"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #16331
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Sorry to hear that, pac. Are Pierce and Kimber related or the same breed?
Kimber is my pup and Pierce is 6-1/2 years. Different breeds, different sexes, which should help. Plus they are playmates (now).
There's always that point in a multi-dog household when the youngest grows up and you wonder if they will all still get along. If they only tolerate each other, then a dog having a seizure might be looked at as an opportune time to change or flex rank. They would have to be kept separated.
__________________

__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:45 PM   #16332
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,245
pac, I'm so sorry for you with the sad news about Pierce. Hang in there and give him a scritch behind the ears from me.
__________________

__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #16333
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Will do, CG
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #16334
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Kimber is my pup and Pierce is 6-1/2 years. Different breeds, different sexes, which should help. Plus they are playmates (now).
There's always that point in a multi-dog household when the youngest grows up and you wonder if they will all still get along. If they only tolerate each other, then a dog having a seizure might be looked at as an opportune time to change or flex rank. They would have to be kept separated.

Got it. Thanks for explaining. I misunderstood your earlier post.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #16335
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
pac, I'm so sorry for you with the sad news about Pierce. Hang in there and give him a scritch behind the ears from me.
Ditto. I hope it turns out not to be serious.
__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #16336
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,873
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
When will you know more Pac? I hope it turns out easily treatable.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:42 PM   #16337
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,092
Seizures are so scary. My rescue cockers, that were definitely not from the same litter, both suffered from seizures, both petit and grand mal. A friend's Malamute did too, they had him on medication, it didn't do much good.

Hope Pierce is OK!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:11 PM   #16338
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,017
I have been under the blankets all day. I have the furnace set for 74F. and the dang thing has not shut off all day. I have the blower on high. The Pirate arrived about an hour ago. He was out working most of the day shoveling in this bitter cold. I went out to the kitchen and picked up a spoon. Could not believe how cold the metal was. I finally put a pan of water on the back burner to get some moisture and warm humidity in the air.

The Pirate had five layers on. He was so cold when he arrived. I never thought I would see the day when he would stand there next to the stove with the oven on and strip down to his first layer of long johns while I was standing there. I had a clean blanket that was folded on the chair and he grabbed it and just wrapped himself in it. Then he went and laid down with more blankets.

Will I ever feel warm again?
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #16339
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,873
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I have been under the blankets all day. I have the furnace set for 74F. and the dang thing has not shut off all day. I have the blower on high. The Pirate arrived about an hour ago. He was out working most of the day shoveling in this bitter cold. I went out to the kitchen and picked up a spoon. Could not believe how cold the metal was. I finally put a pan of water on the back burner to get some moisture and warm humidity in the air.

The Pirate had five layers on. He was so cold when he arrived. I never thought I would see the day when he would stand there next to the stove with the oven on and strip down to his first layer of long johns while I was standing there. I had a clean blanket that was folded on the chair and he grabbed it and just wrapped himself in it. Then he went and laid down with more blankets.

Will I ever feel warm again?
Yes.

I've had the space heater on max all day. It's finally up to 21C (70F). I wrapped the heating pad in a blanket and put it on for the cat. He sat on it for a while.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #16340
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
It was in the 30s today, but not nearly as cold as you people. Warm hugs for all you cold people. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{WARM HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
__________________

__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.