What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just checked the evacuation zones. Were not too far from one of the zones.
More dry lightning is expected today and tomorrow.
The AQI is 245.
With all this smoke hanging in the air, ash is all over. Everyone has been complaining of headaches.

Have an appointment tomorrow. It's a petty trip.Have to pick up my new glasses isn't worth the trip out exposing myself.
Leaving the house and my dogs here alone. Dealing with all the roundabouts.
If I cancel would I still be charged for a no show? It's not an emergency. Why go?

Just checked the evacuation zones. Were not too far from one of the zones.
More dry lightning is expected today and tomorrow.
The AQI is 245.
With all this smoke hanging in the air, ash is all over. Everyone has been complaining of headaches.

Have an appointment tomorrow. It's a petty trip.Have to pick up my new glasses isn't worth the trip out exposing myself.
Leaving the house and my dogs here alone. Dealing with all the roundabouts.
If I cancel would I still be charged for a no show? It's not an emergency. Why go?

Is it just to pick up new glasses? I mean, no measuring your eyes, just pick up already made glasses? If that is the case, just call and tell them you will pick them up after the air gets better.

Is it just to pick up new glasses? I mean, no measuring your eyes, just pick up already made glasses? If that is the case, just call and tell them you will pick them up after the air gets better.
Taxy is right. That's what I would do. Although I didn't have to make an appointment to pick up my new glasses a couple months ago. I just went in, waited for the technician to finish with someone else and tried on the glasses. She adjusted them a little and that was that.

Ditto with GG and taxy -

guarding your animals from a potentially dangerous position takes priority over an appointment to pick up your glasses. (plus your other valuables)

Just be sure to call them to advise.

Update on Jeannie's daughter..

The area she has been staying in has been warned that evacuation orders may well be issued soon. Carmel Valley Village.

Karen and the friend she have been staying with have both left the home.
Karen has relocated to her aunts home in Monterey and her friend to her brothers home in a safe area too.

Ross

Last night, Karen told us that a fireman friend was able to drive through her neighborhood. He reported that her home and surrounding homes are safe and her particular area is now safe from the fires. No word on when she will be allowed into the area though.
Good news for Karen and neighbors.

Ross

Last night, Karen told us that a fireman friend was able to drive through her neighborhood. He reported that her home and surrounding homes are safe and her particular area is now safe from the fires. No word on when she will be allowed into the area though.

Ross

That's awesome news Ross!:cool::)
Finally some good news!
We watched helicopters fly over all day with water buckets.
Back and forth. Those guys are truly working hard.

While my router is allowing me to stay (Have a new one ready to be installed)
I found a dog/house sitter. I couldn't cancel my appointment.
If I had it would be another few weeks before they could reschedule.
When I get back I'll try and get the new router set up.Never set one up before.
If nobody sees me for a while. Have a good laugh... You'll know why...She messed up!:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Ross
So glad to hear this for all of your sakes. I'm sure it gives you and Jeannie a lot of peace of mind.

Thank you both.. :)

I have just received a news bulletin that the CV Village residential restrictions have been lifted. Karen's friend can return to her home and, hopefully, Karen will get to her own home in a day or so..

Munky. Get that router going. It isn't too hard. :ermm::LOL:

Ross

Wow... good news for you smoke breathers! I'm happy for you. To quote Dorothy - "There's no place like home" :)

Me, I'm trying to count up the good news versus the bad for my last 24 hour roller coaster ride.

Last night, 7pm, my phone screamed about a tornado coming and if I see bad weather approach take cover. Well, I was too busy soothing my scalded hand when I spilt my coffee on because the phone startled me have to death.

8pm, Henrietta chicken did not come home to roost. Thought I'd seen a fox earlier.

11pm, Chatton cat did not come in for the night, with thunder and lightning plus sudden squalls swirling around.

7am, Chatton nor Henrietta have still not turned up.

7:45 both Henrietta and Chatton appear. :)

8:45 Dr appointment was good (was worried as it was originally supposed to have been a phone call, but was changed to 'come in please') :)

9:45 Walked right into Xray, no waiting, took longer to undress and dress and was outta there! :)

10:10 While passing by where my horse now lives suddenly decided to go see him, miss him so much, cried all the way home. I don't go to see him often as I'm usually upset for a couple of days and he certainly doesn't miss me!

1 pm - received a text from my son that this is Sadie dogs' last day as cancer is getting the better of her (she's 13). Sobbing again. I babysat her so often she was part of my family too.

3 pm - he sent me a picture of Sadie with the two kids. More Sobbing. :(

4pm - received call from Dr office that cortizone injection can be done at same XRay office was at this morning. Good news, will be much faster than hospital. :)

Don't know if the good outweighs the bad but I'm totally exhausted. Sure would like that glass of wine waiting for me in the fridge BUT I'm back on the wagon :glare: and will have to find a recipe to use it in. sigh..

Had too many icons - removed all the 'sad's

Geez dragn, you've had a hell of a lousy day. I hope everything is much better when you get up on Tuesday. Or Wednesday. Or whenever. I'd probably hide under the covers for a day or two. Hope your hand is all better, too.

Thank you Taxy and CG ... so far so good!

Following is sort of relevant when I've had a bad day...

Attachments

• tweety.JPG
    tweety.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 47
Jeannie received a message which Karen sent last night.

The only smoke smell was in her garage, none in the house.. :)

Ross

So glad to see Karen is home. :)

The garage is petty, what do we park in them that aren't stinky?
Open it up let it air out on it's own.
Were all ok here. Doesn't look like were going to be evacuated.
The AQI has lowered considerably 108. Not good for some. It's better than it was last week. I can breathe and not feel sick. It was tiring.

I'm able to open up the house and let that cool air in.

Dragon,
The wagon can wait. Nobody here is judging you.
I wouldn't let them anyways.

It would be completely understandable.

I hope everyone is feeling better today. :angel:

Munky.

So glad to see Karen is home. :)

The garage is petty, what do we park in them that aren't stinky?
Open it up let it air out on it's own.
Were all ok here. Doesn't look like were going to be evacuated.
The AQI has lowered considerably 108. Not good for some. It's better than it was last week. I can breathe and not feel sick. It was tiring.

I'm able to open up the house and let that cool air in.

Thank you.. :)

Happy to see that things seems to be settling down in the area..

Ross

Back
Top Bottom