What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today would have been our first full day in Hawaii...

IMG_5808.jpg

... we'll just have to make do without the beach :LOL:

Defrosting our cellar freezer. We had to empty all the frozen foods into coolers. Then I set four of my biggest pots full of water on the stove to boil.

The hard part is carrying those 4 big pots full of boiling water down the cellar stairs and putting them into the freezer.

Now we wait for the icebergs to melt and drain out of the freezer.

Also a good time for a quick review of what we have in there.

We did a grocery shopping run today for the first time in two and a half weeks. There was not a spec of pork or lamb in the supermarket. beef and chicken was available. Still no sanitization products.

Costco was a lot better stocked. Bought a whole pork loin, a package of Italian sausage and a 12-13 pound package of boneless pork butt. They have no Kirkland Signature brand OTC meds, only brand names. Loads of paper products. Pallets of TP were out in the aisles.

What I am doing is sitting here wondering why do I have 4 books going. I don't think I have ever done this before. I can't seem to focus on just one. When I go to read I seem to be in different moods. All 4 books are different. Hope I don't add a 5th book tonight. lol

Anyone else have this problem?

We did a grocery shopping run today for the first time in two and a half weeks. There was not a spec of pork or lamb in the supermarket. beef and chicken was available. Still no sanitization products.

Costco was a lot better stocked. Bought a whole pork loin, a package of Italian sausage and a 12-13 pound package of boneless pork butt. They have no Kirkland Signature brand OTC meds, only brand names. Loads of paper products. Pallets of TP were out in the aisles.

I'm about ready to venture a Costco run also Andy, especially since our store has tightened up their rules about only two customers per card which means whole families complete with aunts and uncles won't be admitted with one card and cart. That's always been so annoying to me. Plus nobody will be admitted without a mask, as it's regrettable masks are still not mandatory in this county.

What I am doing is sitting here wondering why do I have 4 books going. I don't think I have ever done this before. I can't seem to focus on just one. When I go to read I seem to be in different moods. All 4 books are different. Hope I don't add a 5th book tonight. lol

Anyone else have this problem?

Cookie, I've tried reading more than one book at a time and I get way too confused especially if they are my favorite "Historical Fiction." When the pandemic first hit I wasn't able to concentrate on any reading at all, but I'm better now.

Happy reading!:D

I'm about ready to venture a Costco run also Andy, especially since our store has tightened up their rules about only two customers per card which means whole families complete with aunts and uncles won't be admitted with one card and cart. That's always been so annoying to me. Plus nobody will be admitted without a mask, as it's regrettable masks are still not mandatory in this county...

Kayelle, Costco has senior hours 9:00-10:00AM daily. It wasn't too crowded and there was a good selection of stuff.

I'm hoping I don't get a headache. I just had the scintillating scotoma part of a visual migraine.

I get those, usually without a headache. Turns out my Dad gets them, too. He was surprised, never knew what it was and that he knew someone else with them.

Oh my gosh Taxi! I just googled scintillating scotoma and that's really scary...:ohmy:

Stay well, please.
It was really scary the first time I had it. My roommate made me go to a clinic right away. She was afraid it was the symptom of glaucoma that needs to be treated ASAP. I described it to the doctor and she said, "Oh, that's a migraine." Me, "A migraine? I thought migraines came with horrible headaches. I don't even have a mild headache." Doctor, "They can, but the headache isn't a requirement."

So, from then on, I just enjoy the pretty colours and don't do anything important while the visual effects are happening. I had them without headaches for years. Now, there is usually a headache that starts either during or after the visual part is over. I did get the headache this time. :ermm:

I'm hoping I don't get a headache. I just had the scintillating scotoma part of a visual migraine.

It was really scary the first time I had it. My roommate made me go to a clinic right away. She was afraid it was the symptom of glaucoma that needs to be treated ASAP. I described it to the doctor and she said, "Oh, that's a migraine." Me, "A migraine? I thought migraines came with horrible headaches. I don't even have a mild headache." Doctor, "They can, but the headache isn't a requirement."

So, from then on, I just enjoy the pretty colours and don't do anything important while the visual effects are happening. I had them without headaches for years. Now, there is usually a headache that starts either during or after the visual part is over. I did get the headache this time. :ermm:

I get them when I'm driving, need a place to pull off until the show is done.

I just had to know more about this, and I found this most interesting VERY young Doctor explaining it really well. Personally, I like my Doctors to be older than my cookie sheets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NsI7RaPkco

Last edited:
I get them when I'm driving, need a place to pull off until the show is done.

In all the time I have been getting these (first one in April 1992) , I have only twice had it happen while driving. Once, I pulled over for 20 minutes. The other time I was stuck in a stop and go traffic jam. In the space of one block in downtown Montreal, I had the entire 15-20 minute scintillating scotoma. It was over when I got to the end of the block. I had been trying to find a parking space, but they were all taken. It wasn't scary. It was a one lane, one way street with parking on both sides. I don't think I got up to 5 km/hr.

Good grief. What was he thinking in that video with that flashing light when he showed what a scintillating scotoma might look like. That was horrible.

I never get grey. I get a tiny spot of rainbow colours that gets bigger and then turns into a jaggy circle of prism colours that grows until it has expanded beyond my field of vision. BTW, I have had all those consultations and tests.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom