What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
Yup, both the farm (well, maybe not the 2nd floor) and my sons would/will fit in there.

Busy time for you Jon - here's for a great harvest for you.

Catching up on email and watching the other RVers walking while drinking coffee and walking their puppies!

(Oh, man, the folks next to us picked up their new black & tan Coon Hound from their breeder at the dog show! You wouldn't believe the size of his ears! Not sure how he holds up that head!)

Questioning my sanity...

beth, that looks like one massive undertaking. How did you and your DH hold up after your all-day cooking session?

As for me, I just submitted an ad for a garage sale for this weekend. I'm having it Friday and Saturday, but in the afternoon. I know it's more tradition to have them in the morning (and early! :glare: ) but that's just not me. I figure "my sale, my hours". We'll see how it goes. I'm heading the ad "Movingish Sale". I have hopes. I figure we get rid of everything that hasn't been put to use for the last few years - out it goes. Except Himself. He's not much help around here, but I'd probably miss him if he sold. :angel: NordicTrack clothes rack, anyone?

If nothing else, the garage is the cleanest it's been in ages. :LOL: So...if you don't see me around here for the rest of the week, you know I'm either busy beyond belief or dead.

...As for me, I just submitted an ad for a garage sale for this weekend. I'm having it Friday and Saturday, but in the afternoon. I know it's more tradition to have them in the morning (and early! :glare: ) but that's just not me. I figure "my sale, my hours". We'll see how it goes...

CG, my limited experience with yard sales is that the time you post for the sale to start means little. The pros and other early birds will show up EARLY and start poking around in what you've put out.

beth, that looks like one massive undertaking. How did you and your DH hold up after your all-day cooking session?

As for me, I just submitted an ad for a garage sale for this weekend. I'm having it Friday and Saturday, but in the afternoon. I know it's more tradition to have them in the morning (and early! :glare: ) but that's just not me. I figure "my sale, my hours". We'll see how it goes. I'm heading the ad "Movingish Sale". I have hopes. I figure we get rid of everything that hasn't been put to use for the last few years - out it goes. Except Himself. He's not much help around here, but I'd probably miss him if he sold. :angel: NordicTrack clothes rack, anyone?

If nothing else, the garage is the cleanest it's been in ages. :LOL: So...if you don't see me around here for the rest of the week, you know I'm either busy beyond belief or dead.

Wishing you all the best for a great Garage Sale! I don't envy you the task! Before we moved to the PNW, I did a lot of donating and Freecycling. I had been in the house for a few decades and then we inherited all my Mom's stuff and then all my BIL's stuff...let's just say we had a lot of stuff! But, I started downsizing a couple of years before we actually moved. I knew it was going to be monumental. In the end, what didn't fit in the RV, filled 3 moving Pods. As I sorted and boxed, I asked myself, "How much am I willing to pay to store this?" That helped me give up a lot of stuff!

CG, my limited experience with yard sales is that the time you post for the sale to start means little. The pros and other early birds will show up EARLY and start poking around in what you've put out.

Absolutely correct! My SIL had garage sales twice a year and believe me - some even rang the door bell at 6 am - saying "oh I have to go out of town, could I just have a quick look?" duh...

CG, can you modify that ad to say something like, absolutely no early viewing or something? Might make them think twice...and then turn off the doorbell...LOL.

Ginny, we have a lot of "our stuff/Mom's stuff". I moved quite a few things to MA when I spent five years cleaning and fixing up their house in Ohio before we put it on the market. There are very few things that I want to move back that way. 20 years has made a number of things less sentimental and I can finally let go.
Ah, but this time the last line in my ad is "Early birds pay double". It worked for a friend of mine; I hope it works for me. And with a double garage attached to the house, nothing goes outside until I put the door up.

There is a guy around the corner that has early birded when I had a few garage sales in the two thousand and aughts. Rather than be annoying, he was rather helpful - unlike the others. He garage sale picks pretty much to run his own antique site. I have his card. I'll call him when I get everything in the garage so he can shop the day before others. I'm hoping he buys up everything he eyed last time - we had him in our house when he inquired if we had other items and I showed him what goes when we get closer to moving. We really aren't close, but I'm cleaning things out anyway. [emoji38]

Dh? My Dh? He did what he does best...stayed out of my way! Actually his arm is still in a sling from rotor cuff and bicep tendon surgery so he is out of commission. For myself, I slept 10 hours.

Good luck with the yard sale!!!

beth, it sounds like your DH is cut from the same cloth as Himself!

While I am still questioning why I am doing this garage sale thing, I made $215 bucks today on a pre-sale. I called the neighborhood antique picker a couple of days ago and asked if he was still interested in a few things I had. Well, a few things less to sell come Friday!

beth, it sounds like your DH is cut from the same cloth as Himself!

While I am still questioning why I am doing this garage sale thing, I made $215 bucks today on a pre-sale. I called the neighborhood antique picker a couple of days ago and asked if he was still interested in a few things I had. Well, a few things less to sell come Friday!

:clap:
YAY!!!

Back
Top Bottom