"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #16351
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Hi, Hi!! I am home. Had a nap and feel pretty good. It was nice to nap in my bed!
How is Shrek holding up as a CNA on his first private duty case?

I can just hear that little bell ringing!

I'm glad to hear that you are back home and all seems to be going according to plan.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #16352
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Well, that was quick! Glad you're feeling well. I know what you mean about your own bed, and your own purring pillows help, too
Thanks GG! One purring pillow put one paw on my belly. We came up with an alternate plan that worked well for the both of us.

"Quick"? I guess it was, too long for me though. Not sleeping messes with your mind. Those nightshifters are a noisy bunch.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #16353
Executive Chef

glad to hear you made it home already, pf! it being the weekend probably worked in your favor. ain't nothin' like sleeping in your own comfy bed! but beware of colds during this time>>> put shrek on a detail of plugging up all sources of cold air drafts around you. btw, you've got gmail that may have gotten buried or overlooked, during these recent busy days of yours for incomings, pf....
Old 01-04-2014, 08:02 PM   #16354
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
How is Shrek holding up as a CNA on his first private duty case?

I can just hear that little bell ringing!

I'm glad to hear that you are back home and all seems to be going according to plan.

LOL...he happily looked for a bell with me until he realized why I wanted one! No bell Not too bad, so far. I tell him when he's hovering and ask for help when I need it. It's working, so far. At least we always had the habit of him opening doors for me, so I am not finding that smothering. Now we both have a shopping cart when we shop.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:04 PM   #16355
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Watching the original Harry Potter movie, I got Rob the entire 11 disk Blu-ray set (UK version) for Christmas. He was quite excited.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #16356
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
glad to hear you made it home already, pf! it being the weekend probably worked in your favor. ain't nothin' like sleeping in your own comfy bed! but beware of colds during this time>>> put shrek on a detail of plugging up all sources of cold air drafts around you. btw, you've got gmail that may have gotten buried or overlooked, during these recent busy days of yours for incomings, pf....

Thanks Vit, I'll take a look.

Not worried about the cold as much as I am worried about, heat. My little fleece robe is too much. I've been too hot since the surgery.

Yes, it was nice to get a quick discharge this morning. Did have to wait until the nurse was done with her morning med pass, but that was okay. The hospital staff was fantastic. If I need a hospital, it's my most favorite place to be.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:50 PM   #16357
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Thanks again, guys.
I know seizures are pretty common. It's the first time I've had to deal with one and it's a bit unsettling.

I did not mean to make light of Pierce's condition, Pac. I was just trying to ease your mind that things might not be as bad as they seem. I am always upset when one of my furbabies is sick. They are so loyal and don't ask for much.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #16358
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
It was in the 30s today, but not nearly as cold as you people. Warm hugs for all you cold people. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{WARM HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Thanks. I really needed warm hugs today. What kept me going is that Downton Abby's new season starts tomorrow. Can't miss that! And the temperature is starting to climb.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #16359
Executive Chef

I think I'm coming down with pneumonia. I hope I can get in to see my doctor on Monday.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #16360
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Hi, Hi!! I am home. Had a nap and feel pretty good. It was nice to nap in my bed!
And now you know why I fight so hard to get out and back home. The first thing I do when I get home from the hospital is sit on my bed. I know you are doing fine. I just worry about Shrek now. How is he holding up?

« Midnite Oil Cafe | - »