"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-31-2013, 12:50 AM   #16161
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Cat, I hope Mama is feeling better soon. With Pneumonia, she will be tired for a very long time. It was several months before I was back to my old self.

Be careful with your stitches. You won't be any good to anyone if you hurt yourself.

I think what I have is just a bad cold as I don't have a fever at all. I've had it since Christmas Eve. Yesterday I felt very good, but I had a bad night of coughing last night and today I feel congested again. I hope my husband doesn't get it.
Oh no, Carol. I'm sorry. Thank you for your kind words for Mamma and me. Three did tear, but another doctor at the hospital took those out and made bigger ones for me when he saw the back of my shirt all red and asked what was wrong.

I hope this is just a bad cold, for I have heard awful things of the flu, and I do so hope your husband doesn't become ill.

With love,
~Cat

Old 12-31-2013, 12:53 AM   #16162
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
TB has the flu also.

Andy, hope you are better soon.
Oh no Laurie! I'm so sorry. You and TB are in our thoughts and prayers.

With love,
~Cat

Old 12-31-2013, 01:28 AM   #16163
Cook

I just got off the phone with Mom. She threw her boyfriend out, finally! He's gone!! He packed his stuff and went today. I was really worried about Mom making the bills, but she managed to save a bunch of money so she's ok.

She just paid the last payment of her mortgage off yesterday and the house is hers now. This frees up about five hundred bucks for her.

One of her good friends from college is moving in, my godmother. Her husband died in 2012 and she finally sold her house. Mom and her have been through lots of stuff and so shes moving in with Mom and they're gonna split the utilities and property taxes.

Mom's gonna be ok now. She's got her friend there who's got a real good job and neither one of them have a bunch of baggage bills Mom had to deal with like credit cards from her boyfriend.

Mom said the first thing she'll do because she got freed up of $500 from the mortgage is to get a better car. She said with some savings, and her real good credit she's gonna buy a car that's only a couple years old. Right now she has a 1999 Subaru Legacy, and she wants a newer Outback.

I got my Christmas presents in spades, y'all! Cat's wearing my ring, Mom's gonna be ok now and that man is gone.

I saw Cat's posts here, and I hope all of y'all get better. This cold is kicking my tail and I'll be thinking of y'all too. I hate that y'all are having to go through a bunch of health problems. That's not fair.

Cat just opened a bottle of sparkling grape juice, and we're gonna drink a toast to y'all and we hope y'all get better.

Carl
Old 12-31-2013, 01:37 AM   #16164
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
That's great news about your mom getting rid of that boyfriend.

Hope you get over your cold quickly.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:49 AM   #16165
Chef Extraordinaire

Cat, please make sure your Mama gets plenty of fluids in her. A lot of chicken soup is just what she needs. Mostly the broth. You don't want to be giving her heavy meals at this time. Make sure something to drink is right next to her and encourage her to take small sips constantly. A straw wouldn't hurt right now either.

Also, try to make her give little coughs throughout the day. It will encourage her lungs to rid themselves of the fluid. Most of all make sure she gets plenty of rest and sleep.

I am glad you have become friends with your parents. When that happens, you know you have grown up. Mama is going to be fine with the great care you are giving her.

And I am happy that Carl has resolved his problems regarding his Mom. Sounds like things are really working out for everyone.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #16166
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Two more work days. They changed the time of my surgery to 7:30 am...no waiting as I am the first in. By the time Mom starts to worry about it, it will be all over. This is a good thing. Shrek is more keyed up than I am.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #16167
Chef Extraordinaire

Cat and Carl, I'm sorry you've been sick, but glad that you and your parents will be starting the new year with positive circumstances. Take care.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:47 AM   #16168
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Two more work days. They changed the time of my surgery to 7:30 am...no waiting as I am the first in. By the time Mom starts to worry about it, it will be all over. This is a good thing. Shrek is more keyed up than I am.
Now I have to get up early to worry about you!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #16169
Certified Pretend Chef

This cold I'm getting is so slow to get started. I've been feeling like it's going to hit me hard when I get up in the morning, but when I get up, it's not happening. This happened to me last year too. It took a long time to get started, came and went but a cough lingered for a long time after.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:31 AM   #16170
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post

Now I have to get up early to worry about you!
+1!!