"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #16501
Chef Extraordinaire

Cat, you have a wealth of information about Papa's boat. She sounds like a beautiful boat.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:20 PM   #16502
Chef Extraordinaire

Ever since I have had cable, I just have had the basic service. I am tired of all the junk that is available to me. So I called today to see what the cost would be to upgrade. Only ten dollars. I am now wishing I had made the call years ago. While I was talking to the customer service person, all of a sudden the channel I had on mute with no picture came on. Now that is what I call fast service. I will be watching National Geographic and a lot of the other Discovery channels.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #16503
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Cat, you have a wealth of information about Papa's boat. She sounds like a beautiful boat.
Oh she is! And with very, very many thanks to you, I'll bring her legacy on to the new Catina and also to my future family.

Sail on, Catina 1929 - 2014.

With love,
~Cat
Old 01-07-2014, 07:03 PM   #16504
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Addie, don't forget that a lot of people get kinda stupid when they are sick.

The doctor said that all of Stirling's symptoms are normal for someone his age who has just gotten over the flu. She told him the symptoms of pneumonia and told him to watch out for them.

I finally got my replacement master car key/remote and the key is programmed to the car. It was a very small detour to Swedish Auto, once we were at the doctor. At least it wasn't rush hour on the way home. But, poor Stirling was nauseous in the car. The doctor figures his continuing nausea is because his sinuses are draining into his stomach.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:11 PM   #16505
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Addie, don't forget that a lot of people get kinda stupid when they are sick.

The doctor said that all of Stirling's symptoms are normal for someone his age who has just gotten over the flu. She told him the symptoms of pneumonia and told him to watch out for them.

I finally got my replacement master car key/remote and the key is programmed to the car. It was a very small detour to Swedish Auto, once we were at the doctor. At least it wasn't rush hour on the way home. But, poor Stirling was nauseous in the car. The doctor figures his continuing nausea is because his sinuses are draining into his stomach.
Oh poor Stirling! I'm keeping him and you in my thoughts. That would make anyone nauseated. Uck!

You must have a Volvo, yes?

With love,
~Cat
Old 01-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #16506
Certified Pretend Chef

Mise en place is done for dinner and I await my lovely lady to get home so I can cook.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #16507
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgyver1968 View Post
Well...I made a wonderful cream of vegetable soup...as I mentioned before...I sorta take care of an elderly French lady down the street. Her son is there (he's a vegetarian) so I cooked some with the chicken, and some without.....Not too spicy for her tastes....and I made homemade biscuits to go with it. I should get full karma points. :)
That's a nice thing you do, Mac! Full karma points! More karma points for cooking extra for a vegetarian....
Old 01-07-2014, 07:41 PM   #16508
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Oh poor Stirling! I'm keeping him and you in my thoughts. That would make anyone nauseated. Uck!

You must have a Volvo, yes?

With love,
~Cat
Thank you Cat. Yes, I have a 2005 Volvo. Her name is Sigrid. I am very fond of her. Volvos are very good for winter. They like to play in the snow.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #16509
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Got my staples out today. Was out for almost six hours and I am tired. Having some soup and then off to bed.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #16510
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Mise en place is done for dinner and I await my lovely lady to get home so I can cook.
Nice job. I saw you even had to make a store run.

My dinner is also started. The sauce is simmering, the pork steak is seasoned, I turned the leftover anchovies into paste for future use, the water is on low heat... need to turn a roll into garlic bread and I'll be set.