"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #15851
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
It's 3:00 and the robot vacuum has started. This means I have to move things out of it's way and contend with a 60 lb "lap dog" on my knee who is scared of the thing. This goes on every day, but it is sure helping with the carpets.

I always wanted on of those, but since I had my surgery 5 years ago my husband had been doing the vacuuming. The doctor told me not to run the vacuum. My husband didn't realize that he meant "until you are healed." He thought he meant forever. Shhhhh Don't tell him! LOL

Old 12-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #15852
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Oops, CarolPa. that is what I meant. Must have been a Freudian slip wishing for the longer days of summer.

It's probably the longest day today in Australia. It's 5 O'clock Somewhere.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #15853
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
No, they go right on the baking sheet frozen.
Thanks
Old 12-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #15854
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
I always wanted on of those, but since I had my surgery 5 years ago my husband had been doing the vacuuming. The doctor told me not to run the vacuum. My husband didn't realize that he meant "until you are healed." He thought he meant forever. Shhhhh Don't tell him! LOL
I love it! and will never tell!

Mine actually is a forever thing and TB has been doing it faithfully for years and decided to get some items that would "make MY life easier"

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #15855
Chef Extraordinaire

Another birthday come & gone. I'm 53 today. It's true when you get older the time starts going faster. We just got home. We went to a nice Italian place for supper. Relaxing in my new fuzzy pj's & slippers.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #15856
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Another birthday come & gone. I'm 53 today. It's true when you get older the time starts going faster. We just got home. We went to a nice Italian place for supper. Relaxing in my new fuzzy pj's & slippers.
Oh, no, did we miss your birthday, SB? Facepalm. Happy Birthday!

Off to fix this.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:58 AM   #15857
Certified Cake Maniac

Codeine can be such a wonderful thing. Who would have figured I could bake 8 dozen (2 batches) of cookies, clean the living room and kitchen, go shopping and make TB's lunch all the while feeling the pain from what may or may not be gall bladder. I hate taking extra medication, specially narcotics, but I have to say that with my chronic pain, the Emtec (like Tylenol 3 except without caffeine which gives me migraines) is the only thing keeping me from crying like a baby. And I am not one to show much of my pain.

The cookies are for gifts for people who have helped me out - like my neighbour who comes over once in awhile and cleans my bathrooms and her daughter entertains the animals for me. Another neighbour who takes me shopping and when I can't go, shops for me. I don't really feel a few cookies is enough, but it is all I can do right now. They aren't even fancy Christmas cookies.

Old 12-22-2013, 02:18 AM   #15858
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Codeine can be such a wonderful thing. Who would have figured I could bake 8 dozen (2 batches) of cookies, clean the living room and kitchen, go shopping and make TB's lunch all the while feeling the pain from what may or may not be gall bladder. I hate taking extra medication, specially narcotics, but I have to say that with my chronic pain, the Emtec (like Tylenol 3 except without caffeine which gives me migraines) is the only thing keeping me from crying like a baby. And I am not one to show much of my pain.

The cookies are for gifts for people who have helped me out - like my neighbour who comes over once in awhile and cleans my bathrooms and her daughter entertains the animals for me. Another neighbour who takes me shopping and when I can't go, shops for me. I don't really feel a few cookies is enough, but it is all I can do right now. They aren't even fancy Christmas cookies.
I'm sure the cookies and the thought will be appreciated.

Codeine is lovely pain reliever. I get the one with ASA, because Tylenol doesn't work on me. I appreciate the fact that we can buy it over the counter here in Canada. In Denmark you can get codeine/ASA or codeine/acetaminophen, with no caffeine over the counter. If you want caffeine in it, you need a 'script. I thought that was kinda funny.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:45 AM   #15859
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks for the encouragement Taxy. I have been putting down "caffeine" as an allergy and explaining that I can't use T3 because of it but most doctors prescribe it anyway or they say that Emtec is exactly the same thing. So from now on I am going to put both caffeine and Tylenol 3 down as allergies. We will see what happens then. But I have my bottle of Emtec, my heating pad and my furkids to keep me company while I can't sleep. I will probably get through at least the first two "Santa Clause" movies tonight. I am half way through No. 1 so far. Love the classics this time of year. I also have 3 versions of Scrooge, Scrooged, It's a Wonderful Life" and The Christmas Story on the PVR.

Old 12-22-2013, 02:54 AM   #15860
Proud American

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement Taxy. I have been putting down "caffeine" as an allergy and explaining that I can't use T3 because of it but most doctors prescribe it anyway or they say that Emtec is exactly the same thing. So from now on I am going to put both caffeine and Tylenol 3 down as allergies. We will see what happens then. But I have my bottle of Emtec, my heating pad and my furkids to keep me company while I can't sleep. I will probably get through at least the first two "Santa Clause" movies tonight. I am half way through No. 1 so far. Love the classics this time of year. I also have 3 versions of Scrooge, Scrooged, It's a Wonderful Life" and The Christmas Story on the PVR.
I can't sleep either. I'm sorry you are having a bad time. You are in my thoughts tonight and I do wish you the very best.

With love,
~Cat