What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For my Android phone, I just have to back up my phone data to the cloud and then restore it to the new phone. Could it be that easy?
It has been in the past, especially since just about everything is already in the cloud. But, I don't remember how I moved PDFs and it says specifically that it won't copy over my PDFs. I can upload them to Drive and then they will be available on my new phone. No thank you very much. I don't want to only have access through the internet. Also, I don't want to use up anymore Google storage than I have to. I don't want to have to start paying for the storage. Oh wait, I'm pretty sure I can use Drop Box for the PDFs. Thanks for making me think of that.

Kicking things off the to do list. Long one this week.

Yesterday put together in the living room of all the dumb places. A patio set. What was I thinking? ( I can hear you guys chuckling) ;)
Now I have to look at the chairs, carpet,table for at least another week before it goes out to the deck. Looks nice. Really crowded :(

Today I'll be cutting up my sons old jeans to make outdoor pillows for my new chairs and seat cushions for my bench.
The creative designs I can do are swirling in my mind right now.
It's picking and sticking to the plan that needs work.

Good rainy day projects. At least it's not a long walk if something needs to be re measured.

It has been in the past, especially since just about everything is already in the cloud. But, I don't remember how I moved PDFs and it says specifically that it won't copy over my PDFs. I can upload them to Drive and then they will be available on my new phone. No thank you very much. I don't want to only have access through the internet. Also, I don't want to use up anymore Google storage than I have to. I don't want to have to start paying for the storage. Oh wait, I'm pretty sure I can use Drop Box for the PDFs. Thanks for making me think of that.

When I went from an old Galaxy to a new one, I was able to just set up a connection phone to phone on our home network with a Samsung app and choose the copy data to new device option.

I went to the Sunday morning flea market and found this old copper wheel cut lemonade pitcher with its original fly cover.

It’s a rare and wonderful thing that I will probably never use for lemonade but might use as a covered biscuit/cookie jar.

I really need to find something else to do on Sunday mornings. ?

DA99806D-B765-4315-B631-BC99E7FCCC6E.jpeg

“If they’re selling elephants two for a quarter, that’s a great bargain, but only if you have a quarter and only if you need elephants.” - David Dinkins

I am preparing to start all my vegetable and flowers this year. I started celery yesterday, should germinate in a few weeks. I had a greenhouse in Ohio and started all plants way back when. This is the first time I am doing this in New Mexico. Some experienced gardeners are predicting an early Spring here. I have invested in various things to protect plants from freezing to death if freezes come! It should would be nice to have a growing season longer than the usual 130 day, late May to late September season.

I went to the Sunday morning flea market and found this old copper wheel cut lemonade pitcher with its original fly cover.

It’s a rare and wonderful thing that I will probably never use for lemonade but might use as a covered biscuit/cookie jar.

I really need to find something else to do on Sunday mornings. ?

View attachment 63720

“If they’re selling elephants two for a quarter, that’s a great bargain, but only if you have a quarter and only if you need elephants.” - David Dinkins
Wow Aunt Bea.
That's has to be the most stunning pitcher I've ever seen.
It's a first. Love flea markets. Next time you go call me ;)

I have a critter(s) in my apartment! 😱

It could be a tiger or a rhinoceros but I think it’s probably a mouse.

I opened a maintenance request with the office but there isn’t much that they can do for me.

I put all of the food in a plastic bin and set a couple of traps. 🪤

Now we wait!
1678025360940.jpeg

I have a critter(s) in my apartment! 😱

It could be a tiger or a rhinoceros but I think it’s probably a mouse.

I opened a maintenance request with the office but there isn’t much that they can do for me.

I put all of the food in a plastic bin and set a couple of traps. 🪤

Now we wait!
View attachment 63803
Maintenance needs to address that problem now before they multiply and they will. Their droppings can cause respiratory problems,and not forgetting property damage.
They can afford to buy some Just one bite cubes.
Set a cube out of the way of your own pets roaming space where your suspecting they are. They will take one bite. It's over for them by that time they then go looking for water.

Maintenance needs to address that problem now before they multiply and they will...
We noticed droppings in our first home while a neighbor was over. I exclaimed "oh no, I think we have a mouse" and his retort was "you never have A mouse". :oops: We were able to clear up the issue, Himself found and sealed off their entry point, and then we happened to end up being adopted by a kitty. Problem solved.

@Aunt Bea, I hope you are able to get rid of your uninvited guest(s) quickly and completely

My upright freezer in the basement badly needs defrosting. We have been trying to eat out of the freezer and not add anything to it for sometime so we could get that done.

This morning I woke early so I decided it would be a good day to make stock. I scavenged all the bags of chicken bones I'd been freezing for months, grabbed my 20-quart stockpot and began the process. Mirepoix, peppercorns and garlic into the pot. Bones, cooked and raw, into the pot. Fill it with water and put it on the hottest burner.

It's happily simmering away right now and the house smells pretty good. Later this afternoon, I'll get rid of the bones and chill it so I can put it in the fridge overnight. Then skim off the fat and bag it up into 1-quart Ziplock freezer bags for freezing.

I'll keep those bags here in the freezer section of the fridge until I get the upright defrosted and re-chilled.

We need to defrost our deep freeze too. I can barely get 1 of the baskets out and it has to go back in perfectly, or it won't.

@blissful I saved that recipe, and I'll be waiting for your taste test of that pepperoni! I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but I'm always looking for interesting recipes like this. And the author says they, like myself, "really don't like beets", but it doesn't taste at all like beets, so that made it sound doable, for me. I always buy a large amount of gluten, to use in those breads I make with high amounts of rye, so that's no problem.

@blissful I saved that recipe, and I'll be waiting for your taste test of that pepperoni! I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but I'm always looking for interesting recipes like this. And the author says they, like myself, "really don't like beets", but it doesn't taste at all like beets, so that made it sound doable, for me. I always buy a large amount of gluten, to use in those breads I make with high amounts of rye, so that's no problem.
Im guessing the Beet is more for color than taste. With all the stuff they got in there , the beet taste should be over powered. The only issue I have with Seitan, it takes a lot to mask the 'seitany' taste, which isn't bad, just just over powers what you want the final product to taste like. Ive done similar recipes for Hot dogs, sausages ... Some hide the taste more than others.

That being said, this recipe seems promising. I may give it a go this weekend.

@pepperhead212 and @larry_stewart cool! I Love cooking WITH people. The picture on the left in my post is a picture of the greek lemon spinach lentil soup, that I cooked WITH a friend that is in NY -different places, same recipe.
I'm also neither vegetarian or vegan but I wanted something spicy for pizza w/o oil/fat. My pepperoni rolls should be cold and ready to cut sometime after 6 or 7 tonight. I'll get back to you both with pictures.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom