"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #15931
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSchellenberger View Post
Hey, y'all.
I wanted to say that I feel really bad about hurting Cat. I've been teased about it and it's okay, but I really feel real bad. I was going too fast. I wasn't watching Azia like Cat does, so I learned a real hard lesson about watching out for Cat and Azia.
I know y'all have been real nice about it. Thank you. I just wanted to tell y'all I'm sorry and I feel awful about it. I reckoned it's time to speak my mind, because I'm obliged to y'all.
I'm going home tomorrow for Christmas. I'm gonna miss Cat and her family but they'll be here waiting for me when I get back.
I've got a sweet girlfriend who comes with some really great people and I want y'all to know I got my Christmas present. I hope your Christmas presents are as awesome as mine is.

Regards, Carl
Carl, you are a dear.
Accidents do happen and maybe you could have been going slower, but then something else might have happened. I can tell that Cat doesn't blame you and the best thing you can do for her is to forgive yourself. You have a great present in her, but I do believe she has an awesome present in you as well. Many men would not be as sensitive and caring as you.

Have a very merry Christmas.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:17 AM   #15932
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Are you watching the new live one or the original?
Watching the original LP :)

Old 12-23-2013, 01:35 AM   #15933
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Carl, you are a lucky boy! This whole business with the accident, was just that, an accident. Please don't beat yourself up about it. It's obvious how much you care about Cat! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and enjoy the rest of your holiday break from school. I'm glad you got that special gift for Christmas. Take care!
Thanks, Somebunny. You're right, I'm very lucky. Cat said to be honest, and that gruesome feeling of my bike running over her still makes me sick.
I reckon that feeling might go away later.
I wish my Mom could come up here and meet Cat and her family. She works two jobs so I can go to college. Someday I'll support her and she won't have to work anymore.
You take care too, okay? Merry Christmas!

Regards, Carl
Old 12-23-2013, 01:46 AM   #15934
Cook

Quote:
Carl, you are a dear.
Accidents do happen and maybe you could have been going slower, but then something else might have happened. I can tell that Cat doesn't blame you and the best thing you can do for her is to forgive yourself. You have a great present in her, but I do believe she has an awesome present in you as well. Many men would not be as sensitive and caring as you.

Thanks, I appreciate that. No one blames me and I get that but I feel awful anyways. She still says she loves me and that's my present. Her Mom said if we marry, this'll be a great story to tell the kids and grandkids.
I think she's right. Merry Christmas!

Regards, Carl
Old 12-23-2013, 01:57 AM   #15935
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSchellenberger View Post
Thanks, I appreciate that. No one blames me and I get that but I feel awful anyways. She still says she loves me and that's my present. Her Mom said if we marry, this'll be a great story to tell the kids and grandkids.
I think she's right. Merry Christmas!

Regards, Carl
Oh I can just see that. "Listen, honey, the day after your Papa said he loved me, he ran over me with his bike.

It's all right, we haven't a problem since then. Aren't you lucky?"

Ha!

This is a great story!

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #15936
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Oh I can just see that. "Listen, honey, the day after your Papa said he loved me, he ran over me with his bike.

It's all right, we haven't a problem since then. Aren't you lucky?"

Ha!

This is a great story!

With love,
~Cat
Yup, Cat. I can see you saying that!

Regards, Carl
Old 12-23-2013, 02:03 AM   #15937
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Did they pass out any sheet music or the words for the audience? Most folks know the chorus. Even if they don't know all the words.
Copies of the full score and lyrics.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:05 AM   #15938
Proud American

And good night!

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #15939
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

Carl, you are a dear.

+1! Enjoy your holidays with your families and each other!
Old 12-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #15940
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Lordy, the run up to Christmas...I bet I have a dozen discharges in the next two days, combined with the hospital dump of patients.