What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back from one of the outdoor pools in town with the daughter, Had a wonderfully fun day together.

Finished polishing, washing, greasing, and putting into storage my fine #5 meat grinder plate. The coarse plate and cutter have been polished. I plan to wash, grease and reinstall the coarse plate and cutting blade tomorrow. I have to treat these parts with TLC because replacements are not available for the 50+ year old Oster Model 516.

How did you get your hands on a 50+ y.o. Oster?

I bought it new in the early 1960's, as a Christmas gift, for my then 67 year old Grandmother.

We used this old kind growing up, with the metal gears (gears ?...the parts on the bottom of the canister and the parts coming out of the top of the base).

About 10 years ago someone gifted me with a blender that had 'gears' that were not metal, my son put the canister on the base (and it didn't sit right but he didn't notice), and broke everything off...the gears. I refused to replace it until I found what I wanted.

I looked for at least a year and found an oster with the metal gears in the clearance aisle of a big box store. I bought one for a friend too. It's going on three years, it always fits together just right, runs long and doesn't get hot, the gears are as good as the day I bought it. I recommend oster, and I recommend having metal gears.

(someone will probably have the right word for 'gears')

We used this old kind growing up, with the metal gears (gears ?...the parts on the bottom of the canister and the parts coming out of the top of the base).

About 10 years ago someone gifted me with a blender that had 'gears' that were not metal, my son put the canister on the base (and it didn't sit right but he didn't notice), and broke everything off...the gears. I refused to replace it until I found what I wanted.

I looked for at least a year and found an oster with the metal gears in the clearance aisle of a big box store. I bought one for a friend too. It's going on three years, it always fits together just right, runs long and doesn't get hot, the gears are as good as the day I bought it. I recommend oster, and I recommend having metal gears.

(someone will probably have the right word for 'gears')
Different machine-

Attachments

• Oster516.jpg
    Oster516.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 172
Taking a quick break before aqua chi class. Thank goodness it's busier at work than last week.

Outside loving the San Diego night. Had a great day. Went to the beach. Ate a smoked fish sandwich at fish market. Head to Disney tomorrow.

I just picked up the daughter from day camp. Enjoying some rest & relaxation before tackling the attitic to get ready for our rummage sale in a couple of weeks.

Just made some sweet and sour apricots, now on to some bread then some brownies for the diyalsis gang.
kades

Looking out the window at some dreary weather and thinking I'm a moron for doing a double shift today. Sheesh. All I want to do is pull the covers over my head and go back to bed listening to the rain.

Cleaning out the linen closet and prepping for a neighborhood yard sale later this week. I have never seen so many pillow cases and sheet sets for just 2 beds and a pull-out couch....

i got back from a Participant Meeting of the health plan belong to. It was very productive. A lot of problems got addrressed.

I got up thinking today was my pre-op appointment. Instead it was for the meeting. Tomorrow is the pre-op appt. I have so many things scheduled on my calendar this month that keeping them straight is a nightmare. Different paper work for each.

My doctor needs to get me back on the glipizide fast. My sugars are just too high for my liking. Fortunately I have an appointment nex week with him. :)

Back
Top Bottom