What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie said:
The front door lock on my building is the same on all elderly housing buildings. It is the same key the mailman has to enter as our mailboxes are inside. The fire department (the first responders) and the paramedics all have that same key. They also have the key to hold the elevator on the floor so no residents can call it to their floor during an emergency. As for my door, maintenance has a master key along with management to my apartment. But I have claustrophobia really bad. As a result, my door is never locked. Just thinking about it brings on a sense of panic. :ohmy:

I've heard multiple stories of people who live in apartment buildings (or were going back to a friend's apartment) waking up in the wrong apartment after having too much to drink. One woke up on the couch before the apartment's resident woke up and snuck out without anyone being the wiser, and the other woke up laying on the floor of the bathroom with someone pounding on the door. Luckily for her, the guy in the apartment was just concerned that she was ok. Anyway, that's what you not locking your door made me think of :)

This is what I did this morning: neither of my critters seemed too impressed, but it's pretty hard to impress a cat. I'm only going to be here for half a month before I move to a new city, but my kitties aren't used to being locked in, so I just didn't want to do that to them even for a few weeks. Especially when the weather is so nice!

image-34453742.jpg

Thursday afternoon I water walked for 75 minutes in the pool, then went to aqua chi class for 45 minutes. When I woke up friday morning I felt like a truck ran over me. ai trudged through work with a terrible headache & stomachache. I went to bed at 4:30 pm & woke up at 8:30 am. Today I am still feeling a little sluggish. Walking in the pool did not seem to be that much of a work out. It was easy with no sweating I feel like I have drank 2 gallons of water since then, food has no appeal for a change.

I got called into work last night and got home around 10;30 this morning. I'm about wound down and headed for bed for a nap.

Thursday afternoon I water walked for 75 minutes in the pool, then went to aqua chi class for 45 minutes. When I woke up friday morning I felt like a truck ran over me. ai trudged through work with a terrible headache & stomachache. I went to bed at 4:30 pm & woke up at 8:30 am. Today I am still feeling a little sluggish. Walking in the pool did not seem to be that much of a work out. It was easy with no sweating I feel like I have drank 2 gallons of water since then, food has no appeal for a change.
Perhaps because we're couch potato - desk job people, we find that prolonged moderately heavy exercise acts as an appetite suppressant.

justplainbill said:
Perhaps because we're couch potato - desk job people, we find that prolonged moderately heavy exercise acts as an appetite suppressant.

::shrug:: I'm a server and a lot of times when I get off work and I'm physically exhausted nothing sounds good to eat even though I can tell my body needs energy. Don't know the science of it or anything but I know the same thing happens to me, and I'm VERY active. When I'm not running around carrying heavy trays at work, I'm disc golfing, rock climbing, hiking, etc.

I am sitting here working on my embroidery. I am going to have to stop for a short while. I keep nodding off sitting up. Not a good thing. I woke up real early this morning and have kept myself busy doing little things around the apartment. Tiem for a break.

I'm having a cup of tea and watching the petals blow off my hawthorne blossoms. It looks like a swirling snowstorm.

I think I'm going to read a book. I've been watching a lot of netflix lately instead of reading, but I don't have wifi right now, so back to the pages. Probably good for me. Only thing about Netflix is that I can get stuff done around the house while I watch my shows pretty hard to do that while staring at a book lol

Enjoying my day off sunday morning. Watching the queen's jubilation on t.v. DH is making some scones fresh out of the oven,mmmm they smell good with a fresh cup of coffee. I am feeling a little spoiled today.

Just came back from a four-wheeler ride to the back area of our property. Glenn and I and the dog, Harley, rode out to feed the fish in the pond and to enjoy the outdoors.

It's not oppressively hot today and we had a good ride. Even though we've only had an inch of rain in the last two months, the wildflowers are growing and blooming like crazy. All sorts of colors and shapes.

Glenn and I sat on the pond bank for a little while and watched the fish and observed our goofy dog play like a puppy. We were visited by bunches of beautiful electric blue dragonflies. Some of them even sat on my shoulder and arms.

Harley had a good swim in the pond and the fish were gluttons. The water churned with their active feeding.

It was amazing to see how the pond has gone down due to the dryness. It's a two-acre pond and the water level has exposed three feet of the perimeter already. If things continue as they have over the last several weeks, it'll be down another foot in no time.

We just got back from a wake for our grandson's great grandmother. He was outside when we arrived and wanted to take us inside. He announced, Come inside Grampy, there's a dead person in there.

PrincessFiona60 said:
I busy tormenting everyone around me, because I can...

Lol, I'm busy tormenting Rol and the cat, because I can. And because I'm bored. If I were still a kid I'd totally have either been sent to my room to clean it or shoved out the front door to play outside by now.

We just got back from a wake for our grandson's great grandmother. He was outside when we arrived and wanted to take us inside. He announced, Come inside Grampy, there's a dead person in there.

Art Linkletter nailed it when he said " kids say the darndest things!"

I think it is good for them to be a part of the happy and the sad events in life. I am always amazed at what makes an impression on them.

Aunt Bea said:
Art Linkletter nailed it when he said " kids say the darndest things!"

I think it is good for them to be a part of the happy and the sad events in life. I am always amazed at what makes an impression on them.

+1

Waiting for the swarms to vacate the subdivision pool. We have a neighbor who invites his extended family to go swimming, and they never leave.

Thankfully, Kindle has a waterproof cover!

Toasted up thinly sliced whole wheat buns in the oven to use as crackers/chips.
Made some hummus with chickpeas, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pecans.
Ate some,,,mmmmmm.

Sitting here with my window wide open with the outside temps in the low 50's. There is a light breeze blowing into my apartment making it a bit chilly. So I have gotten my blanket out of the storage stool and put it back on my bed. I don't want to close the window. This apartment is getting a good airing out. My son showed up today and cleaned the front of the cabinets and the stove hood along with the outside of the fridge. What a difference. In turn he had a perfectly cooked really thick pork chop stuffed with mushrooms, onions, and garlic galore. It was accompanied with a baked sweet potato. I had to laugh. He left a couple of pieces of pork and half of the potato for me. I left it there and sure enough about a half hour later, he got up to do something and finished it off like I knew he would. He fell asleep in the reading chair and was snoring louder than the TV. I also took a short nap.
So now I will finish reading the rest of my DC mail and then climb back into my bed. I will turn off the computer for the night. Time to get a good rest. :)

Finished polishing, washing, greasing, and putting into storage my fine #5 meat grinder plate. The coarse plate and cutter have been polished. I plan to wash, grease and reinstall the coarse plate and cutting blade tomorrow. I have to treat these parts with TLC because replacements are not available for the 50+ year old Oster Model 516.

Back
Top Bottom