What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am relaxing on the porch of our cabin in the woods while DH takes Stryder for a walk. Here are some pictures.
20201120_173048.jpg2020-11-21-11-50-56.jpg

I'm going to do some baking today. I've been coordinating visitors for Mom the last couple of days and my kitchen is pretty empty.

I also discovered that Costco is now same day delivery. That's scary but exciting all at once. Might be doing that shortly too...

How lovely GG!

What a nice retreat! and the perfect time of year!
I wish we had thought about it earlier, when there would still be some fall color here. We don't get much where we live.
Looks like a great place for a getaway. Enjoy it.
Thank you [emoji2]
Nice cabin, GG. That certainly isn't roughing it!

And that darned cabin has more kitchen cabinets than our house...
Nope! No tent camping for me! [emoji16]

These cabinets are mostly empty, though.

So this was not supposed to happen. DH got sudden severe abdominal cramps and began sweating profusely. It didn't get better, so I drove him to the nearest hospital ER 20 miles away. They won't let anyone except patients in there, so I'm waiting here at the parking lot for an update. I need good thoughts, please.

So this was not supposed to happen. DH got sudden severe abdominal cramps and began sweating profusely. It didn't get better, so I drove him to the nearest hospital ER 20 miles away. They won't let anyone except patients in there, so I'm waiting here at the parking lot for an update. I need good thoughts, please.

Just what you guys did not need. Here's hoping it's a minor issue. Our thoughts are with you.

Thank you, Andy. Turns out it's a hernia. They don't know yet whether he will need surgery. This will be the first time in more than 30 years DH has not had my lasagna on his birthday.

Who's idea was it for your DH to be gifted with a hernia? [emoji15] I hope his troubles are resolved quickly and he isn't a difficult patient for you. (((Hugs))) to you both.

Thank you again, friends [emoji813]

DH does not do well with pain meds - they lower his blood pressure. So the docs decided that it would be best to operate this evening rather than try to control his pain overnight. The surgeon called me and said he's doing well and will be released in the morning <big sigh>

I'm going to book a hotel room for tomorrow night so he can recover some before we leave for home. It's about a three-hour drive.

Nasty turn for the weekend but a better ending.

GG, so sorry things went awry. Have a safe drive home.

Sent some dragonettes to help you on the way.

I am relaxing on the porch of our cabin in the woods while DH takes Stryder for a walk. Here are some pictures.
View attachment 44130View attachment 44132

Stryder? Watch Lord of the Rings much? Or is that a coincidence? LOL

Thank you again, friends [emoji813]

DH does not do well with pain meds - they lower his blood pressure. So the docs decided that it would be best to operate this evening rather than try to control his pain overnight. The surgeon called me and said he's doing well and will be released in the morning <big sigh>

I'm going to book a hotel room for tomorrow night so he can recover some before we leave for home. It's about a three-hour drive.
Beautiful cabin GG.

So sorry about DH. Glad he's dong well. Safe trip home. {{Hugs}} and prayers.

I'm sitting here thinking about a game plan for when to start holiday meal prepping.

Back
Top Bottom