What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting everything organized, planned out for our vacation getaway into the garage. Yes you read that right. My house needs to be tented off for a few days.
I couldn't reserve rooms they are all booked. So I asked the inspector if staying in the garage would be safe. He looked, measured and said why not? You and your pets would be completely safe.
Went on Amazon to buy a plastic outdoor sink That folds up to have a washing area. Because I live in Kalifornia...They can't ship it. Really? It's just an outdoor washing table that people have in their gardens hooked up to a hose for washing the veggies and such for canning. Unbelievable.
But I did buy everything else that might be needed. The commode!! ;)
So today it's organizing and setting up kitchen and sleeping areas. So glad I kept that huge fridge.
Are you any where near a Camping World or similar store? They may/should have something that could work. Of course, call to verify!

Keep us posted on your adventure and please let us know if you find the cream puff recipe! 🤭

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade! 🍋🍋🍋

Keep us posted on your adventure and please let us know if you find the cream puff recipe! 🤭

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade! 🍋🍋🍋
Boy, I make a mean pitcher of Lemonade. Extra sugar. Pairs well with my sour disposition.. J/K :)
Recipe found! Happy dance. Needs modifications. No longer cook for a crowd.
Made a huge dent in my bucket list.
That monster sized garage if I wanted it to be done can be turned into a really nice sized apartment or guest house. Private access/ parking wouldn't be a problem. I've already had electrical work done on it. It's well covered. It sits detached well away from my house in the backyard.
This is going to be way better than I thought without shelling out a lot of money for a dank room. And my mini fridge is better. Go BIG or go home! ;) And all my lil' buddies can be safe at home.

Are you any where near a Camping World or similar store? They may/should have something that could work. Of course, call to verify!
Great idea! I'll check into that.
All the big box stores are almost 2 hrs from me.
Pay enough and they will ship. Thank you for the idea.
It's best I not go into Home Depot. I have a way of ditching people ;)

Great idea! I'll check into that.
All the big box stores are almost 2 hrs from me.
Pay enough and they will ship. Thank you for the idea.
It's best I not go into Home Depot. I have a way of ditching people ;)
Maybe even a Cabela's? They make sinks and stuff for fishing folks. Things that help clean fish without taking it inside the home. And, there are portable/folding sinks for campers.

@Chef Munky I hope you find what you need.

I'm finishing a blue bell flower painting. Tomorrow we spray the fruit trees, finish painting beehive #4, and do bee check #6. It rained today, so we were stuck inside, but tomorrow the forecast is no rain and we'll be out there.

Went on Amazon to buy a plastic outdoor sink That folds up to have a washing area. Because I live in Kalifornia...They can't ship it. Really? It's just an outdoor washing table that people have in their gardens hooked up to a hose for washing the veggies and such for canning. Unbelievable.
I would buy a couple of plastic dish pans.

Fill them from the hose and empty them in the garden.

I would add a few drops of chlorine bleach to the water or boil it just to be on the safe side.

Done for the day. Even installed nightlights all over for my cat.
I don't want her to get scared. I say the cat but it's actually an excuse for me! ;)
I'm hoping she doesn't see the rafters. They are floored, like a barn you know where they would store hay. Haven't been in a barn in years. If she goes up. It's at least 8Ft she will be outta luck. I don't have or will get a ladder to get her out.

unfinished blue bell flowers on the left, using dye based pencil colors on the right.
Helen Campbell tutorial.
salve-006.jpg

This is a tobacco barn in pencil. I'll be painting it in color next.
sunlight-002.jpg

Last edited:
VERY nice bliss! Wet on wet?

Funny, but guess I never looked for a name. I like Sumi-e painting too, have never done it. Didn't even know it had a name! LOL. Would just called it Japanese style.

@dragnlaw It's different than wet on wet in a lot of ways because the ink is permanent once it dries. There is no lifting or reactivating, it's unforgiving. It goes on dry with the pencil then activated with a wet brush.
OR it goes on wet on wet or wet on dry by mixing ink off the pencil into a little water and using that.
OR it gets activated on the right (from scribbling with the pencil on paper activated with a wet brush), then moved to the painting on left for parts of the flowers.

that whole sheet on the right is full of the colors I'm using from the inktense set. It can also be used for painting with dyes on cotton or silk.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom