What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just came back from standing in a line for about and hour and a half, waiting to order Hawaii-Style Plate Lunch from a Food Truck here.
Today was their Grand Opening and I had read about them in the local Newspaper and was quite excite.
It was so nice to be out doors, chatting with other like-minded folks, loving Hawaii's food!
There was even live entertainment!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N69-KVJ3TGU

Behind me was a Mom & Son who had been driving past, saw the Food Truck (we don't have but a handful in town) and saw the line, decided to stop to check it out. They had never tried Hawaiian Food before and really want to give it a go. I enjoyed sharing the food culture of Hawaii with them.
As it turned out, they ran out of food and I was to be last last customer served.
I couldn't let them leave after all that time, empty handed ... I gave up my que to them.
As we say in Hawaii, Live Aloha.

It is 8:45 pm and I am trying to do my evening stretches. They usually help me get to and stay asleep. Though these past few nights I have been coughing or having anxiety attacks.

I am also getting a kick out of Miley who is lying beside me on her office mat. She is passing gas in her sleep and the noise and smell are waking her ever so slightly and then she goes back until the next one!

I

I am also getting a kick out of Miley who is lying beside me on her office mat. She is passing gas in her sleep and the noise and smell are waking her ever so slightly and then she goes back until the next one!

Haha, this reminded me of our Keena, an almost 90 pound golden lab/malamute mix. As she got to middle age started having some digestive issues. As part of the results, she would pass gas and it was literally a room clearer. She'd be sleeping, then all of a sudden jump up and leave the room, then we'd realize why. Fortunately, the gas issue was mostly solved with a change in food.

She is passing gas in her sleep and the noise and smell are waking her ever so slightly and then she goes back until the next one!

.... she would pass gas and it was literally a room clearer. She'd be sleeping, then all of a sudden jump up and leave the room, then we'd realize why.

Too funny! Maya would pass wind, jump up and look around behind her. Now she just stays put and looks behind her and down! Yeah, sure Maya, it is the floor squeaking.

But while we're on the subject...

While out riding, I suddenly passed wind, a bit loud and it certainly reverberated against the saddle. My horse spooked! I started to laugh so hard I almost peed. Thank goodness I didn't come across any other riders at the time.

Procrastinating before mowing the lawn and getting lunch started for the kids.
Waiting on the Dodger game to start while pondering forgetting all the above and go get a Bloody Mary from a local dive bar.

Todays bartender either comes in like Gina the supermodel runway fashion show star, or she'll dress like Miss Kristin the librarian.

Manager on Duty today, handed out candy like the flipping Easter Bunny, had a shrimp dinner in town and now home wishing it was time for bed.

Unpacked more than 10 boxes of China Cabinet goodies. Somehow the cabinet looks a bit empty. Am I missing a box? Oh lordy...

am tired, grumpy, my neck hurts, my eyes are sore, my hands are dry from all the paper wrappings, starting to get a headache....

But all's good - cause I just poured another glass of wine and there is still one more glass in the bottle :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Serviced all the batteries on all our vehicles.
Filled the windshield washer reservoirs.
Washed the windows.
Fed the dog.
Wife walked in from work so I bent an ear and listened to her takes.
Mowed the front lawn.
Ran the weed eater on the back lawn.
Concluded that the cheap-o Walmart weed killer works the same as Round up on severe tough weeds at 1/4 the cost.
Sprayed a few more emerging tumbleweeds.
Gave the cat a treat.
Planned lunch and dinner.
Lunch: Burnt meatloaf on rye,
Dinner: Shrimp scampi.

Heading to a local dive bar for a glass of white Zin and give this cool shirt to a retired MLB friend for his birthday:
CLM2-CHAR-1.jpg

Last edited:
Another day of get up, get ready for work. Get to work, finish what's on my plate for the day before morning meeting. Hopefully next month will have me working some full days.

Walking the dog through the nearby wilderness waiting on the wife to roll up to the house.
Ours is a German Shepard. Several old TV series were filmed nearby that featured German Shepard's.

So not unusual to encounter people that claim their German Shepard is related to the old TV star dogs.

See all kinds of wildlife out there:

9eIsbkT.jpg

I just finished putting away everything that came in our grocery basket. All of the greens and some other stuff is grown hydroponically in urban, rooftop gardens. I thought I would give tatsoi a try. I received two smallish plants. I put one in the fridge and planted the other one in a pot near my patio door. I also planted the sorrel that came with that order.

I filled in the form to tell Lufa Farms that there was an issue with my order. Not only did they forget to include my wholewheat baguette, they sent me dandelion greens instead of young rainbow chard. At least, I think it's dandelion greens. It's definitely not chard. I have to fill in that form every once in a while. They have been very good about giving me a credit. They even say in the response box that if you got something you didn't order, it was probably a mistake and just keep it, no charge.

The regular Nathan’s hot dogs we’re miss-packaged in the bun length skinless wrapper.
I sent the #’s and they sent me $15 in coupons.

Lunch today in Scorpion Bay.

Attachments

• 29692054-8B2C-4634-88AF-466C36B4F101.jpg
    29692054-8B2C-4634-88AF-466C36B4F101.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 06BC85F2-9D13-46C2-9119-EBC95ACBCCFA.jpg
    06BC85F2-9D13-46C2-9119-EBC95ACBCCFA.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 3F1644A0-56AF-4297-B050-48B9C3C8D521.jpg
    3F1644A0-56AF-4297-B050-48B9C3C8D521.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 45
  • DF9DD825-41D1-4103-8565-0D88C85B4070.jpg
    DF9DD825-41D1-4103-8565-0D88C85B4070.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 50
Looked out the window of the RV and saw this then helicopters landed around us and fire crews rolled into camp

Attachments

• DA93E97D-9CAA-4D0A-B33F-95654FE5034A.jpg
    DA93E97D-9CAA-4D0A-B33F-95654FE5034A.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 40
  • DA43A714-E904-4324-8090-339E0B601D94.jpg
    DA43A714-E904-4324-8090-339E0B601D94.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 45
Choking out my DH .. that is to say, I'm making home canned
Three Bean Salad for my Mother, and the aroma of cooking
Vinegar is killing him! Gaggin' chockin' coughin' wheezin'
"Whatever you're making please don't make it again?"
I hates the smell of Vinegar and I do have to say that
it is quite heady in the house.

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

Mom is gonna love this!

Choking out my DH .. that is to say, I'm making home canned
Three Bean Salad for my Mother, and the aroma of cooking
Vinegar is killing him! Gaggin' chockin' coughin' wheezin'
"Whatever you're making please don't make it again?"
I hates the smell of Vinegar and I do have to say that
it is quite heady in the house.

View attachment 46794

View attachment 46795

Mom is gonna love this!

I love 3 bean salad. Looks excellent.

Attachments

• 88BDB0A3-4EDC-400E-8B51-E94EDC2951CC.png
    88BDB0A3-4EDC-400E-8B51-E94EDC2951CC.png
    19 KB · Views: 49
For the past few days, I've been limited at doing anything - including being online. So I have been deciding what I will do when I CAN do more...like maybe tomorrow. I think I want to revisit some Asian dishes. I've been craving teriyaki salmon, summer rolls, and cake. I really want some cake. Today, I gathered ingredients for the first two items...but not cake.

Back
Top Bottom