What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm finally doing something I have wanted to do for years; dealing with very small garlic cloves before they languish and end up on the compost pile next Spring. This is the first phase of dehydrating any garlic, drying for a few hours to loosen the skins from the flesh.

Attachments

• IMG_3836.jpg
    IMG_3836.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3837.jpg
    IMG_3837.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 31
So, beth, what were you doing with all those small garlic cloves in the first place? Ones you couldn't plant? Are you going to dehydrate them, after getting the skin off?

Last edited:
So, beth, what were you doing with all those small garlic cloves in the first place? Ones you couldn't plant? Are you going to dehydrate them, after getting the skin off?

Those garlic cloves are Red Chesnok and Purple Glazer. I mainly grow German Extra Hardy, which are very large cloves, but I don't want to grow only one variety of garlic. The two red varieties are just small cloves but have excellent flavor. Yes I am going to dehydrate these small cloves and grind them into garlic powder.

Just got back from running an errand ... as I got back into the car to drive home, I noticed some of the beautiful Fall Colored leaves every so gently drifting in the wind.
WOW!
That was amazing!
I'd never seen that before ... `member now, I'm from Hawaii, moved to Southern Arizona where there's not much of that, but here in Northern AZ,
WOW, just wow!

I'm making a batch of Breakfast sandwiches. We'll eat 2 and freeze 4. Using croissants, deli sliced ham, sliced cheddar and I'm baking the eggs in a bun size muffin pan. Yum!

Just got back from running an errand ... as I got back into the car to drive home, I noticed some of the beautiful Fall Colored leaves every so gently drifting in the wind.
WOW!
That was amazing!
I'd never seen that before ... `member now, I'm from Hawaii, moved to Southern Arizona where there's not much of that, but here in Northern AZ,
WOW, just wow!

This is a favorite time of year for me too! The trees and shrubs put on such a show. My very favorite time of year, for my favorite backyard tree:

IMG_5682 (2).jpg

WOW!
That was amazing!
WOW, just wow!

When my aunt moved to AZ (Tucson/Mariana?) from NJ she had everyone/anyone send her fall leaves in the mail the first few years she was there.

This is a favorite time of year for me too! The trees and shrubs put on such a show. My very favorite time of year, for my favorite backyard tree:

View attachment 49555

I love going leaf peeping when I can.

Last edited:
I like looking at those leaves changing, but not cleaning them up.:rolleyes:

Today it was crappy out, so it was an inside day (that will be everyday, soon). I cleaned up some stuff in the kitchen that went into the dehydrator - still more outside, but not much to dry. And I totally cleaned the top of my range - a twice a year thing I do (besides the usual daily cleaning, when I cook things), when I do a major cleaning of the burned on grease, and turn my pilot lights on or off - this time, on. I used something for the first time today on this - one of those "power erasers". Just a little sponge like thing, Mr Clean put out, and a lot of generics out there - I used Dollar General. I use it frequently on other things, and it works great, so I don't know why I never used it for this! It doesn't get off the black burned on oil, that you need oven cleaner for (something I use for my spring cleaning), but it worked great for most of it. That shiny kettle in the photo is at least 10 years old, and the PE keeps that clean easily.
Cleaned range top, and turned the pilot lights back on today. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Not bad for a 38 year old range, either! That thing will outlive me, for sure.

What Are You Doing?

... I'm about to get ready to go out to lunch
with two of my Neighborhood Gal Pals.

Missus Next-Door Neighbor is in dire need
of "Girl Time" and vent about their most
recent adventure in the OR again for Mister's
heart.
We don't have the proper facilities here in Cowboyville,
so they had to go down to the Big City.

There will be wine involved :LOL:;)

I just found a new use for an old product! My "cooktop wipes" make quick work of cleaning the inside of the glass on the new air fryer! Now, I'm thinking they could help cut down on big jobs in the regular oven too. Of course, this likely means that the spray bottle of "cooktop cleaner" could serve a similar purpose with a paper towel instead. I'll have to try it out. The wipes are just so convenient!

It's too muddy for harvest today so sighted in a couple rifles and did some plinking today. Got bit by Purple Haze. That will leave a reminder to keep my big thumb out of the way of the slide. PXL_20211030_152932607.jpgPXL_20211030_161105268.jpg

Back
Top Bottom