What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I tended bar, I didn't bother washing my hands in the washroom. I just washed my hands in the sink at the bar, where everyone could see that I washed my hands.

When I tended bar, I didn't bother washing my hands in the washroom. I just washed my hands in the sink at the bar, where everyone could see that I washed my hands.

When we have company over for dinner, I wash my hands in the kitchen sink, even though I just washed them in the bathroom. Same reason, so guests are assured?

Kgirl, :LOL: I hear yuh! On the farm, you wash your hands when you come in, you wash your hands before you go to the washroom, after you go to the washroom, after cat pan, horse stalls, chicken coop, goose pens, dog doo-doo,

and then there's the kitchen... bacon fat, egg goo, chicken, pork, beef, fish... list goes on... and it seems one washes between each and every task...

and the garden...

yup - dry and cracked hands - we joke at the gun club that we wash our hands before and after a trip to the bathroom.

learned that one first semester of nursing school. Got to be a joke, if we didn't know an answer we'd say "wash your hands."

laughs and giggles9.jpg

Something funny happened this morning - my 87 year old neighbor called me, and she asked me if I use butternut squash. I told her I do, and I grow them, as well, and asked if she got one in that produce "subscription" her daughter signed her up for (she has given me a number of veggies she didn't want to learn about). She said that was it, and when I saw it, I could tell why she really didn't want to fool with it - it was large, (over 4 lbs I found out when I got it home), and she was having trouble lifting it! She wanted to know what I do with them, but the things I told her about didn't seem like things she would make! She was also sort of intimidated by how hard it was, though I told her than it can be roasted whole, and the soft flesh scraped out, like a sweet potato. And when I told her about the seeds in the one end, though I explained that I rinse those off and use them, that did it - she didn't want to attempt it. I offered her a much smaller one, to roast with a sweet potato, but she wouldn't bite. Then she gave me some of the sweet potatoes - she said it was far more than she would use (I'm guessing it was a 5 lb bag - more than the usual 3 lb). She said she liked giving me these things, for all those tomatoes and cucumbers she gets from me, and I told her I'd soon have some lettuce and greens for her - as usual, I plant far more than I can eat!

Just came back in the house after doing a tiny bit of skygazing. I went out to look at the new moon and noticed a number of "stars". I knew that two were planets; I thought I knew what the third one was. I went into the house to ask Himself. I pointed in the appropriate directions saying "Moon? Jupiter? Saturn? Vega?" He said a generic "yes" after each - except for Vega. He was impressed. I was excited. So excited he said that I was having an astrogasm. [emoji23] He wasn't as impressed when we went back out. Vega wasn't Vega, it was Altair. Hmm, I guess a star is just a star to the untrained. LOL!

LOL, CG, but isn't it great to be able to see the stars!? We can see them here, in the PNW, providing the sky is clear In L.A., rare! Just too many lights. Sigh.

For me, I washing a load of towels. Bathed both pups today, getting them ready for the road!

just came back in the house after doing a tiny bit of skygazing. I went out to look at the new moon and noticed a number of "stars". I knew that two were planets; i thought i knew what the third one was. I went into the house to ask himself. I pointed in the appropriate directions saying "moon? Jupiter? Saturn? Vega?" he said a generic "yes" after each - except for vega. He was impressed. I was excited. So excited he said that i was having an astrogasm. [emoji23] he wasn't as impressed when we went back out. Vega wasn't vega, it was altair. Hmm, i guess a star is just a star to the untrained. Lol!

bahahaha!

Back
Top Bottom