"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-12-2014, 01:38 AM   #16681
Master Chef

Starting to feel human again after three days. About every year and a half I get a bout of lower abdominal cramps for about five days. Have no idea what causes them, but this time I headed right to the BART diet. Seems to have shortened the problem. Meanwhile, I better hunt Gru down. I think I got his Dart Gun and I need to find him to make a switch...

Old 01-12-2014, 01:42 AM   #16682
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
What are they?

Pac...... They are quail eggs. My neighbor raises quail and chickens.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:50 AM   #16683
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Me too!

Need I say more?
Old 01-12-2014, 01:51 AM   #16684
Chef Extraordinaire

After all that I am going to bed. Good night everyone!
Old 01-12-2014, 02:23 AM   #16685
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
...Oh, just found out my silly mutt likes beets! A piece dropped on the floor and she grabbed it. I figured she wouldn't touch it but she wolfed it down and looked up for more (which she didn't get!).
Your silly mutt can be friends with our daughter's silly kitty LB. While we were back home in OH I cooked a lot (LOVED it! ) and Dan the Cat was always at my feet looking hopeful. I usually resisted, but I did offer him a slice of radish while making salads. He loved it! I quit feeding him at three pieces. He also enjoyed cabbage and lettuce while we were there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-04 11.23.47.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	20580  
Old 01-12-2014, 02:50 AM   #16686
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
....Oh. I got my stitches out today. I feel very much better! The scar is very ugly and it will never go away but if this is the worst which will happen to me, I don't care. I just won't be able to wear a 2-piece bathing suit any more, and that is fine, for I am modest anyway and those are very over-rated.....
Cat, you (or someone else if you can't reach) can rub Palmer's Cocoa Butter on the scar when it's completely healed. It will make the scar a little less visible, but more importantly it will keep the skin soft and supple so that the scar doesn't shrink and pull the surrounding skin. I did it ever night for about a year when I scrapped my elbow so bad that you could see...well, it was unpleasant. It made a real difference. Now I put it on only a few times a week, usually after a show AND I think of doing it.(I stand on record that I do shower more often than twice a week. )

I'll post a link to my recipe later - the recipe is in the Soup sub-forum. It's for a bean and bacon soup with ham. You should be able to have all the ingredients on board and they stay fresh (ham and bacon) for a long time do to their curing process.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:52 AM   #16687
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Martin all Mahogany
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Pretty! Where is a "drooling emoticon" when you really need one? Lovely guitars lovingly made even today (Himself and I visited the factory in 2011)) and beautiful sounding. All I own is a Guild F-212 from the late 60s.

A friend and I drove out to Nazareth (pre-marriage, and we were just buddies, so no ideas) so he could drop off two of his Martins for refurbishing. Couple of Dreadnoughts, I guess, since they had "D-" in their names. Got a very personal tour of the factory. This was back in 1972 and the two of us were going camping in (of all places) New England. I had borrowed his tent and his girlfriend's brother's sleeping bags so my friend Betsy and I could camp for a week. She backed out days before so I asked if he wanted to go instead. My Mom was freaked out, especially when she said "go ask your Father" and his reply was "you kids go and have a good time, OK"? And that's when her heart problems began...
Old 01-12-2014, 03:12 AM   #16688
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
..I got the Shingles Vaccine early d/t health status...
I should get the Shingles Vaccine. My Mom got it when she was in her 60s and the poor dear was so miserable. Then our son got it his Freshman year of high school. At first we thought it was just a rash because he was wrestling (they wash the mats down with bleach) but it turned out to be shingles! Ack! I'm surrounded!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #16689
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Starting to feel human again after three days. About every year and a half I get a bout of lower abdominal cramps for about five days. Have no idea what causes them, but this time I headed right to the BART diet. Seems to have shortened the problem. Meanwhile, I better hunt Gru down. I think I got his Dart Gun and I need to find him to make a switch...

That sounds like me before my diverticuli perforated. Be very careful about this. It wasn't pretty.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #16690
Executive Chef

Cat, don't throw away the bikini just yet. Many scars fade into oblivion after about a year. After having my heart surgery I thought I would never wear a V-neck top again, but now it's barely noticeable, especially in the summer when I have a bit of a tan.