What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used soy sauce (not low sodium) but then did not use the salt. My tastebuds require less salt, but there was a little bit of bitterness that might be fixed with the salt added. I really liked it and I don't mind bitter much at all. I kind of enjoy it. I used red pepper flakes in it for the chili flakes. It was hot like you expect for pepperoni. Oh I hope you two do try it, it's good. I'm looking forward to using it in pizza.
Texture-just like pepperoni without the oiliness. Very solid, and easy to cut.
veggiericepepperoni-004.jpg

Looks Great! I've made different seitan ' sausage - like' recipes, but never tried pepperoni. Definitely will give it a go. Another thing about Seitan products is they can be dry, as they lack the fat that its meat counterpart offers. As a result, they cook differently than their meat counterparts ( they tend to burn easier). Just something to keep in mind.

Great job. Looks as good, if not even better than ones I've bought online.

I used soy sauce (not low sodium) but then did not use the salt. My tastebuds require less salt, but there was a little bit of bitterness that might be fixed with the salt added. I really liked it and I don't mind bitter much at all. I kind of enjoy it. I used red pepper flakes in it for the chili flakes. It was hot like you expect for pepperoni. Oh I hope you two do try it, it's good. I'm looking forward to using it in pizza.
Texture-just like pepperoni without the oiliness. Very solid, and easy to cut.
veggiericepepperoni-004.jpg
Got around to trying it with similar/ results. I used regular soy sauce, along with the salt, and it was a little saltier than I'd like so probably would cut back or avoid the salt all together. Other than that , the recipe was easy to follow and the results were good. Still dry, like many vegan meats / sausages made like this are, but something that wouldn't be noticed on top of a pizza. Thanks for introducing me to the recipe.

Attachments

• Pepperoni .png
    Pepperoni .png
    997.9 KB · Views: 2
Got around to trying it with similar/ results. I used regular soy sauce, along with the salt, and it was a little saltier than I'd like so probably would cut back or avoid the salt all together. Other than that , the recipe was easy to follow and the results were good. Still dry, like many vegan meats / sausages made like this are, but something that wouldn't be noticed on top of a pizza. Thanks for introducing me to the recipe.
Looks GOOD!
We had pepperoni on our pizza toast yesterday and today. It was good. I put it right on the tomato sauce layer, veggie on top, then a rice no-cheeze sauce. I'm so glad you tried it!

I had been planning on copying CG's way of cooking. Was going to use upstairs kitchen and make a few meals, but....
baby got picked up early from daycare - doctor's diagnosis, double ear infection and the start of pneumonia. So mommy and baby are home and my kitchen plans are shot down.

Poor baby

So... after running around to 6 different stores today - one of my last calls was a grocery store. I found the item I was looking for and, of course, picked up a couple of other things.

As I went thru the check out - I told the cashier..
this is for my head (face cream)
this is for my feet (body cream)
this is for my tummy (barley)
and this is for my heart (a bouquet of tulips)

found some that were mostly closed... ;) last longer that way.

tip to those who have cut flowers - tulips last a longer time if you:-
Cut off about 1/2" or so when you arrive home.
Use hot water! in the vase
and don't fill vase too much, maybe a quarter. Sage advice from someone who had been there, done that... LOL
20230406_181805.jpg

I normally would have too, CG, but I was NOT going to make one more stop. I needed to get off my feet! Been to 2 big box hardwares (think Lowes- I did get some violets there [and seed potatos[)) 3 big grocers and one office box store. Cement floors n these places just kill me. Plus bringing it all in the house? GAHHH.

I had been telling myself earlier in the week to get a pot of ... something/aything, but it just didn't happen - so when I saw the tulips, well, my arm just went out on its own and grabbed a bunch.

I didn't need to make another stop, @dragnlaw. My grocery store had potted tulips, lilies, and a few other flowers for sale. I was kinda hoping to find daffodils, but no luck with that.

And I hear you about feet and concrete floors. My feet hate me for the rest of the day after I have been shopping.

With kids and family gone - I GET TO PLAY IN THE BIG KITCHEN! Wheeee

Finally going to make that Pasta Alla Gricia. That guanciale was darn hard to cut up! It came with the skin still on and it was THICK.
It's all ready to cart upstairs and start cooking.

Just resting my brain from trains and feets from standing over them sorting.

Making a note to myself to buy more whipping cream...as I sit and enjoy a homemade Italian Soda...made with Cherry Cola syrup...yum!
This was a new idea for me so I had to do a search, I’m sold!!!

This was a new idea for me so I had to do a search, I’m sold!!!

That one sounds wonderful! I generally keep them much simpler. Tall, thin glass. Fill about 3/4 full with ice. 1-2 Tablespoons soda syrup (your choice on flavor), top with club soda, leaving about 1-2 inches to top with heavy cream...and then whipped cream. Stir with straw and enjoy! They charge like 5 bucks at the one store we have that sells them! I make the club soda with my Sparkel soda machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom