"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #16231
Executive Chef

you will be in my thoughts tomorrow, pf. i'm sending along a stash of hugs for you to apply as needed once your surgery is done. can you feel the love that is coming to you from dc? so many dear friends embrace you at this time. feed on that love, pf. we'll see ya friday....

Old 01-01-2014, 04:09 PM   #16232
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
One way or the other, I'll be thinking of you.
Awwwww. Perfect, Andy!

Best wishes, PF, and way to get it over with early, while the surgeons are stll fresh and sufficiently nonshaky and recovered post NYE. We'll be anxiously awaiting news!

Old 01-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #16233
Assistant Cook

Cat has a dry erase board over her desk with all the names of people who need prayers and thoughts. Ogress is written on it in all upper-case green letters. There's other names there too.

We're all here for you too, Ogress!

Lakisha
Old 01-01-2014, 05:49 PM   #16234
Chef Extraordinaire

Always hard work, Andy. Good job replacing the hose.
I've been watching movies all day again. And most of them have had a winter setting.
Coincidence? I think not.
I've got a LOT of snow to move tomorrow. Which was why I gave myself the day off from it today.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #16235
Chef Extraordinaire

No dinner thread yet?
Well I'll post what I am doing here.
I plan on throwing some frozen biscuits in TO shortly and heating up some of that turkey 'n biscuits I made the other day with a side of prime rib bones.
I am loving that TO. That's what I cooked my lobster and cod in last night, and some more cod that I had today for lunch. It's so nice to have an accurate oven, even if it is small.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:01 PM   #16236
Certified Pretend Chef

I moved my regulator clock across the room. I had to remove and reinstall two wall anchors for the clock. Sadly, I don't have any spackle to fill the holes so I'll be making a run to the hardware store tomorrow. On the other hand, we have plenty of paint to touch up the wall.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #16237
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
No dinner thread yet?
Well I'll post what I am doing here.
I plan on throwing some frozen biscuits in TO shortly and heating up some of that turkey 'n biscuits I made the other day with a side of prime rib bones.
I am loving that TO. That's what I cooked my lobster and cod in last night, and some more cod that I had today for lunch. It's so nice to have an accurate oven, even if it is small.
Glad to hear you like the TO. Ours is acting up on occasion so a replacement may be soon in order.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #16238
Assistant Cook

Cat was sitting at her desk when she started coughing and all of a sudden blood gushed out of her nose and it looked like she tried to get up and she said something in Romanian and passed out. Carl called 911 for an ambulance and we held Cat while Carl yelled for her Papa I found her keys in her purse and Carl and her Papa followed the ambulance. She didn't wake up but she was breathing and I could feel her pulse and then her Mamma started to cry when they left and I just found out Cat hasn't slept at at all since her Mamma got sick. She's been staying up watching her Mamma and reading on her Nook and none of us knew it. Carl called and said she woke up in the ambulance and was awake when they brought her in and that's all we know. OMG we're so scared!! Her Mamma said she told her she felt dizzy this morning but it was probably from the cold and don't worry about it. I'm sorry I'm bringing bad news but you should know and I just put Cat's name on the board and I cleaned up the blood and we're waiting to hear from Carl. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from him. So sorry to ruin everyone's New Year day.

Lakisha
Old 01-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #16239
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Tell Cat that we are sending love and healing vibes.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #16240
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Oh, my! Tell Cat to get some rest and take care of herself. She's no good to anyone if she's not well. Sending healing thoughts her way!!!