"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-01-2014, 07:34 AM   #16211
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
Looks like there is a whole new group of you to wish a speedy recovery, heal fast and feel better soon. PF especially good wishes for tomorrow.
Thanks Whisk! Only one more sleep.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:38 AM   #16212
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Wwe don't usually get a lot of snow early in the winter. Most of our big storms come later in Jan., Feb. and Mar.
And sometimes April and May!

Old 01-01-2014, 07:54 AM   #16213
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I've always enjoyed Big Band, especially Glenn Miller.
My friends and I killed ourselves dancing to Glen Miller. Now we are lucky to be able to just tap our foot.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #16214
Chef Extraordinaire

Cat, keep Mama coughing and make sure she gets those liquids into her on a regular basis. Keep a box of tissues at hand so she has something to spit into. You don't want her to swallow what she is bringing up. And have a basket close at hand so she can dispose of the tissue. Once use only on the tissues. I am betting that Papa will be giving Mama a proper goodbye when the time comes. (And please stay our to prison!)

It is good that Carl is not having asthma attacks. Stress can easily bring on one. As Carl will tell you.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:58 AM   #16215
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Nobody playing this morning, guess I'll head to work. Long day, doing wrap up before I turn my key in and be gone a month.

I did finally get a lock for my locker so I can stash my desk clutter while I am gone...I'm pretty sure the person using my desk will not want a three legged pig, a cat stapler and a can of Unicorn Meat hanging around.

Then home to wrap up around here. No driving for a week if I remember right. Okay we start taking bets tomorrow how long I can actually stay off of work.
Some one already has the 2 week marker 1/16/14. The doc has me off until 2/3/14.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:18 AM   #16216
Executive Chef

I say "Listen to the doctor." You have the rest of your life to go to work.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #16217
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Nobody playing this morning, guess I'll head to work. Long day, doing wrap up before I turn my key in and be gone a month.

I did finally get a lock for my locker so I can stash my desk clutter while I am gone...I'm pretty sure the person using my desk will not want a three legged pig, a cat stapler and a can of Unicorn Meat hanging around.

Then home to wrap up around here. No driving for a week if I remember right. Okay we start taking bets tomorrow how long I can actually stay off of work.
Some one already has the 2 week marker 1/16/14. The doc has me off until 2/3/14.
Well, if I were a betting woman, 2.5 weeks, you will stop in just to say Hi!. By week three you will be working half days or just staying long enough to help out. Like with lunch. January 28th work be a full working day for you.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #16218
Proud American

Quote:

I understand the cat stapler but the three-legged pig and the can of Unicorn Meat left me worrying about you. Will your surgery fix this?

Addie, we're doing all that. But thank you for reminding us! Mamma is coughing up stuff again today and she had some toast and orange juice for breakfast.

With love,
~Cat
Old 01-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #16219
Senior Cook

Happy thoughts for you PF that today is an easy day and you get all the last minute stuff done before you are off! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning, and hope that everything goes well for you, and mentally sending calming thoughts to Shrek. Looking forward to hearing from you on Friday morning :)

Cat, I hope everyone at your house is starting to feel better! It is especially tough when it is our parents who are sick. My dad was very sick this past summer, I can relate to how worried you are about Mamma Cat. I'm glad papa will call you regularly, he will be missing you and mama cat very much I'm sure!
Old 01-01-2014, 11:24 AM   #16220
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffiffeezz View Post
Happy thoughts for you PF that today is an easy day and you get all the last minute stuff done before you are off! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning, and hope that everything goes well for you, and mentally sending calming thoughts to Shrek. Looking forward to hearing from you on Friday morning :)

Cat, I hope everyone at your house is starting to feel better! It is especially tough when it is our parents who are sick. My dad was very sick this past summer, I can relate to how worried you are about Mamma Cat. I'm glad papa will call you regularly, he will be missing you and mama cat very much I'm sure!
Fooo! That Ogress will be posting tomorrow night and back to work in a week! Along with her three-legged pig and her Unicorn Meat, also!

Thank you, Toffiffeezz! It's very alarming to see Mamma sick. She never gets sick. I'm sorry your dad was sick; it's true about parents. Papa and DA are still well, thank goodness!

I wish this cough would go away. Uck!

With love,
~Cat