What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr bliss assembled our two new picnic tables, then we painted them. We use them a lot for processing food outside in the summer, chopping, sorting, cleaning, rinsing before we bring them in the house. I love the blue color. One will go on the deck and one under a tree out in the yard.

beeteaherbsfrozendesserts-050.jpg

Had a great mini vacation. Were not sure who had more fun on the trip. The dogs loved the long country drive they barked at all the cows and sheep. The cat discovered how to control the knobs on the wall a/c unit. She kept turning it up and down the whole time we were there. The room I booked was very nice. Glad the first one refused to book us. She refused to do so because I have a cat. Go figure. I found an upgrade with a discount.
In hock up to my eyebrows. Not really caring at this point.
Everything I wanted done to my home and around it was.
Now I can landscape the front and back yard to suit my style.

Had a great mini vacation. Were not sure who had more fun on the trip. The dogs loved the long country drive they barked at all the cows and sheep. The cat discovered how to control the knobs on the wall a/c unit. She kept turning it up and down the whole time we were there. The room I booked was very nice. Glad the first one refused to book us. She refused to do so because I have a cat. Go figure. I found an upgrade with a discount.
In hock up to my eyebrows. Not really caring at this point.
Everything I wanted done to my home and around it was.
Now I can landscape the front and back yard to suit my style.
Where did you go?

Catching up on internet stuff. I decided to run a Boot-Time scan with Avast on my laptop. It's a scan that runs before Windows loads, so it can catch more stuff than when Windows is running. I was having some connectivity issues and other minor issues. It took a little over four and a half hours to run. It did find something and quarantined it. I had run a regular virus scan earlier today, which didn't find anything. Avast is currently installing some additional definitions that will make the Boot-Time scan be able to catch even more stuff. I hope the next scan doesn't take as long.

So, that's what I have been doing today.

Okay, clearly, we are very bad people. We get our kicks watching other people attempt to pull in and set up their rig at the campground. It is amazing that some folks even make it to the park! Today, we are enjoying something like Mystery Science Theater, making up the voice for what they seem to be doing.

In our defense, we have, looooong ago, figured out that people to not want help with this process. They much prefer to figure it out themselves. So...game on! God forgive us!

If you want some good laughs, take a ride to a busy boat launch area, especially on a holiday, and if the launch ramps are kind of steep even better! You won't know whether to laugh or just shake your head at the predicaments infrequent boaters get themselves into.

As our park ranger friend often said "You can't fix stupid!"

OMG, I forgot about an incident until just now. It was scary at the time and extremely annoying, but nobody got hurt so we can look back and laugh a little at the stupidity. It was a 4th of July long weekend. We hooked up our boat and left for the state park we normally launched at. It was early because we knew things would get crazy. There was already a line waiting to get into the park, which opened at daylight. There was an old stand alone RV several vehicles in front of us. They apparently decided to cook breakfast while waiting for the park to open. That was great as long as the vehicle wasn't moving, but the park opened and the line started moving, but the cook didn't stop cooking, frying bacon to be exact per our ranger friend. The road in wasn't the greatest, very narrow and had pot holes and bumps because it was cut through a forest so there were tree root bumps and broken pavement everywhere in the road. I'm sure you can guess what happened. They did manage to get the fire out with hand held extinguishers, but the RV was pretty much toast. The park rangers made everybody that could, i.e. cars, turn around and leave, and closed the entrance, then the rest of us had to back up and then pull over as far as possible so the fire trucks could get in to do their thing of making sure it really was out. After a couple of hours and a tow truck showing up, the fire trucks went through the out gate to the parking lot so they could turn around and actually leave. The tow truck took the RV through the in gate to the parking lot so it could turn around and then leave. We finally got to go in and launch the boat.

I guess the RV people thought it would be okay to cook while driving because they were going slow, but found out quite differently.

Okay, clearly, we are very bad people. We get our kicks watching other people attempt to pull in and set up their rig at the campground. It is amazing that some folks even make it to the park! Today, we are enjoying something like Mystery Science Theater, making up the voice for what they seem to be doing.

In our defense, we have, looooong ago, figured out that people to not want help with this process. They much prefer to figure it out themselves. So...game on! God forgive us!

“The expert at anything was once a beginner.” – Helen Hayes

OMG, I forgot about an incident until just now. It was scary at the time and extremely annoying, but nobody got hurt so we can look back and laugh a little at the stupidity. It was a 4th of July long weekend. We hooked up our boat and left for the state park we normally launched at. It was early because we knew things would get crazy. There was already a line waiting to get into the park, which opened at daylight. There was an old stand alone RV several vehicles in front of us. They apparently decided to cook breakfast while waiting for the park to open. That was great as long as the vehicle wasn't moving, but the park opened and the line started moving, but the cook didn't stop cooking, frying bacon to be exact per our ranger friend. The road in wasn't the greatest, very narrow and had pot holes and bumps because it was cut through a forest so there were tree root bumps and broken pavement everywhere in the road. I'm sure you can guess what happened. They did manage to get the fire out with hand held extinguishers, but the RV was pretty much toast. The park rangers made everybody that could, i.e. cars, turn around and leave, and closed the entrance, then the rest of us had to back up and then pull over as far as possible so the fire trucks could get in to do their thing of making sure it really was out. After a couple of hours and a tow truck showing up, the fire trucks went through the out gate to the parking lot so they could turn around and actually leave. The tow truck took the RV through the in gate to the parking lot so it could turn around and then leave. We finally got to go in and launch the boat.

I guess the RV people thought it would be okay to cook while driving because they were going slow, but found out quite differently.
Have you seen The Long, Long Trailor? Lucy & Ricky...before I Love Lucy. Lucy tries to cook while Ricky drives to their next location. Hysterical!

Ooops...see above! LOL.

I did very little in my garden yesterday, because later, when I usually get out there, due to the dew hanging on much of the day, my AC died. frown It was after 5:30 pm, and I noticed it feeling more uncomfortable in the house, and sure enough, the AC was not starting up. The thermostat was working, and when I would turn it off, and then on again, there would be a brief "hum", that it always starts up with, but that's it. And when I turned the fan to on, not auto, it wouldn't go on, so it sounds like the fan motor, the guy I talked to at the ac/heater place said. And he said, though they could come out after hours, he wouldn't recommend it (even though they'd get some large fee), since they will almost certainly have to get a part for it, and those places don't stay opened late! So they're going to try to fit me in very early, so they can get the ball rolling quickly. I spent the night at a friend's house, and may have to do that again. I'll find out, once they get here, what I have to do. Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom