me play by play action and lots of hand waving. Then their Text App went down and we were cut off. SO tried to get ahold of them via email to no avail. I can see why they do not list any phone contact info. The shopper person has more resilience and patience than I might have. We got re-connected, order complete, as adjusted and we hit the store for pick up about 1:30.

The grocery store parking lot was Full ! Maybe it's the holiday weekend. Maybe it's the last day before bad weather and a new cold spell. CoVid is for sure not keeping people home today. Glad we did not have to go inside.

We got groceries home and sorted out the stuff that can go to my house mañana or whenever. Still trying to get a date for Delivery for next time.

Last edited:
Oh they definitely know they are the bosses of this house, specially the Queen herself. Lol.
You know you are encouraging their idea of being the boss by doing that (supposedly according to canine behaviorists) by feeding them first don't ya? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Shhh, we do the same thing, and they know they are the boss here.

I had to share this!! Wanted to use up leftovers in the fridge for lunch. Dug around and pulled out the citrus salmon from the other night. Hmmmm... fish tacos?!?!?! The salmon, chopped kale, and the leftover pineapple salsa with a drizzle of Asian salad dressing in a corn tortilla.

I think this one is a keeper recipe for sure!!! 20200414_123352.jpg

Beagle and I continue to sequester. I've been making masks to give away (for people.)

Just did an online grocery order for my neighbors and I. Hopefully everything will be delivered tomorrow. It's always fun because you never know what you'll get and what they let you order but are out of.

Life for me is much the same, dog, cats and my computer. I have been able to goover to my parents, again. My social life outside of work is just riveting.

In the last year I've lost 85 lbs; mostly fat but muscle too and didn't have much of the latter to start with. In January started working out regularly at the YMCA to correct the matter but the Virus kiboshed that.

Already had a treadmill. Recently bought adjustable dumbells. Began home workouts today.

In the last year I've lost 85 lbs; mostly fat but muscle too and didn't have much of the latter to start with. In January started working out regularly at the YMCA to correct the matter but the Virus kiboshed that.

Already had a treadmill. Recently bought adjustable dumbells. Began home workouts today.
:king: :punk:
Way to go.

Right now, I'm shelling peas that wintered over in our garden. I'm blanching and freezing them till I have enough to make a spring risotto, with asparagus and green beans (not grown by us).
20200419_175146.jpg

Back
Top Bottom