What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Taxy,
Your post got me to thinking about grocery deliveries.
Shopping here has become such a hassle.
I did some checking yesterday to see if I could shop from where I live to the next closest store. Found out that yes I can. Signed up an account.
Shopped.Was able to talk with my own personal shopper, right up to delivery.If an item was out of stock he upgraded it upon my approval.

Hubby was skeptical about it until I sent pics 2 hours later when everything was delivered on time to my door.:cool:
Really enjoyed my Ben an Jerry's chocolate therapy ice cream. :LOL:

Munky.
Wow, that's great. I'm glad you have such good service. I wish ours was that good. Here, the supermarkets that deliver and package pick up orders are still a bit overwhelmed, so they aren't functioning that well.

There is an app for getting deliveries from some stores. It seems to have service like that, but there is a delivery fee and a percentage of the total fee (10%? 20%? seemed high to me). That's not the only reason I haven't tried it. They seem to have a very limited selection at the various stores.

Wow, that's great. I'm glad you have such good service. I wish ours was that good. Here, the supermarkets that deliver and package pick up orders are still a bit overwhelmed, so they aren't functioning that well.

There is an app for getting deliveries from some stores. It seems to have service like that, but there is a delivery fee and a percentage of the total fee (10%? 20%? seemed high to me). That's not the only reason I haven't tried it. They seem to have a very limited selection at the various stores.

The supermarket where I live is horrid. Don't go alone.:ohmy:
They don't even bag.You do.For what I'd normally spend the bad attitude from the cashier was over the top.

The delivery for me was free. The only extra that I paid was for a service fee of a $1.35. The % was for tipping my shopper.I paid a little over 10% basing that on the cost of the items total.They even had it set up to txt my phone and email me the receipt.
It was a trial run to see if I ordered frozen it gets here frozen.
Same with produce.I had a great shopper who found better sales on some of my items.

This is going to work out well for me.Never was impressed to take a buddy just to shop for groceries.

Thank you Taxy:)
See what you've started?:LOL:

Munky.

The supermarket where I live is horrid. Don't go alone.:ohmy:
They don't even bag.You do.For what I'd normally spend the bad attitude from the cashier was over the top.

The delivery for me was free. The only extra that I paid was for a service fee of a $1.35. The % was for tipping my shopper.I paid a little over 10% basing that on the cost of the items total.They even had it set up to txt my phone and email me the receipt.
It was a trial run to see if I ordered frozen it gets here frozen.
Same with produce.I had a great shopper who found better sales on some of my items.

This is going to work out well for me.Never was impressed to take a buddy just to shop for groceries.

Thank you Taxy:)
See what you've started?:LOL:

Munky.

Now you got me thinking. :LOL: I just phoned our local health food store to ask if they have delivery, but they don't. They do have the service of shopping for you, so you can just pick it up. And, while my car isn't working at the moment, I do have various possibilities for getting stuff picked up for me.

My daughter stopped over last night. So we're hanging out in the back yard when all of sudden all the chickens and ducks stated raising hell. They were all chasing one duck that had something on its mouth. We all run down there and she had a baby duck by the head was trying to eat it. I was a little confused I don't have any hatched yet. Then the light bulb lit up. Last summer I had trouble with something killing my ducklings. I blamed it on the Drake and almost got rid of him. Just last week the mother duck and this duck in particular were fighting. I broke it up and didn't think much of it. So anyway I get the .22 and take care of the trouble duck and go check the nests. She was raiding the other nests and eating the eggs. Hopefully peace is restored and they can go on making me more babies. They were just starting to make me a little extra cash. This hatch was supposed to go in the freezer. I will have to wait and see how many I get now after the egg eater got some.

My daughter stopped over last night. So we're hanging out in the back yard when all of sudden all the chickens and ducks stated raising hell. They were all chasing one duck that had something on its mouth. We all run down there and she had a baby duck by the head was trying to eat it. I was a little confused I don't have any hatched yet. Then the light bulb lit up. Last summer I had trouble with something killing my ducklings. I blamed it on the Drake and almost got rid of him. Just last week the mother duck and this duck in particular were fighting. I broke it up and didn't think much of it. So anyway I get the .22 and take care of the trouble duck and go check the nests. She was raiding the other nests and eating the eggs. Hopefully peace is restored and they can go on making me more babies. They were just starting to make me a little extra cash. This hatch was supposed to go in the freezer. I will have to wait and see how many I get now after the egg eater got some.

I hope peace has been restored.
Don't mess with Mother ducks. She sounds like a true keeper to protect her eggs like that.

Munky.

Enjoying the end of the day, listening to the crickets, tree frogs, and wind chimes. It is very calming out here on the porch tonight. All I need now are some Maui chips. 20200516_210219.jpg

Hubby and my oldest son are coming up today. My oldest wants to finish moving his belongings out and into Dad's pad.
Hubby wants to spend the day with my puppy. Who's he kidding? I'm making a Roast beef dinner. He wants a home cooked dinner.

I've been seriously thinking about selling the house. Get a condo or rent a small house. We don't need this big house anymore.
Selling it won't be a problem. It's finding a pet friendly,safe place for me to move to that's going to be a challenge especially in these crazy times.

Munky.

I am relaxing / recuperating. We got a delivery from Lufa Farms. We had just gotten everything put away when the delivery from IGA arrived. We checked off everything that arrived and put almost everything away. Yes, we did decontaminate all the containers before putting stuff away. Then, I mixed up the forcemeat for frikadeller, so it can hydrate in the fridge until it's time to fry up the frikadeller. I am exhausted. I hope I regain enough spoons to make supper.

It doesn't ever fully heal. You just learn ways to cope with the emptiness. It does get better over time. Hugs to you!

You are so lovely, Beth...Thank you. The hole in my heart will never heal.:wub:

But, I was talking about the hole in the middle of my surgery scar. Darn thing keeps draining around a suture that sticks up. :ROFLMAO::LOL: Thanks for the giggle. And no, it's not infected, just not healing over.

But, I was talking about the hole in the middle of my surgery scar. Darn thing keeps draining around a suture that sticks up. :ROFLMAO::LOL: Thanks for the giggle. And no, it's not infected, just not healing over.

That was, to me, the scariest part of my surgery. I said, " You are sending me home with a hole in my chest?" :LOL:

Took a while but, it healed nicely..

As for the other hole. It too will heal over time but, never completely. My first wife passed 28 yeas ago this December. I think of her constantly. This has nothing to do with my sweet Jeannie. :)

Ross

But, I was talking about the hole in the middle of my surgery scar. Darn thing keeps draining around a suture that sticks up. :ROFLMAO:[emoji38] Thanks for the giggle. And no, it's not infected, just not healing over.
That happened to me after my last surgery. The surgeon's NP removed it and it finally healed.

That happened to me after my last surgery. The surgeon's NP removed it and it finally healed.

I was told, once again, it's fine, it will heal. I'm tired of needing a bandage and the weather is getting hot, I'll just be sweating them off.

Back
Top Bottom