"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-25-2013, 02:34 AM   #16001
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
They're young.
I cheated. I had a nap after dinner, because my back still hurts a little.

I found a very small square box under my nightstand from Carl. He hid it there for me for Christmas!

It must be some kind of jewelry to be in such a small box. I'll bet it's a nice pin or small brooch, or maybe some nice earrings.

We'll see.

Merry Christmas!

With love,
~Cat

Old 12-25-2013, 02:51 AM   #16002
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Addie, doesn't Staples have free shipping over a certain amount? Here in Canada it's for purchases over $45 and they do their own delivery.

Old 12-25-2013, 02:55 AM   #16003
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Josie, best wishes for a quick recovery from your surgery. Merry Christmas!
And I wish you the same also. Merry Christmas!

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-25-2013, 06:28 AM   #16004
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
I'm eating popcorn out of one of those tins. It's your fault, Pac. After you mentioned it I saw one in the store and it hopped into my cart! The tin has a beautiful winter scene on it.
Mine has a Christmas scene with a Golden Retriever puppy on it.
I'm almost done with the white/salted and the buttered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
UPS today announced that they are completely overwhelmed with packages. Way more than their system can handle in time for packages to reach their destination. Even if you were told your package would arrive on time. They certainly were not expecting this much business this year. I know that last Wednesday my girlfriend paid extra for overnight delivery for a package she sent me. It arrived Monday. Good luck Pac in your waiting.
Thanks. It came around 3:30.
I'm not really sure where the delay was. It arrived to the center 6:30, but didn't get scanned onto the truck until right before noon.
And at 9:30 or so I found two packages from UPS on my porch. He must have really been running late, but those were regular delivery. Gotta feel sorry for the drivers being Christmas Eve and all.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #16005
Certified Pretend Chef

My BIL works for FEDEX. They grind their drivers into the ground. They are understaffed and forced to work long hours. At the end of the day he literally has to drag himself up the stairs into his home.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #16006
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie1945 View Post
I am having surgery the day after Christmas. Left wrist and
elbow. So I am making sure everything is finished. Canned
6 quarts of green beans this morning. Cooked my part of
Christmas diner except for the prime rib.

Wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas !!

Josie
Merry Christmas Josie. I hope the surgery goes well, Carpal Tunnel?

Hugs,
PF
Old 12-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #16007
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I seem to have come down with something: sniffling, a bad cough, a headache, and my upper lungs hurt. I hope those painkillers take away that headache soon.

I have to do something about all that meat I thawed for the tourtière. I'm going to make the filling, cook it, and refrigerate it. I am taking it easy and doing this in little steps. I won't bother making the crust today. Right now I'm soaking some potatoes so I can scrub all the mud off of them. They go in the tourtière.

If I don't feel more energetic by the day after tomorrow, I'll reheat the filling and then freeze it. Heck, maybe I should just freeze it today.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #16008
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Addie, doesn't Staples have free shipping over a certain amount? Here in Canada it's for purchases over $45 and they do their own delivery.
Gee, I don't know. Spike is doing the research and ordering. I will mention it to him.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #16009
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I seem to have come down with something: sniffling, a bad cough, a headache, and my upper lungs hurt. I hope those painkillers take away that headache soon.

I have to do something about all that meat I thawed for the tourtière. I'm going to make the filling, cook it, and refrigerate it. I am taking it easy and doing this in little steps. I won't bother making the crust today. Right now I'm soaking some potatoes so I can scrub all the mud off of them. They go in the tourtière.

If I don't feel more energetic by the day after tomorrow, I'll reheat the filling and then freeze it. Heck, maybe I should just freeze it today.
Cook it, freeze and then off to bed with you. Get some sleep before you get super sick.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #16010
Sous Chef

Quote:

Oh man Taxy. Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Between you and LP. I woke up yesterday with a raging head cold myself. Mrs D dragged me off to the health food store and got me some oil of oregano. I mist say I feel quite a bit better today. I hope Stirling is feeling better.