"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #16181
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Best of luck with the surgery PF and heal quickly.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #16182
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Cat, please make sure your Mama gets plenty of fluids in her. A lot of chicken soup is just what she needs. Mostly the broth. You don't want to be giving her heavy meals at this time. Make sure something to drink is right next to her and encourage her to take small sips constantly. A straw wouldn't hurt right now either.

Also, try to make her give little coughs throughout the day. It will encourage her lungs to rid themselves of the fluid. Most of all make sure she gets plenty of rest and sleep.

I am glad you have become friends with your parents. When that happens, you know you have grown up. Mama is going to be fine with the great care you are giving her.

And I am happy that Carl has resolved his problems regarding his Mom. Sounds like things are really working out for everyone.
Thank you, Addie! Mamma does love water and she's drinking a lot of it. The stuff in her lungs sounds looser today and she's coughing some of it up.

Papa and DA are still well, thank goodness! Papa's starting to talk to me about his businesses also and about financial things. He's so very smart!

With love,
~Cat

Old 12-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #16183
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Like when you play the Raiders

A win is a win. The snow just makes it more exciting.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #16184
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
A win is a win. The snow just makes it more exciting.
You know I thought of that game Sunday when Aarron Rogers' arm was grabbed and he fumbled, creating that weird TD play. I said, if this was last year they might have called the tuck rule
Old 12-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #16185
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
You know I thought of that game Sunday when Aarron Rogers' arm was grabbed and he fumbled, creating that weird TD play. I said, if this was last year they might have called the tuck rule

I saw that play. Rodgers sort of wandered over to his teammate and whispered to him to pick up the ball and run. At least one guy was paying attention.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #16186
Executive Chef

Right now I am 5 days into an 11 day house, dog and cat sitting job about 15 miles north of town. I came into town to the house site to select the color of the switch plates. The plastering, with the color coat, is about half way completed.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #16187
Certified Cake Maniac

I am making "fireworks" out of LED motion icicle lights for TB's New Years light and music show. So far he has done Halloween, Christmas and now New Years. I told him fine, I am glad he has a hobby finally....but HE has to find a place to store all the lights and light pieces (a polar bear, two trees, shooting star, angel, etc.).

We really bond as a couple because he is very logical and technical while I am the creative one. When he said the stars couldn't be done with the new icicle strings, I looked on my desk, found a "dead" CD and taped it onto the center to hold the weight. It works like a charm and the programmed choreography he did on the lights is awesome! He used Auld Lang Syne, Firework (Katy Perry) and The Final Countdown!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #16188
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm trying to get motivated to make some pie crust, so we can have tourtière for supper tonight.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #16189
Chef Extraordinaire

I am watching movies.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #16190
Executive Chef

Quote:
I just got home from a drive into the city. It is BRUTAL out there. Zero visibility and maybe 25 yds when you can see. Gotta love the idiots driving without lights.

People seem to think that if they can see, they're OK. They don't stop to think that you have to be able to see them, too!