What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sure hope we hear from CG soon. I know she was up at far too early with the tornado warning. I imagine she is sleeping a bit later today.

We're ok, guys! Didn't mean to worry anyone. I just didn't hop on DC or Facebook right away today. Anyway, any rotation in the storm had broken up before it got close to us. Thankfully, all we had was big thunder rumbles and awesome lightning with not much rain.

And drang is right - we do a fine job of burning the midnight oil. As Himself says, "someone has to wake up the birds". [emoji38]

Forgot to tell you guys the rest of my wasp nest story. The exterminator, Vanessa, came out yesterday afternoon, looked under the porch, and asked me if we had done anything since I made the appointment. When I told her no, she went back to take a picture. She figured that something like a skunk had attacked the nest to eat some. There was a chunk taken out of the side. It also looked like most every egg had hatched and the wasps were gone. Probably. She said I didn't need anything else done... which would have cost me nothing. However, just to be sure, I had her treat the area, figuring $75 was worth it for our peace of mind.

Double PHEW there CG!

Glad you and Himself are okey-dokey, and I agree with you on going head and having Vanessa do her thing.

Never would have thought that any animal would go near a Wasps Nest, but stranger things have happened.
We're seeing oodles of squished Skunks on our roadways here in Cowboyville.

Here in the PNW, we're seeing lots of coyotes out...during the day!! I'm guessing the hot summer has brought them down to populated areas for food and water. At night, you can hear them howling all over the hills. Cadie (the upright one in my photo), refuses to go out front after dark. We have to take her out back and she's quick to do business and return to safety!

Here in the PNW, we're seeing lots of coyotes out...during the day!! I'm guessing the hot summer has brought them down to populated areas for food and water. At night, you can hear them howling all over the hills. Cadie (the upright one in my photo), refuses to go out front after dark. We have to take her out back and she's quick to do business and return to safety!

I guess the coyotes are saying something rude or scary and Cadie can understand it.

Always heard Coyotes on the farm. My dog Maya always wanted to go out and play - howling back to them. Always brought her back in saying she was 'bad' to invite them near my chickens and geese!

Renee Renard did enough damage as it was!

Actually Ginny, I rather imagine that Cadie probably had an up close and personal experience with one that you were unaware of.

In mating season for coyote you will often find them hanging around a female dog enticing them to come and 'play'.

Once while riding with a friend and her dog, this ruddy coyote kept popping in and out of the trail giving Kayla the "come hither" glance over the shoulder. It was all we could do to keep her with us! LOL - left her at home for a while after that.

Actually Ginny, I rather imagine that Cadie probably had an up close and personal experience with one that you were unaware of.

In mating season for coyote you will often find them hanging around a female dog enticing them to come and 'play'.

Once while riding with a friend and her dog, this ruddy coyote kept popping in and out of the trail giving Kayla the "come hither" glance over the shoulder. It was all we could do to keep her with us! LOL - left her at home for a while after that.

Hmmm, personal experience with one? I'm pretty sure that could not have happened. Our dogs are never outside without one of us there too. We live out in the hills with lots of birds of prey and other critters. We've seen a Fisher or two over the years, rare, but there are here. I hear that bear have been spotted around, from time to time, coyotes galore, racoons, opossum, etc. I'm the play it safe type.

I see the signs posted for "lost" kitty or doggie...the Chihuahuas and Doxies, I don't think they are just missing! So, if Cadie met one, she was less than 10 weeks old.

Although, maybe she saw one thru a window, since they are out in the day now? If so, she didn't tell me about it...and she's usually very vocal about anything that moves outside!

I went over to see a friend's new (to him) place today, and I told him to let me know when he needs help with the kitchen or the garden. lol. Seriously, though, he's lucky, as he's now on one level - something that he's never been since I've known him, and he's had both knees replaced. It'll take him a while to get situated, but he's got a good number of friends helping.

While I visited him, I decided to go down to that Lidl store, just past him now. I have been wanting to get there this week, as they have a deal on 4 lbs of sugar for $1.33, which is less than half price. A couple of other deals, but otherwise, I was not impressed with it overall. A little more in their baking section, since it is a little larger; 5 lbs of WW flour for only $2.29, which is a steal, assuming it's good - I'll soon see. And shallots for only $1.99/lb - only places they are this cheap is in the Asian markets. But the produce section overall didn't get my vote, though I will say that I went around dinner time, whereas the Aldi's I always go to in my town right when they open, so it is spotless, or close to it.

IMG_0886.jpg

Making Chunky Apple Sauce.
My Mother has been "ono for" (that's Hawaii-Speak for hungry for)
Chunky Apple Sauce and after tasting her Pumpkin Waffle
the other morning I figured that it would taste

WAY

better topped with this, some whipped cream and chopped Pecans!
:yum:

I only got 1/2 a quart with 6 large Fuji Apples :ermm:
Oh well, I just let this cool and into the `fridge it will go.

IMG_0894.jpg

Spent my afternoon putting together 3 small-ish (about the size of a 1/8 sheet pan) Lasagnas, in Dollar Tree Aluminum pans.
Chicken & Spinach Alfredo (I'm trying this again)
Sweet Italian Sausage with Marinara
Meatless Cheese Only

All of these from a 1 pound box of Noodles, two Sweet Italian Sausages-crumbled and browned; 2 B/S Chicken Thighs-poached and shredded.

These will get stashed into the deep freeze for a later meal. :chef:

Meal planning 101 :LOL:

Last edited:
I am currently finding out that 1 in 5 adults do not wash their hands after using the bathroom! How... repulsive! I think I know of few of those people! They suck!

Reminds me of a joke.

Two guys in a men's room taking care of business. One guy finishes up and heads for the door and the other guy says, "My mother taught me to wash my hands after peeing." To which the first guy replied, "My mother taught me not to pee on my hands."

That reminds me of an incident a friend told me about many years ago, when he saw a manager of some pizza place he often went to come out of a stall in a men's room, and go back into the kitchen without washing his hands. He said he did this, despite a sign up, telling the employees to wash their hands before returning to work! He said that he reported it to their customer service phone center (this was before internet was available most places), and he said that 3 days later they had a new manager, and he never saw the guy again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom