"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #15921
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Apparently they weren't Bounty. The quicker picker-upper!

Sorry to hear of your water problems,Pac. We only had that once...when something got stuck in the drain of the stationary tub and the washing machine emptied! My fault!!
Pac, from personal experience I understand your dilemma. When I lived in the basement of my daughter's house, the water table is very high due to living so close to the ocean. So every time it rains, the water starts to come up through the floor. It takes three sump pumps going constantly to keep the water at bay.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #15922
Executive Chef

I think I'm going to Kohl's. I just read that they are open 24 hrs from now til 6 PM Christmas Eve. Every time I hear that a store is going to be open in the middle of the night I get curious to go there to see just how many people are there. Wonder if I can wake up DH to ask him to take me? LOL

Old 12-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #15923
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I think I'm going to Kohl's. I just read that they are open 24 hrs from now til 6 PM Christmas Eve. Every time I hear that a store is going to be open in the middle of the night I get curious to go there to see just how many people are there. Wonder if I can wake up DH to ask him to take me? LOL
Good luck to you. Don't be surprised if DH thinks you have lost it.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #15924
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
I'll go with you, Carol, just let me get my coat. Oh, wait, we're a few states away....
Old 12-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #15925
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Great minds!
Carol, TB took me to Swiss Chalet for dinner tonight and I mentioned checking out Walmart because they are open until 11 pm. While it was only 8:30 when we went, we were interested in whether it would be busy or slow. It was actually slower than on a non-holiday day in the middle of the afternoon!

How was Khol's?

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #15926
Cook

Hey, y'all.
I wanted to say that I feel really bad about hurting Cat. I've been teased about it and it's okay, but I really feel real bad. I was going too fast. I wasn't watching Azia like Cat does, so I learned a real hard lesson about watching out for Cat and Azia.
I know y'all have been real nice about it. Thank you. I just wanted to tell y'all I'm sorry and I feel awful about it. I reckoned it's time to speak my mind, because I'm obliged to y'all.
I'm going home tomorrow for Christmas. I'm gonna miss Cat and her family but they'll be here waiting for me when I get back.
I've got a sweet girlfriend who comes with some really great people and I want y'all to know I got my Christmas present. I hope your Christmas presents are as awesome as mine is.

Regards, Carl
Old 12-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #15927
Executive Chef

Watching The Sound of Music......I love this musical!
Old 12-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #15928
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Watching The Sound of Music......I love this musical!
Are you watching the new live one or the original?

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #15929
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Aw Carl, that's so sweet.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #15930
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSchellenberger View Post
Hey, y'all. I wanted to say that I feel really bad about hurting Cat. I've been teased about it and it's okay, but I really feel real bad. I was going too fast. I wasn't watching Azia like Cat does, so I learned a real hard lesson about watching out for Cat and Azia. I know y'all have been real nice about it. Thank you. I just wanted to tell y'all I'm sorry and I feel awful about it. I reckoned it's time to speak my mind, because I'm obliged to y'all. I'm going home tomorrow for Christmas. I'm gonna miss Cat and her family but they'll be here waiting for me when I get back. I've got a sweet girlfriend who comes with some really great people and I want y'all to know I got my Christmas present. I hope your Christmas presents are as awesome as mine is. Regards, Carl
Carl, you are a lucky boy! This whole business with the accident, was just that, an accident. Please don't beat yourself up about it. It's obvious how much you care about Cat! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and enjoy the rest of your holiday break from school. I'm glad you got that special gift for Christmas. Take care!