"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #16291
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Not too bad until,I cough! I keep dosing off mid word. I was able to eat

Old 01-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #16292
Master Chef

Hey PF, I told Himself that you'd end up posting tonight! Glad you're here. Don't forget that a pillow pressed up against that tummy will lessen the hurt when you cough. A lesson I learned when I had my c-sec. And a pillow between the knees if you're a side-sleeper. Feel all better real soon. ♡

Old 01-02-2014, 10:31 PM   #16293
Master Chef

The Cavs won? And without Kyrie? Woot!
Old 01-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #16294
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Not too bad until, I cough! I keep dosing off mid word. I was able to eat
You know what to do for that. Hold a pillow against your incision when you cough. It really works. I know. I have four abdominal incisions.

Look at that folks. She is on the road to mend. Already she is complaining.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:37 PM   #16295
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

and incisions itching.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:44 PM   #16296
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
and incisions itching.
Use the pillow and press on them. It helps to stop the itching.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:44 PM   #16297
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
and incisions itching.
Already? That was quick.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #16298
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Already? That was quick.
I think it is the adhesive in the tape.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:37 PM   #16299
Proud American

Hi Ogress! Remember I said she'd posting before Friday! How do you feel? I think they're right about a pillow against your tummy. Mamma made me do that when I had my appendice out and it worked. I have a big body pillow now that I put between my knees and against my chest and I love it! It's also nice for when my breasts become sore once a month.

I'm feeling better. I'm sorry to worry everyone so. Laki's right, I didn't know "rest" meant real "sleep," for I was afraid to sleep with Mamma so sick. I won't do that again! Please do a favor for me -- can we wait until I lose the body aches before I start getting turned over a knee? Ha! It's all fine, I'm not offended.

Thank you all so very much for your thoughts, prayers and hugs. The doctor put me on an antibiotic, Robaxin for the muscle aches and cramps, and more Vicodin. I told him I already had Vicodin and Soma, and he said that was fine but he gave me a little more. I like the Robaxin very much more than the Soma because it doesn't make me feel so very odd. But they certainly like to push painkillers upon you here for every little thing.

I appreciate all of you for giving your support to Laki. I slept nearly all last night and today, and this evening I was able to get up and visit with everyone. I'm drinking water and juice a whole lot more than I was also, and I finally had a meal of some bread and milk and it tasted so very good! With my friends here to help, I can sleep when I want to and I'm not so worried for Mamma. She has better color of her face today and she's doing better. She's hungry. I'm so glad I made so very much soup yesterday for them.

I hope you who are sick are feeling better, and I'm so very glad to see our Ogress back here. Thank you all again, so very much!

With love,
~Cat
Old 01-02-2014, 11:51 PM   #16300
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Hi Ogress! Remember I said she'd posting before Friday! How do you feel? I think they're right about a pillow against your tummy. Mamma made me do that when I had my appendice out and it worked. I have a big body pillow now that I put between my knees and against my chest and I love it! It's also nice for when my breasts become sore once a month.

I'm feeling better. I'm sorry to worry everyone so. Laki's right, I didn't know "rest" meant real "sleep," for I was afraid to sleep with Mamma so sick. I won't do that again! Please do a favor for me -- can we wait until I lose the body aches before I start getting turned over a knee? Ha! It's all fine, I'm not offended.

Thank you all so very much for your thoughts, prayers and hugs. The doctor put me on an antibiotic, Robaxin for the muscle aches and cramps, and more Vicodin. I told him I already had Vicodin and Soma, and he said that was fine but he gave me a little more. I like the Robaxin very much more than the Soma because it doesn't make me feel so very odd. But they certainly like to push painkillers upon you here for every little thing.

I appreciate all of you for giving your support to Laki. I slept nearly all last night and today, and this evening I was able to get up and visit with everyone. I'm drinking water and juice a whole lot more than I was also, and I finally had a meal of some bread and milk and it tasted so very good! With my friends here to help, I can sleep when I want to and I'm not so worried for Mamma. She has better color of her face today and she's doing better. She's hungry. I'm so glad I made so very much soup yesterday for them.

I hope you who are sick are feeling better, and I'm so very glad to see our Ogress back here. Thank you all again, so very much!

With love,
~Cat
Hi ~Cat!

I am certainly glad you are feeling better.

I'm feeling fine, still having some problems with pain. But they are helping me out with that as much as they can. And Shrek forgot my teeth...so I am fairly harmless right now. Hugs, Fiona