What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What am I doing...I painted April birth month flowers, the daisy and sweet pea.
Our neighbor had a new baby and they came home from the hospital today, happy and healthy.
topsbeehives-003.jpg

sweetpeapaint-011.jpg

LOL, haven't signed up for her Patreon yet but keep saying I will.... soon.

meanwhile I've saved most of her video's and keep watching them - but that's as far as I've got, aside from buying a lot of stuff that I've never used yet! LOL, I'm hopeless.

LOL, haven't signed up for her Patreon yet but keep saying I will.... soon.

meanwhile I've saved most of her video's and keep watching them - but that's as far as I've got, aside from buying a lot of stuff that I've never used yet! LOL, I'm hopeless.
I think I've done 100 youtube videos with different artists. LDM patreon videos are about an hour to a couple hours long, step by step. She gives an outline, a list of supplies/paper size and type, progress photos as she goes, a scan and a photo of the finished painting, and the reference photo. She's very professionally a teacher and I love her soft touch. She's a very good teacher. Do it do it do it!!! You'll learn so much and over time you pick up so many watercolor skills, it surprised me. And for support join Watercolors beginners and beyond and you can get feedback and ask questions.

Waking up. Slow start to a busy day.
My oldest is going to stop by for a visit.The guys want to take me out for my b-day dinner. They're ignoring the Memo. Today is just another day. Can't we just do pick up have dinner at home?
Need to clean house before he gets here. Wouldn't want him to see that we really are slobs. Amazon and Chewy boxes are everywhere. :(

Just finished making some treats for the grandchildren who will be part of an Easter meal at Glenn's daughter's home tomorrow.

I saw an idea on the 'net and decided to make my take on them. I decided they needed to be glammed up a bit so I put sprinkles on the steering wheels and a decorative hood ornament, too. I call them "Peep Roadsters."

Whadya think?!

Attachments

• Front view - all cars.JPG
    Front view - all cars.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Rear view - all cars.JPG
    Rear view - all cars.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Cluse up of 2 cars.JPG
    Cluse up of 2 cars.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Rear view - single car.JPG
    Rear view - single car.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 8
Just finished making some treats for the grandchildren who will be part of an Easter meal at Glenn's daughter's home tomorrow.

I saw an idea on the 'net and decided to make my take on them. I decided they needed to be glammed up a bit so I put sprinkles on the steering wheels and a decorative hood ornament, too. I call them "Peep Roadsters."

Whadya think?!
Too incredibly cute!!! I'm sure they will be the hit of the meal!
smileys-easter-046131.gif

Prepping for Easter dinner. I have refrigerator roll dough rising in the (guess what?) refrigerator, the deviled eggs made and in the fridge, and have done the last minute check of needed ingredients. I'm so happy that I'll be able to make a nice Easter dinner. We've been intermittently without power for the last three days, but it seems to be fixed now.

FINALLY!!! Bought a new car! Gave up on ordering one, about this time last year. This morning, I decided to "build" one online...and then searched local dealers...and guess what!? I found one, a step up from what we had been looking for, for less! It has a tiny ding that they have to fix and then the sales rep has offered to delivery her to us! She's so pretty!
smileys-dancing-354201.gif

IMG_7242 (2).jpg

Nice,  Ginny! My SUV is red, too. Lots of red SUVs in parking lots. It's so much fun trying to find mine in a parking lot sometimes. :LOL: I have a small stuffed Snoopy on the dashboard so I don't try opening someone else's car. Wishing you many happy and safe miles of driving

Nice,  Ginny! My SUV is red, too. Lots of red SUVs in parking lots. It's so much fun trying to find mine in a parking lot sometimes. :LOL: I have a small stuffed Snoopy on the dashboard so I don't try opening someone else's car. Wishing you many happy and safe miles of driving
Thank you! We had to give up on getting a diesel...sigh. But, this one is a better/upgrade of what we were looking for before. And, she'll look very pretty behind the RV!

I'm going to bed in a few minutes but I just had to let everyone know: I finally have internet! Real internet - I'm not having to use my neighbor's WiFi. It's satellite - Starlink. I probably should just be using WiFi like all my neighbors, but I decided to hook up my desktop. Of course, there's a fly in the ointment, as usual. I thought the dish would have to face south so I figured I could put it right next to my trailer and take advantage of all that cleared area I have in my yard.

Oh, no. The satellite has to face NW and so now it's out in the middle of my yard with a 30ft cable right where I can trip on it when I feed the birds. Plus it's right where my contractor is going to bulldoze my yard in a couple weeks and also right where I want to eventually put my raised garden beds.

Of course, it took an hour to update everything. Then I got a notice to update Flash. So I clicked the box but the Flash page said Flash had been discontinued and support for it had ended on 12/31/2020.

That's what happens when you go 3 1/2 years without internet, I guess.

But the upside is I have internet and now I have access to all my recipes again. Woohoohoo!

I think there's enough holes in my trailer roof already, thank you. LOL

What I may try to do is put the dish on my shed roof. The only problem with that is then it will be in plain sight of anyone driving past and the cord isn't long enough. But I'm starting to rethink this wired stuff and maybe I'll just go for WiFi on my desktop, since I have the router now. I mean, you have to be pretty desperate to climb up on a shed and take a dish, right? That seems like the best option for now.

The alternative is to shift it to the side where the ditch is. It'll only be moved about 100 feet to the right, so there shouldn't be a problem with line of sight.

I'll have to find something to put the dish on permanently, though, because I want my end table back. The cat will be unhappy because she loves having the end table out in the middle of the yard when it's raining because she can sit out there under it and stay dry while watching everything around her.

Yesterday I cubed one finished recipe of pepperoni (vegan) and one of italian sausage (vegan) that I want to use on pizza, storing those in the freezer. In the pepperoni recipe it used a beet and tomato paste to make it red (and flavorful), while the italian sausage recipe had the tomato paste but not the beet. They both looked slightly reddish and there was no big difference in color. I am thinking the beet could be ignored and 1/2 cup of broth put in its place without a problem.

Back
Top Bottom