"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #16601
Certified Cake Maniac

I have been up most of the night with flu symptoms and didn't want to go to bed because TB has his flu shot today and can't show any symptoms. I did get some rest on my recliner, but was looking forward to curling up in the bed with the electric blanket on when he got up for work.

Alas, I just couldn't settle and am up once again. This could be a long day. I need to be healthy for Monday as I have my appointment with the surgeon.

I will see if I can get some tea and toast down then try bed again.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:26 AM   #16602
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I have been up most of the night with flu symptoms and didn't want to go to bed because TB has his flu shot today and can't show any symptoms. I did get some rest on my recliner, but was looking forward to curling up in the bed with the electric blanket on when he got up for work.

Alas, I just couldn't settle and am up once again. This could be a long day. I need to be healthy for Monday as I have my appointment with the surgeon.

I will see if I can get some tea and toast down then try bed again.

Sorry to say, but if you are getting the flu, you are not going to be healthy by Monday. Even if it's just a cold, it will linger. You may still be able to go for your appointment, but I doubt if they will schedule surgery until you are better. I know that's not what you want to hear. I could be wrong, but that's just my own experience.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #16603
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Sorry to say, but if you are getting the flu, you are not going to be healthy by Monday. Even if it's just a cold, it will linger. You may still be able to go for your appointment, but I doubt if they will schedule surgery until you are better. I know that's not what you want to hear. I could be wrong, but that's just my own experience.
No, Carol, you are absolutely right. I've just been hoping the symptoms are something else and not the flu. I've had a lot of nausea, etc. With the gallbladder and while I am following the diet fairly well I am getting a bit of pain back so hopefully these other symptom are that and not the flu.

I am just treating it like the flu in case.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #16604
Master Chef

Don't you have a flu vaccination?
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:03 PM   #16605
Certified Cake Maniac

No, every time I get one it makes me more sick than if I don't. I stay in a lot so unless TB brings it home I am fairly safe. He has to have the shot because of his work. I do get a pneumonia shot every three years though.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #16606
Master Chef

we got the shot at work, too...

but I would you react with sickness, I wouldn't do it either, we are free to do it, but as there is a chance for us to get into contact with avian influenza, I do it.
No cross-mutation from me, please..
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #16607
Certified Pretend Chef

Cooking up a big pot of Sunday Ragu with meatballs and sausages to be added later. That's dinner for tonight's houseful of family. SO took today off and has been a big help.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #16608
Chef Extraordinaire

I've gotten the flu shot every year since 1996 and have never had the flu. The shot contains a dead virus, so you can't get the flu from the shot. However, the shot can't protect against all varieties of the flu, so it's possible to get flu from another source.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:05 PM   #16609
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Sheesh! You guys didn't even notice I was gone!

Strangely enough, Mexico has internet and I could lurk...
Welcome home!!.....and back to DC!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:13 PM   #16610
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Welcome home!!.....and back to DC!
Thanks, SB! (actually I was on here, just not as much as usual!)