What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm trying to talk myself out of or into tackling 30 yards of fabric that was delivered yesterday. It's some I ordered from fabric.com to make window treatments for my studio. I stumbled across this site a couple of years ago when I was looking for fabric to make a dozen napkins for a holiday meal. Their prices and selection are both better than anything I can find here, plus after $35 shipping is free, so are returns, and no tax is charged for my state. And...instead of getting 36-inch yards, they measure fabric at 37 inches. On my 30 yard order, I received nearly a whole yard at no cost. Yeah!!!!

I'm excited about it and I'm not sure I should start such a huge project right now. But....the fabric is awesomely beautiful and I love it and can't wait to see it up on the windows. When I saw it, I just fell in love with it and, best of all, it was only $3.50 per yard. It's a Robert Allen, which I knew would be good quality and I wasn't disappointed. The colors, for real, are a little more subdued. Not quite as vivid as in the link.

Click on this link, then click on "enlarge image" to see the fabric. It's full of super colors and it will be nice and cheerful during the dreary months.

One window span is over 10' and there are two others that are about 4' each. That much area can eat up fabric fast and I ordered extra so I can make matching covers for my sewing machine and other equipment.

Once I get everything finished, Glenn won't be able to get me out of there.

Oops! I think I've talked myself into the project. Well, maybe a sewing machine cover or three.:angel::angel:

Last edited:
Katie, the link took me to a home page with lots of fabrics and I couldn't see where to "enlarge image". But all their stuff looks really colourful and fun!

I am happy for you that you have your studio!

Katie, the link took me to a home page with lots of fabrics and I couldn't see where to "enlarge image". But all their stuff looks really colourful and fun!

I am happy for you that you have your studio!

That's strange because every time I click on it, it goes right to the page of the fabric I selected.

If you're still interested, just search for Robert Allen Jacquard Damask Carlana Jewel.

Katie, what a great site. Everything is so colorful. It amkes you wnat to do projects. Good luck with your studio. :yum:

Getting ready to grind the remaining whitetail venison from this past winter and looking forward to receiving a large bifold Saddleback brand wallet. My 30+ year old wallet which cost about $5 was long overdue for replacement. Including shipping, I paid $65 for the new wallet. Got sucked into buying it after reading a recent A.G. Russell catalog.
I'm afraid cash will be banned before the new wallet wears out.

Getting ready to grind the remaining whitetail venison from this past winter and looking forward to receiving a large bifold Saddleback brand wallet. My 30+ year old wallet which cost about $5 was long overdue for replacement. Including shipping, I paid $65 for the new wallet. Got sucked into buying it after reading a recent A.G. Russell catalog.
I'm afraid cash will be banned before the new wallet wears out.

You probably don't have to worry about that (no more paper money) if it works out anything like the "paperless office" that they bragged/warned about a few years back.

Justplainbill's post inspired me to do a bit of net searching for a wallet for Stirling. He has some pretty stringent requirements and we haven't been able to find anything that meets all of them.

I can't believe anyone makes a wallet with only three credit card slots nowadays. I have 14 cards before I start counting the credit cards. That doesn't count the two library cards I want to have again.

So the PT worker and the mechanic just left with my new scooter. It is a bit bigger and goes a lot faster than my present one. It will take some adjusting to. But I love it. It has all the bells and whistles. Even a headlight and backup lights for going out to the store at night. I LOVE it. It takes a lot to get me excited about something. I tend to stand back and look at something with a critical eye first. My present one has been outlawed by Medicare as unfit for nighttime use. And it has too many hazards for safe use. My coat was always getting caught on the controls and it would take off on me. I am doing a happy dance!!! I may just burst into singing Latin hymns. :angel::angel::angel: My choir.

Justplainbill's post inspired me to do a bit of net searching for a wallet for Stirling. He has some pretty stringent requirements and we haven't been able to find anything that meets all of them.

I can't believe anyone makes a wallet with only three credit card slots nowadays. I have 14 cards before I start counting the credit cards. That doesn't count the two library cards I want to have again.

I've never made a purchase to this company but they warranty the wallets for 100 years!
Maybe something here? Leather Wallets, Passports and Business Card Holders

100 Year warranty? Now that is impressive. I stop carring a wallet years ago. Just one less thing I had to carry in my purse. I have a somewhat small Coach purse that I received as a gift. It has so many zippers (too many) in it, that it serves as a wallet in itself. When I first received it, I wasn't too impressed. "I can't fit anything in that." I have to carry my nitro, inhaler and a few other things with me at all times. Everything fits just fine, as I found out. There is a place for my cards. I never carry my credit cards with me unless I know I am going to use them. Then only the one I will be using.

Good luck on finding just the right wallet. They look so professional. :)

What are Stirling's requirements? I've seen lots of wallets because Shrek has a fetish for ordering them...

What are Stirling's requirements? I've seen lots of wallets because Shrek has a fetish for ordering them...
Hmmm, let's see if I can remember it all. Got to have room for lots of cards; two sections for paper money (e.g., for two currencies); has to have a coin section; and it has to fit in his back pocket; needs to have at least one extra section for receipts, loyalty clip cards, etc. I think that's it. When I say lots of cards, I mean he needs room for 12-14 cards minimum. He doesn't need room for photos.

We went to a role playing game tonight. Driving in Montreal is a real PITA at the moment. The Ville Marie tunnel got flooded in a torrential downpour earlier in the week and is closed so they can drain it. It's part of the highway I usually take to get there. Because it was closed, the other East-West highway, the Trans-Canada highway, was backed up, even more than usual for "rush" hour. It took an hour and a half to drive 30 kms (less than 19 miles). I also hit pot hole, because the traffic didn't let me play dodgem around it.

Coming home was equally frustrating and took about an hour for 33 kms at 22h. We had to take a longer route home because the annual "Tour de Nuit" (night time bicycle marathon) was taking place and lots of streets were blocked off. The detour took us through downtown with all the Friday night traffic. We also had to make sure we avoided the nightly demonstration. Oh and there were detours in both directions due to construction. Great fun.

Last edited:
Hmmm, let's see if I can remember it all. Got to have room for lots of cards; two sections for paper money (e.g., for two currencies); has to have a coin section; and it has to fit in his back pocket; needs to have at least one extra section for receipts, loyalty clip cards, etc. I think that's it. When I say lots of cards, I mean he needs room for 12-14 cards minimum. He doesn't need room for photos.

I'll check the stack of catalogs and keep it in mind while I'm out and about.

So here it is Saturday. I actually slept the whole night through. Something I haven't done in weeks. I woke up around 7 a.m. and paid all my bills except writing out my rent check. Cooked up a couple of chicken thighs for Teddy Bear. Took care of some trash baskets, and am feeling just fine for a change.

I just looked out the window. It is pouring out and there is a landscaping truck out there unloading their mowers and other equipment. Uh oh! Sounds like they are mowing our property. Have they lost their mind? In pouring rain? The blade is going to be getting clogged continuously.

Yesterday the Physical Therapy Department and the salesman showed me my new scooter. I love it. It does go much faster then my present one and will travel further. I should have it by the end of the month. I am so excited.

Yesterday I had a heart incident that scared me. All of a sudden my heart started to race. I put the cuff on and checked it. My heart rate was 127. And instead of having pain in just a small spot on my arm like I usually do, there was pain in the whole upper part of my arm. I was going to call 911, but I hesitated because I didn't want to jeopardize the eye surgery. I remembered that in previous episodes as soon as the fire department (the first to respond) put the oxygen on me, I was all right. So I sat still and started to take in some very deep breaths. I also took a shot of liquid nitro. Within a couple of seconds the pain subsided and it took about five minutes for the racing heart beat to get back to normal. I have an appointment with the anesthesia doctor on the 7th. I will mention this episode to him. He may just nix the surgery. But that is something I will have to live with. The eye team does not like to work on a patient that has had a heart attack in the past year. And I think this is what I had. A mild heart attack. I have had one before that felt just like yesterday. Only that time I did call 911. All the time this was going on, I had the phone in my hand for "just in case" I needed to call 911.

Yesterday confirmed my worries. I am nervous about them putting a needle in my eye to numb it. That is my biggest worry. I know they will put drops in first to numb it and I will be medicated. but will I be medicated enough to be calm? Will I be so nervous that it will bring on another episode like yesterday? :)

(((Hugs Addie)))

The second thing you are supposed to do if you have a heart attack, after calling 911, is unlock your door, so the paramedics can get in. You might be unconscious by the time they get there. I don't know if that is relevant in your case. Can they get the key from reception or someone else?

Sending healing vibes in your direction and keeping my fingers crossed for your good health.

(((Hugs Addie)))

The second thing you are supposed to do if you have a heart attack, after calling 911, is unlock your door, so the paramedics can get in. You might be unconscious by the time they get there. I don't know if that is relevant in your case. Can they get the key from reception or someone else?

Sending healing vibes in your direction and keeping my fingers crossed for your good health.

The front door lock on my building is the same on all elderly housing buildings. It is the same key the mailman has to enter as our mailboxes are inside. The fire department (the first responders) and the paramedics all have that same key. They also have the key to hold the elevator on the floor so no residents can call it to their floor during an emergency. As for my door, maintenance has a master key along with management to my apartment. But I have claustrophobia really bad. As a result, my door is never locked. Just thinking about it brings on a sense of panic. :ohmy:

I'm about to head out to a "Grundlovsdag" (Danish for constitution day) celebration. It's being organized by the three Danish clubs here in Montreal. It should be fun. Smoked salmon, steak, dessert, snaps, & beer included.

Now, let's see what Montreal traffic has in store for me. I'll probably get there a half hour early. :rolleyes: Well, that's better than getting there late and having to hunt for a parking spot in the rain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom