What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am glad you are back, PF!

So many talented people on here. I can appreciate things but am not artistic.

I've been de-cluttering. I have so much accrued clutter. When Dad sold the house after Momma passed, I brought many things to my already filled-up house. I think I have more idea of what I want as I sort through things and what-have-you. My biggest problem is that I am so sentimental. Yes, I want Momma's mixing bowl. Yes, I need great-grandma's chicken platter, etc.

Slowly plodding forward. The guest room now looks like it could house a guest. :)

Mom handed me Dad's immunization records from when he was in the Air Force, she asked me if I wanted them...um...no, none of them are worth anything to him or I...unless you are interested in him getting Yellow Fever vaccines...and I had those in my records, too. So, she threw them away.

kKgirl... please tell me you bought that bow already tied like that... :ermm:

No dragn, I made it with wired burlap ribbon from the Dollar Tree,
love that place!
I saw a video on YouTube and thought I'd give it a go ... easy-peasy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2w_EhwXMEg

You can make any size you like of course.

I've been making my own decorative bows of late,
only because I can get such cute ribbon at the Dollar Tree.

I'm working on an online grocery order. I finished my "basket" order. That's from a place called Lufa Farms that has rooftop gardens and gets a lot of produce and stuff from local places.

I just came in from the garden. I'm coming off a week of overtime, an 11-hour work day and it was my weekend rotation at the hospital, so I get tomorrow off and plan to go wild tonight! With a Kdrama and a glass of lemonade. I may stay up until 11:30 so I can watch /2/ episodes. Watch out!

love that place!

Cool.. Sent the link to my daughter.. :)

Ross

love that place!

Great and now will check out the other video's they mention at the end... I'm such a sucker to fall down rabbit holes! :ROFLMAO:

Adventures at the "water park" today...

First, we never left the house. However, we did do some slipping and sliding and splashing in the kitchen. I was calmly sitting at the little work table in the middle of the work area, listening to the new noise that either the dishwasher or the refrigerator had suddenly developed. Didn't pay real close attention...until I got up to go to the pantry. What The Heck! Why is there a puddle on the floor? I then realized that the noise I was hearing was louder and more distinct - water spraying from the water hook-up to the fridge. :ohmy: I'm yelling out for Himself, all the while pulling on the fridge to get it away from the wall. I reach for the shut-off valve at the wall, but there is no water up there. Run my hand along the water line until I discover water spraying from near where it connects to the back of the fridge. Still yelling so loud I would not be surprised if a neighbor heard, even though everyone is buttoned up because of the heat, and not seeing Himself. He was busy upstairs getting a little "quiet time"...and yet playing NPR on his phone loudly. :glare: When he did get downstairs, he shut the valve off. WHY I did not think of that instead of panicking...well, I "do" panic well. :LOL:

By the time I sopped up some water with old towels, gave up on those and finished with the sponge mop, and hung the area rugs that had wet edges, I didn't want to do anything but sit on the porch and watch the hummingbirds feed. I hope Himself gets the parts to fix things and we're back to having a water line to the fridge soon. Until then, old-school freezer tray ice cubes and Brita filtered water are in order...

Hey all!
Its been crazy here. Two sick dogs, I banged my knee up pretty bad tripping over a dog ramp, then last week out of the blue budget cuts and RIF at work.

I'm safe but it's been hard all around and It is even more difficult when everyone is working remotely.

Hoping to find time to get back online more. Happy National Lasagna Day!

Today I am just relaxing, did any chores that needed done and after the hectic day yesterday, I need it. Hubby was at work yesterday, called and said he was on the way to hospital...dizzy and off balance, breathing problems...scared me and got my sister to take me there because he had my car.
They did several tests and its his ears...and his diabetes was pretty high...so I grumped at him because I know he's been eating candy bars at work! He's back to work today...such a stubborn mule!! [emoji57]

I'm boiling pasta for Ms. Moffet's pasta salad and making some Greek Salad for TB. We have been living off of cold plates for lunch the last week or so as it is so hot out - not complaining!

Hey all!
Its been crazy here. Two sick dogs, I banged my knee up pretty bad tripping over a dog ramp, then last week out of the blue budget cuts and RIF at work.

I'm safe but it's been hard all around and It is even more difficult when everyone is working remotely.

Dave, I am sorry things are not going well
for you. Hope every thing levels out.

Josie

Hey all!

Oh dear. God bedring (Danish for good bettering) to you and the dogs.

Hey all!

Dave, I was just thinking of you... I sent you a PM and didn't hear from you ...
I sure you guys are okay out there.

Back
Top Bottom