What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMG_6467.jpg
Done.

This was supposed to be an October birthday present for my wife. Well next time I’ll start in May.

Attachments

• IMG_6467.jpg
    IMG_6467.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
IMG_6467.jpg

I've been on this forum for ever, I still cannot figure out how the picture option works. For some reason I could not add all 3 pictures at the same time.

Last edited:
Good day everyone. I'm planning my Good Friday & Easter menus. I've revised it 3X already.

That really is lovely, Charlie.

msmofet, I love hearing about your holiday menus. I wish I had more people to cook for.

Thank you GG.

When I was a kid we had large holiday family meals/gatherings with many dishes.

Most of my family have passed or move to far away.

My DD's were born after we stopped gathering for holidays.

There are only 4 of us. But I still like to make a large menu but in small portions. I don't make as many courses or dishes as when I was a kid, but I try to make the holidays special.

That's a great looking podium, Charlie! I've never done anything that fancy.

Pepperhead, when you say square head screws, do you mean Robertson screws, the ones with a square socket?
That is a truss head square drive screw, and the square drive is the same as the Robertson screw - the original patent holder for the square drive, but that's long gone, before I was even woodworking! I have seen the name occasionally, but usually see just square drive now. The truss head refers to the rather broad head of the pan head screw, to help hold things like the drawer slides on.

That's a great looking podium, Charlie! I've never done anything that fancy.

That is a truss head square drive screw, and the square drive is the same as the Robertson screw - the original patent holder for the square drive, but that's long gone, before I was even woodworking! I have seen the name occasionally, but usually see just square drive now. The truss head refers to the rather broad head of the pan head screw, to help hold things like the drawer slides on.

I guess it's because Robertson was Canadian that they are usually called that, here in Canada. I was wondering if you maybe meant a screw with a square, as opposed to round, head.

Thank you everybody for complements, but now I’ll have to work even harder to make sure those compliments are truly deserved. [emoji6]

In trying to wrangle my laundry monster, I tripped and face-planted against an old dresser stored in the basement. Ow. Prior to that, we had gone furniture shopping....not for a dresser!

Back
Top Bottom