"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-03-2014, 08:30 AM   #16311
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
They let PF out already or did she just get her hands near a keyboard? I hope the latter.

Well, at any rate I am thankful the procedure went well. And rest well. No wheel chair races in the hallway today.
The surgery went well, but they had to do extra procedures. So she will be in for a couple of more days than she mentioned originally. So Shrek brought in her laptop.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #16312
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I now consider surgery just a minor inconvenience that interrupts my day.
I never take surgery for granted. Something can go wrong in any surgery. I go into it knowing that I might not come out of it, and that's just God's plan for me. After my colostomy surgery, even the surgeon said he didn't think I'd make it. I was really a mess. I have been told that I take longer than normal to wake up after surgery. Now I tell them that beforehand so they know what to expect.

My friend's son died from surgery for a broken elbow. Look at the young girl in the news who is brain dead as a result of tonsil surgery.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #16313
Executive Chef

Thanks for the update Addie. I just read PF's update in the MIA thread. Good to see over-all it went well.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #16314
Certified Cake Maniac

Well it is sure nice to come here and see that Cat and Fiona are doing well. Keep it up ladies!

I am usually not up this early but had a rough night. Then I got up to see that Violet had been sick twice and was hiding under the table. Poor pup hates being sick or doing her business inside. I was taking her to the vet today anyway for a growth on her leg so at least I know I can get her in.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #16315
Chef Extraordinaire

It wasn't too bad snow blowing this morning. It was only 6F, but it was a "dry" cold, lol. Seriously, the wind wasn;t blowing and that made it nice. And I even got to see the sun come up to semi-blue skies. Right now it is very bright outside. Sunglasses time.
I'll be taking Pierce into the vet here shortly. He has a siezure New Year's Eve. At his age it's hard to say what caused it. Siezures typically start at a younger age.
I hope the idiots aren't out driving today. I want to be the only idiot.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #16316
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thanks for the update Addie. I just read PF's update in the MIA thread. Good to see over-all it went well.
You're welcome Whisk. Glad to help. It seems it has been a busy time for the medical profession.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #16317
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie1945 View Post
Hi Princess,
Glad you are back. I know you are in a lot of pain
Hope it eases up soon. I get my stitches out tomorrow.

Love you
Josie
Thanks Josie, much better today. they took the Patient Controlled narcotics out since I wasn't using it very much. The catheter is out, yay!!!! One IV out. Not hungry, but am drinking lots of water. I am also allowed to go for walks as much as I want. I think I will get a pain pill before I wander off.

I'm glad you are getting your stitches out today! How is your hand and wrist feeling?

Love you more!
Fiona
Old 01-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #16318
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
They let PF out already or did she just get her hands near a keyboard? I hope the latter.

Well, at any rate I am thankful the procedure went well. And rest well. No wheel chair races in the hallway today.
I was thinking frozen turkey bowling.

Shrek brought me the laptop since it wasn't going to be an overnighter. Can't wait to see him this morning.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #16319
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
It wasn't too bad snow blowing this morning. It was only 6F, but it was a "dry" cold, lol. Seriously, the wind wasn;t blowing and that made it nice. And I even got to see the sun come up to semi-blue skies. Right now it is very bright outside. Sunglasses time.
I'll be taking Pierce into the vet here shortly. He has a siezure New Year's Eve. At his age it's hard to say what caused it. Siezures typically start at a younger age.
I hope the idiots aren't out driving today. I want to be the only idiot.
I hope Pierce is okay! Be careful driving.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #16320
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thanks Josie, much better today. they took the Patient Controlled narcotics out since I wasn't using it very much. The catheter is out, yay!!!! One IV out. Not hungry, but am drinking lots of water. I am also allowed to go for walks as much as I want. I think I will get a pain pill before I wander off.

I'm glad you are getting your stitches out today! How is your hand and wrist feeling?

Love you more!
Fiona
OK then. No checking on other patients while you're there.